PDA

View Full Version : Visual effects

vikigrafx
06-23-2005, 02:00 PM
Hi friends

I have a doubt which is pinching from so many days, i would like to clarify if somebody can.....

See i am using 3dsmax software and heard about these compositing softwares but no idea at all. And my doubt is in many hollywood movies i watch some effects like a character face morphs into a shape of a anima facel or another cg charcter face with fereous look( ex: mummy, Van helsing...) like. here the character is a video footage and this animal face or others or CG work. This is diffenately cant do in 3dsmax.
IS they use your compositing softwares to do this type of visual effects?

And also some times they do this morphing from 1 cg face to another cg face. Even this is also not possible with 3dsmax unless they share equal no of vertices. For that type of effects also does they use compositing software?

This is my question and i want to know this. They look highly realistic. Can any body clarify my doubt.
Thanks in advance.

mushkin
06-23-2005, 09:54 PM
Yes,

shake 3.5 does it. you also have digital fusion that does it too.

later

Pollo
07-01-2005, 04:49 AM
Didn't you already post this exact post and someone already told you Morpheus does and After Effects can? Why repost? Why not just bump the other thread?

CGTalk Moderation
07-01-2005, 04:49 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.