PDA

View Full Version : question about XSI's Extended Component ?

robin
10-20-2002, 10:34 AM
hi there

im pretty new to xsi oohh god i love this guy, Runs so smooooth and i after reading the manual 32 times i got some trouble handling their " Extended Component Selection options " i cant find the place to put this option " OFF "

what im looking for is a way to get this selection Mode " off " so i can pick up polys\edge\vertices a la Max without having more polys added at every stroke. This thing got me quite busy and looked every inche in the manual, i had a heart attack last night when i figured that the option was Select > SOFTIMAGE|3D Selection Model ... but .. but what the hell i cant find any of it under the select tab

and one more thing .. what is Raycast picking, trees and branches on a object ??? i cant access those menus as mentioned in the manual by clicking my right mouse botton on any of those

thank you brothers

vmpre
10-20-2002, 06:24 PM
Under the MCP on the right there should be a heading called "Selection".

Click Selection to open the menu...at the bottom of the menu you should find what you are looking for.

Vmpre

RandomThoughts
10-20-2002, 08:25 PM
Raycast picking Node / Branch / Tree is a way of selecting well... node, branch and tree (I assume you know what those are :D ) in viewport instead of in schematic. The benifit of using this is, in a complex scene or even in a simple scene, if you want to select a group of parented objects, you can just do it in your modeling viewport without switching to schematic view and search for them. You can access this feature by either (while you're in object select mode, not in tag point / edge / polygon mode) press F10 or go to Select -> Tool -> Raycast. A very useful tool indeed.

Hope that helps :D

robin
10-21-2002, 05:11 AM
Under the MCP on the right there should be a heading called "Selection".

hey !!! this worked like a charm ... thanks a million gentlemen your Help is well appreciated ...

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 08:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.