PDA

View Full Version : How about these free renderman renderers ?

luozhiyuan
06-21-2005, 07:10 AM
I'm a newbie to learn renderman, I want to pick a renderer to learn it ,so this question comes out:
3delight,pixie,bmrt,aqsis,air......
which one is best generally

I spend alot of time build liquidmaya for maya 6.5 under linux,but always comes out segmentation fault (build for 3delight),when loading liquid , is there any one here have or can solve this problem?

fxjeane
09-16-2005, 05:14 PM
Ive used 3delight quite a bit and found it to be pretty good. Aqsis is also a good renderer, a little bit slower though. I used pixie long time ago and the quality of the images wasnt that good, but i think this renderer has matured quite a bit over the last year and a half.

Good luck
Rudy

fred_lemaster
09-16-2005, 08:20 PM
I've had good results with aqsis, it's notably slower than prman, and in some cases can give more artifacts though. As for working with liquid, I know in the past the aqsis project released a patchset for liquid to work with aqsis, but I don't know if that is still necessary.

ninedegrees
09-22-2005, 11:34 AM
I hope this question isn't misplaced on this thread. I've also been doing some experimentation with 3Delight, using Liquid as a translator from Maya.

Unfortunately, no-one seems to have compiled Liquid beyond a version for Maya 6/ 3Delight. Does anyone know where I could find a version of Liquid compiled against Maya 6.5 (or 7) and 3Delight?

ps. Rudy I've been using your Renderman Academy site to learn as much as I can about Renderman. The site is a fantastic source of knowledge. Thank you.

fxjeane
09-27-2005, 01:02 AM
I hope this question isn't misplaced on this thread. I've also been doing some experimentation with 3Delight, using Liquid as a translator from Maya.

Unfortunately, no-one seems to have compiled Liquid beyond a version for Maya 6/ 3Delight. Does anyone know where I could find a version of Liquid compiled against Maya 6.5 (or 7) and 3Delight?

ps. Rudy I've been using your Renderman Academy site to learn as much as I can about Renderman. The site is a fantastic source of knowledge. Thank you.

Youre welcome....... im really sorry I havent been able to upload anything lately... work and relocation takes a lot of time :)

cheers

CGTalk Moderation
09-27-2005, 01:02 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.