PDA

View Full Version : Recommended game

Tottebias
10-20-2002, 01:45 PM
Just thought I had to recommend this game I've been playin for the last week or so. It might not be for everyone, but if you like strategy you'll love it. It's Medieval: Total War. It's got great depth in the economic and diplomatic parts and really cool battle sequences.

Something to do when you're not wavin'!

Daniel
10-20-2002, 02:03 PM
..sorry BUT where is LightWave...? :)
U know. that's the lw board, for lw discus...not for general stuff.
May change the hread name to OT-Recommen....?

regards, Daniel

Cya.

wgreenlee1
10-20-2002, 02:50 PM
hehehehe

When you not wavin?
WTF does that mean?
I'm always wavin'...........:wavey:

Tottebias
10-20-2002, 03:09 PM
Daniel: Take a look around. Not everything in the world revolves around Lightwave. It's good for you to do something else for a change.

wgreenlee: Wavin=lightwaving

DigitalDeuce
10-20-2002, 03:13 PM
I've been gettin into UT2003 -- making my objects in LightWave and importin them.

Wheee!!

Yeah, I know -- small shiny objects facinate me too -- I still find myself from time to time making chrome spheres on a tile floor.

First step toward getting better is knowing that you have a problem.

:drool:

wgreenlee1
10-20-2002, 03:14 PM
Yeah Daniel get a life dude.
Get away from that computer screen and go sit in front of the TV.
Theres a whole world out there in the living room just waitin to be explored....:rolleyes:

Tottebias
10-20-2002, 03:16 PM
Deuce:I've just plaed the demo, but I'm really hooked. I need to get that game very soons. Cool to be able to import your own stuff...

DigitalDeuce
10-20-2002, 03:23 PM
From what I have heard, the demo actually doesn't do it justice.

I'm even trying to see how you could do visualizations of an architechural nature in a game engine environment.

Really cool stuff.

:bounce: :bounce:

Daniel
10-20-2002, 03:28 PM
so much new postings :p

the latest games I played very often was "Homeworld" (both titles.) And Gunlock. Gunlock is a very cool game. Yes not that new. But still great.

I'm looking forward to get a new racing game, maybe need for speed hs2!?

I watch much tv ;)
But the most time goes out for Lightwave :drool:
LW is like a drug...Oh I need more...Cya. :love:

Tottebias
10-20-2002, 03:35 PM
That's cool...'Cause I'm really impressed with the demo, I just love that CTF map. Didn't like it in the beginning, but it sorta grows on you. Oh well..I guess I'm going to have to run down to the stores tomorrow and get the game.

Would be really cool to meet up with some LW people online and kick some ass!

DigitalDeuce
10-20-2002, 03:51 PM
It's a personal thing -- I don't play games online.

I don't have much time to play games, and I don't really enjoy being totally humiliated by someone who plays 10hours a day.

So, I always try to have a way to play on our LAN, and that does me just fine.

Tottebias
10-20-2002, 04:08 PM
Hehe, you're probably right.

Per-Anders
10-20-2002, 08:05 PM
it's always amazed me that ever since quake 1 where we've had these ultra powerful and fast game engines... all the vr out there still looks crap! i think you're onto something duece, when i first saw quake i thought that'd be great for realtime walkthroughs too, and now things are so much better still.

DigitalDeuce
10-20-2002, 08:07 PM
Yeah, just think of doing a radiosity bake into a game type UV map - load it into the engine --

All you would need is some "small frontend" to the game engine -- I mean, you wouldn't want to have to install UT2003 on a clients machine to show a walkthru -

:lightbulb

PNelson
11-17-2002, 03:38 AM
HOORAY!! Unreal Championship for XBox live came out this week!

Tons of LightWave in there.

There is also something hidden that is very cool... Soon I'll let everyone know what to start looking for and maybe you can win a cool prize!

later,
Philip Nelson
NewTek

Kaiser_Sose
11-17-2002, 07:23 AM
Mohaa Spearhead

dies-irae
11-17-2002, 11:54 AM
i've been quite awestruck by ut2003 (which by the way i find almost more fun in singleplayer than in multi!)

deuce, it'd be great to post some object/scene test on the forum to try out in ut! (yes i do like shiny little spheres on tiled floors too, as long as you dont stain them with blood and gore ;) )

as for Medieval, i liked the game, but it was a bit too complex so i cowed and came back to more simple games... :shrug:

dark_lotus
11-17-2002, 12:11 PM
Not everything in the world revolves around Lightwave.

What!? I never got this error message in Lightwave.

LNT
11-17-2002, 12:43 PM
no,you get that in maya when you try to import a .lwo http://www.aoikenso.net/ap/cg/biggrin.gif

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 08:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.