PDA

View Full Version : sequence layers?

Tread
06-22-2005, 02:46 PM
Hey all, question for you...

So I made this one sweep nurbs object, and animated it's growth. I then duplicated it about 50 times. I need to sequence them to make them grow one after the other. Is there an easy way to do this?

thanks!

Ted

ThirdEye
06-22-2005, 02:55 PM
animate the first then copy/paste and move the frames in the timeline

Tread
06-22-2005, 04:08 PM
ok, yeah, I realize I can do that, but I was hoping for something a bit more automated. Something to the effect of 'sequence layers' in After Effects.

Thanks though

tcastudios
06-22-2005, 07:17 PM
Duplicate the spline then Select all the splines and use "Connect". Use that new spline for swepnurbing.
THe grow parameter will now make them grow one after the other. The cool thing is that Scale parameter scales each segment as well!

Cheers
Lennart

ernia
06-22-2005, 07:25 PM
Very cool TCAstudios! Thanks.

ernia

tcastudios
06-22-2005, 07:29 PM
Now play with the Cap settings and you will have mushrooms growing if you like:)
(EndFilletCap, many Steps, big Radius, type halfcircle, Chack Constrain)

Cheers
Lennart

govinda
06-22-2005, 09:58 PM
Lennart, what a great solution to a fundamental problem.

The next thing is, how do you make their animations overlap (a question which Tread alerted me to)? Here's my thought.

http://www.planetsandvegetables.com/cgtalk/sweepoverlaps.jpg

The idea is that before you make all the splines into one big spline, you group them, every second or third or fourth into a group. Then connect each group and put them into identical sweepnurbs. With some math you should be able to precisely figure the right overlap. It might also be necessary to play with the order of the points in each connected group.

You still have some sequencing, but much much less. There's surely another way that don't involve ANY timeline sequencing, like an Xpresso solution using hierarchy, object index and history nodes.

pasto
06-23-2005, 08:35 PM
Use the animated sweep as a particle and use expresso to place them on your scene.

CGTalk Moderation
06-23-2005, 08:35 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.