PDA

View Full Version : BVH Files ,Poser and Cinema 4d

metusnon
06-20-2005, 11:23 AM
I am trying to use a bvh file exported from POser 6 in C4D9 XL. For some reason I cannot get it to import into c4d. I keep getting an error stating wrong format or some such. Has anyone had any experience in this area. I have read a few other posts here regarding the matter and they all say, export....import.....simple....Not so simple for me. I am using I have tried opening th bvh, I have also tried ctrl shift o in c4d all to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I know it is probably something very dumb that I am just missing.
Any how thanks

veng3nce
02-28-2006, 06:40 PM
having the same problems i wish i could help but im suffereing from the same gayness ... i cant afford bodystudio atm as i have maya 6.5 poser vue c4d n stuff so im kinda broke

BCEmcke
03-22-2006, 10:04 PM
Have you tried merging the bvh file. Sometimes it doesn't work opening the bvh file but with me it works fine with merging the file.
Hope this helps.
Cheers
Björn

Kuroyume0161
03-22-2006, 10:15 PM
This is caused by a choice of option in Poser BVH export. Use "Scale Automatically" and it should import into Cinema 4D. The other choice causes problems ("Invalid File Operation" error).

Luckily, this won't be too much of an issue in the near future. interPoser Pro supports Poser animations with some necessary differences. That is, these are not standard Cinema 4D PSR tracks because that would be impossible - really. They are tracks on sliders that represent Poser PSR. When I say 'really', the only reason this is possible with BVH is that there is a key for every frame - really. Would you *really* ;) want that on all of your Poser animations?

CGTalk Moderation
03-22-2006, 10:15 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.