PDA

View Full Version : UGAC - PROP 102 - ULTIMATE CRATE/BARREL - mental-phreak

mental-phreak
06-22-2005, 04:44 PM
As i asked myself what the most ultimate barrel is, a anwser came quickly in my mind...

... the HOLY BARREL made by the carpenter and son of god Jesus :)

There you can fill up your holy grail and have a fresh and rejuvenating drink!

First sketches hopefully today.

mental

Swizzle
06-22-2005, 05:42 PM
... the HOLY BARREL made by the carpenter and son of god Jesus :)

There you can fill up your holy grail and have a fresh and rejuvenating drink!That is an amazingly cool idea. I'm going to keep an eye on this one.

mental-phreak
06-22-2005, 10:22 PM
http://www.hipoly.de/upload/mental/UGAC/wip_barrel01.JPG

Here is my first sketch...
In my opinion i need more highlights like candlethingies, what do you guys think?

Need C&C!

rosch
06-23-2005, 10:18 AM
Nice, i like the concept a lot! It's funny but something like "holy crate or barrel" came to my mind too when I read the thread about the challenge. Something like the "Holy Grenade" in the game Worms.

With the big texturesize you can use in the contest you can add great detail to those rings holding the wood together. I could imagine an engraved image-history about jesus ...
Would look great with well placed spec-maps.

Wait for updates :)

btw: greets from m/s cs-forum :D

Neox
06-23-2005, 12:30 PM
hehe now this is a quite small Prop compared to the polycounts and texturepages you have, is there any chance of getting a picture with the sizerelations on screen compared to the player figure? ^^

fanton
06-26-2005, 04:56 PM
the cross is kind of extra. try to make something else. for example where is the handle if its a bucket, or the pieces of wood that keep the handle.

you might transform it into a well. so you can add a small roof. and you could paint or sculpt a small angel or mary on/in the side of the roof. or you could add one of those small buckets with some device to get water from the well.

or back to the bucket. you could make a nozzle on one side of the bucket. you could add a mouth, or some eyes for a really scarry game. you could fill the bucket and have some eyes floating around. you name it. try to make it cool :)

i wanted see the model :sad: at least an attempt

[edit] sorry if i turned your barrel into the UNHOLY BARREL

CGTalk Moderation
06-26-2005, 04:56 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.