PDA

View Full Version : Wasn't VUE 5 discounted today?

heynewt
06-21-2005, 08:14 PM
I'm interested in buying VUE 5. I heard there was a discount on it beginning today, but it was only available if you got 3D world magazine. That's kind of lame. I have no access to that magazine. It's British, and sure isn't carried at B&N here. I called VUE, but there were no humans there to take my call (kind of surprising considering I had credit card in hand).

To E-on: Why do you have a sale that only a fraction of potential buyers can take advantage of?

Robert N.

Niandji
06-21-2005, 09:30 PM
It's probably not a sale in the true sense of the word, more like an exclusive price to users of the Vue 5 Infinite demo being premiered in that mag - even before being available on E-on's site. Knowing E-on, it's bound to be a time limited offer as well.

Don't feel too hard done by - Uk purchasers will probably still pay more for it than a US buyer, even with the discount!

biliousfrog
06-21-2005, 09:34 PM
I think that you'll find that most companies offer discounts along with cover mounted versions of their software. 3D World magazine is distributing the first available demo of Vue 5 Infinite world-wide along with a tutorial to get you started.....The magazine sells extra copies to people interested in the software on the CD & the people like me that subscribe are introduced to software & hardware that we would otherwise not know about...everyone's a winner.

I'm not sure where you are but I'm sure that you could get the magazine. There's a lot of people in the States that read it as well as folks in Australia, India, China....everywhere!

heynewt
06-21-2005, 09:50 PM
I think that you'll find that most companies offer discounts along with cover mounted versions of their software. 3D World magazine is distributing the first available demo of Vue 5 Infinite world-wide along with a tutorial to get you started.....The magazine sells extra copies to people interested in the software on the CD & the people like me that subscribe are introduced to software & hardware that we would otherwise not know about...everyone's a winner.

I'm not sure where you are but I'm sure that you could get the magazine. There's a lot of people in the States that read it as well as folks in Australia, India, China....everywhere!

Well, thanks for the reply. I'm not sure I quite see how "everyone's a winner" on this one. If you can't get 3D World in your area and the special price runs out before you can order and receive a copy, then you're just out of luck.

at_626
06-22-2005, 05:04 AM
normally only need the coupon code for the special discount( I think...), not necessary need the mag, so whoever have copy of the mag (I think is July issue), please post that coupon code here, so we all can share a slice of the cake!!:)

Jonj1611
06-22-2005, 10:13 AM
Anyone know how much the discount is for?

Thanks
Jon

biliousfrog
06-22-2005, 01:48 PM
Offer Price: 341/ $499/ 499euro

Order code: infinite3dwspecial

Closing date 21 September 2005

Prices exclude shipping & VAT

That's a saving of 70 / $100 / 100euro's.........woohoo!:rolleyes:

Jonj1611
06-22-2005, 02:11 PM
Man, that has always annoyed me about E-on, the way they show their prices without VAT. And let's face it, it's hardly in big text that VAT is not included.

So when you get to the checkout, your heart sinks as all that VAT and delivery cost gets added on. And where the hell do they ship from to get prices like that for shipping?

I would expect it to turn up chauffer driven for that price! :)

Jon

heynewt
06-23-2005, 12:58 AM
If I'm ordering from the US, do I have to pay VAT? What the heck is VAT anyway?

Robert N.

digefxgrp
06-23-2005, 03:36 AM
You won't have to pay VAT if you live in the U.S.

heynewt
06-23-2005, 03:42 AM
Thanks for that.

Personne
06-23-2005, 09:39 PM
If I'm ordering from the US, do I have to pay VAT? What the heck is VAT anyway?

Robert N.

Yes what is VAT I'm canadian and we don't have this.

Jonj1611
06-23-2005, 09:41 PM
It's tax.

It stands for Value Added Tax

It is 17.5% here in the UK.

Not nice when you get to the checkout.

Jon

Sequent
06-23-2005, 10:41 PM
3DWorld is also available at Border's and at Micro Center (as well as B&N) to name some places in the U.S. Seeing as how it's a U.K. pub it seems that in the U.S. we are usually a month behind. Currently the one with Star Wars on the cover seems to be the one on the newstands here.

So, cool that it's open until September.

Thanks for the code info biliousfrog!

:applause:

MANorth
06-24-2005, 05:53 PM
Unfortunately, my local Borders just got issue 66. Distribution here (in LA) seems to be about a month behind the UK. What exactly are you supposed to do with the order code? I don't see any place on the e-on website to put it in, or any mention of the discount.

Niandji
06-24-2005, 06:09 PM
You get the option to enter a voucher code just before you check out - the option is in your basket - during the purchasing process.

MANorth
06-24-2005, 07:40 PM
Thanks for the help. Even with it, I had to go through the website routine about 4 times before I got the discount applied. This would suggest I'm too inept to actually use the software when it comes.

JoeBananas
06-25-2005, 09:34 AM
I bought Vue 5 Infinite about 2 weeks ago for the full price - had no idea it was going to be discounted :sad: , cost me 520 (including vat, and delivery), thats $950!

Still, I think its worth it, theres just nothing else on the market that does this sort of thing. The current scene I'm working on contains nearly 9 billion polys! and renders in about 20 mins at 1000x750 which is pretty amazing. :eek:

Jonj1611
06-25-2005, 09:49 AM
Hi,

I use Vue 4 and I am definately upgrading to Vue Infinite when I can afford it.

But what does anyone think of Worldbuilder, I have been looking at it but can't work out whether it has a built in renderer. Anyone know?

Thanks
Jon

CGTalk Moderation
06-25-2005, 09:49 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.