PDA

View Full Version : Question about editing with premiere.

booger
06-20-2005, 04:38 AM
I'm using premiere pro 1.5 and I'm wondering if there is a way to connect seperate clips and turn them into one. Im not referring to grouping clips because they remain seperate pieces ,instead I want to unify them. Can this be done or do I have to export the clips to achieve this? Thanks!

cementarygate
06-20-2005, 09:01 PM
i think you do have to export , but maybe one way would be to group them in one sequence, and then create another sequence and add the sequence where you grouped them, maybe that'll work

nineinchneil
06-20-2005, 09:04 PM
i'm not sure whether premiere pro has the ability to use nested projects like after effects, but try cementarygate's suggestion. put the clips together how you desire, save the ppj file, and then open up a new ppj file and bring in the older ppj file into the timeline. it works in after effects. :)

Colincsl
06-21-2005, 02:16 AM
You could always create a new composition-> put the clips you want to combine into it however you want it->bring that composition into the original comp

booger
06-21-2005, 05:16 AM
Hmmmm... too bad there isn't a simpler way of doing it like "glueing" the clips together. Whatever, thanks for your helphttp://cgtalk.com/images/smilies/thumbsup.gif.

CGTalk Moderation
06-21-2005, 05:16 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.