PDA

View Full Version : Alpha Channels

TumikSmacker
10-20-2002, 04:45 AM
I've been doing alot of 3d work and I render out my shadows and other things seperatly, however I dont know much about AE and I haven't a clew how to use alpha channels. Can anyone help me with a tutorial or something? pleasepleaseplease!!!! :D

Zeppeliner
10-20-2002, 12:04 PM
When you render, make sure you render to a format that supports alpha channels, for instance numbered TIF or TGA.

To import it into AE, simply point to the first file (myrender0001.tif) and check the sequence box at the bottom of the dialog. You may get a popup asking a bit further about the alpha channel, if you have rendered with 3dsmax with the environment bgcolour black then the matte is the black, select that and now you can just use the sequence, the background will be removed. For better results I guess you should use an option such as the one in 3dsmax called "don't antialias against background"

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.