PDA

View Full Version : Text - Erratic Polys

devin
06-22-2005, 09:59 PM
http://www.waterfrontdistributed.com/dap/letter_h.jpg

Well, I'm tackling something that I thought would be easy and now I'm stumped. I imported a logo using the epsloader. All appears okay. I merged any duplicate points and knocked out any holes, etc. When I went to extrude the text, however, I noticed erratic polys which I can't seem to remedy. I've killed/recreated the poly several times and tried setting the curve resolution at various settings. I've checked to make sure that it isn't non-planar as well. You can see above what I'm encountering. This even occurs on a simple "T" shape consisting of 8 pts. defining the corners.

Any help would be appreciated. I've ran a search, viewed tutorials, etc. but none so far seem to touch on the issue.

Ayreon
06-22-2005, 10:22 PM
Did you try rendering it in Layout? I've had this happen a few times, but it renders oke. I guess it's just some open gl bug in Modeler.

Ayreon

Crook
06-22-2005, 10:26 PM
Tripling usually removes these odd artifacts, and you can cut/merge polys back together as necessary.

devin
06-22-2005, 10:37 PM
Didn't try it in layout. Should have though. Thanks for the suggestions. I'll see what happens.

d

CGTalk Moderation
06-22-2005, 10:37 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.