PDA

View Full Version : what is the exact color of green or blue chroma?

@lias
06-24-2005, 01:03 AM
hello
can you tell me please what is the ecact color of the green or blue chroma?
is it :

R 0
G 256
B 0

for the gren one? or what?

Aneks
06-24-2005, 07:17 AM
are you asking about the paint or the fabric material or what ?
Ultimatte used to make a paint that was designed for chroma key screens in both lbue and green.

Also there are a number of companies that make specific fabric for blue/green chroma key material

@lias
06-25-2005, 04:11 PM
am asking about the paint..i have a wall plain wite..i s thee any special process for the wall to become a chroma plate other than painting it with the exact color of the blue or green chroma?

WhiteRabbitObj
06-26-2005, 06:16 PM
Anything can serve for a key, as long as the plate elements you dont want to key out don't have that color. You can pick up a paint from your local hardware store and paint your wall that and shoot and go wild keying it out. It can be any color or any shade. The most important thing to do when constructing a green/blue/whatever-screen, is to light it evenly and preferably, brightly, and to use a rimlight on your plate elements to help eliminate color spill from your background.

If you want to paint your wall for shooting chroma-key plates, I would just pick a bright green matte finish paint, nothing glossy or you will get highlights that won't key.

SalaTar
06-27-2005, 12:07 AM
http://www.videouniversity.com/chroma1.htm

JuddWack
06-28-2005, 05:18 PM
As far as I know it doesnt matter. You can key out whatever color you like. Just make sure that it is lit evenly. Thats VERY important. Also make sure your subjects arent wearing the color or anything to close of the color your keying out.

@lias
06-29-2005, 01:26 AM
thanks guys ..that should do it:) :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
06-29-2005, 01:26 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.