PDA

View Full Version : Building a City - Problems

nomadicrain
06-22-2005, 06:11 PM
I have been trying to build an environment(city) to populate with people for an animation. I can get several proxy buildings in the scene and a ground plane but when I try to zoom into the scene to be able to actually see the people, I am unable to zoom close enough. I can only get to where the person looks like they are 200 yards away as opposed to getting 5 feet away. What could be keeping me from being able to get any closer?

Shade01
06-22-2005, 08:37 PM
Did you forget to maybe tell us something? Like, what program are you using? :p

nomadicrain
06-22-2005, 09:30 PM
hehe :shrug: My Bad. 3dsMax 7

XeresRazor
06-23-2005, 06:20 PM
Max's zooming has some funky scaling issues, your best bet is to select one of your characters and hit the 'z' key to zoom selected, that will scale your movements and make it a lot easier to navigate, first person mode might help as well. I've been finding that the z key and rotate around selected have been life savers recently when working on large models or trying to get a good angle to work on some interior geometry.

nomadicrain
06-23-2005, 08:38 PM
how do you access first person mode?

cybser
06-23-2005, 11:47 PM
http://www.cyberunderground.nl/ralph/walkmode.jpg

First select the walkmode (look at the picture above on how to)

To walk use the arrow keys or W, A, S, D. To look around hold down the left mouse button.

nomadicrain
06-24-2005, 02:20 PM
That is awesome, never even knew there was such a creature. Thanks man.

CGTalk Moderation
06-24-2005, 02:20 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.