PDA

View Full Version : Intersect surfaces test with API

quiescentTrance
06-20-2005, 01:39 PM
Hello, just started working with the Maya API recently after trying to work with something in MEL and finding it too slow. I'm trying to replicate the functionality of the MEL command "intersect" which tells if two NURBS Surfaces are intersecting, and then creates the curve on surface for the intersection.

I don't actually need to create the curve, all I need to do is check if they're intersecting. The part I can't figure out is - the intersect command creates an intersectSurface node and then feeds the two surfaces you want to test as input to it. It connects the worldSpace attribute to the inputSurface attribute of the intersectSurface node.

Now before it connects it, the worldSpace attribute is an empty array. After it connects it, it has a single value which it uses to connect. How do I replicate this in API?

Or, is there an easier way to perform the test that I'm missing?

Thanks for the help!

&y

zylphyr
06-24-2005, 10:50 AM
check out KoshigayaStudiosScripts (http://www.koshigaya.de/) there is a nice intersect mel script there.

CGTalk Moderation
06-24-2005, 10:50 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.