PDA

View Full Version : HELP-ME: Transform MEL scripts in MS or MSE?

thiagomarcio
06-23-2005, 08:59 PM
Anyone here knows hos to transform mel(MAYA) scripts in ms or mse or anyother script language of 3DSMAX7 ???? Beco i taked exelents scripts called muscles 4.1 and afterburns, but i was for maya, and i work with 3DSMAX7! HELP-MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

mhovland
06-23-2005, 11:20 PM
Not possible to directly convert them.

Your best bet is to find a talented scripter fluent in both MEL and MAXScript and see if they can port the code, but I can tell you from experience that it won't be an easy task for anything more complex than a text file exporter. I converted a text file exporter from MAXScript to MEL script, and while it was far easier than something complex, it wasn't a direct port.

From my experience, MEL is a much better scripting language, since MEL gives you access to almost every part of Maya. MAXScript doesn't give access to a lot of functions/tools. The functions that aren't available to MAXScript, need to be exposed through a plugin.

CGTalk Moderation
06-23-2005, 11:20 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.