PDA

View Full Version : morphing

vikigrafx
06-23-2005, 05:49 AM
Hi friends

I need your help...
I want to morph two different objects in 3dsmax. I had a robot model and a war machine model with me. What i want is i want to morph the robot model into war machine or vice versa.

As i know in 3dsmax if i want to do morph both the objects should share same no of verticec,faces and polygons.But for my models right now i have doesnt share same no of polygons and so.
I want to know is, whether there is any other way i can do (in 3dsmax only not in elastic reality or any image morphing softwares)..
If some body knows please help, i am in urgent need.
Thanks in advance.

vikigrafx
06-27-2005, 10:02 AM
ooh no body replied........

can i expect any suggestions please

cecofuli
06-27-2005, 11:08 AM
For me, with the standard tools in max, you can't do it. Morpher work only with the same model remodel into a new shape. You don't change the number of vertex or your model blow out!
Sorry for my poor english.

Clanger
06-27-2005, 11:45 AM
I sort of remember a technique in Max from years back where you start with a plane object with a suitable number of internal polys and map your first object as a rendered out bitmap onto this plane.
then you animate the verts of the plane moving into positions that line up with points on the rendered out second object.
animate the planes texture changing from picture 1 to picture 2 and you have a sort of poor mans elastic reality.

groutcho
06-28-2005, 02:44 PM
well you can't morph if the two objects haven't exactly the same number of vertices, and if those vertices aren't put in the same order (which means that if the two objects have x vertices but vertex #1 isn't next to vertex #2 on both meshes, it's not fine ). You can create a model, say a tank, and you want to morph it into a plane. So take your tank model, copy it away, and move the vertices to make it look like a plane. But never add nor remove vertex, or it won't work. And add a morph modifier to the tank, add the tank model and the plane model to the targets, and you have your metamorphosis.

- Groutcho

Jelmer
06-30-2005, 09:45 AM
lol, that sounds very difficult to do, i would try to scale the model down, use some particle FX, to kinda hide the first model and then show the second model or something like that, so it looks like it has changed into the new model maybe??

jammin
07-02-2005, 05:45 AM
for a quick and dirty morph -lots of particles; like jelmer said
you could also add a visibility track in the curve editor
fade out robot/particles/fade in war machine

CGTalk Moderation
07-02-2005, 05:45 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.