PDA

View Full Version : Cavern City outskirts

Matellis
06-20-2005, 04:57 AM
Hey everyone this is my first post ever on any forum and I would like to get an opinion on this painting that I am working , be brutal, be harsh or just be honest hah but just some feedback would be great.
So the over all idea of this painting is that no matter how far we get in our evolution with technology there will still be people upset and choose to live the basic life and hopefully this pic will show that when I am finished . Still tons of work let like background and foreground detail, I may add some 3d elements and color it aswell.

SurfGod69a
06-20-2005, 06:03 AM
Hey looks pretty good. Clouds feel a little stiff, but im feeling the monochromaticness. :bounce:

zombiehellmonkey
06-20-2005, 09:19 PM
Looks good!

jjhei
06-20-2005, 09:50 PM
Hi Matellis, I must say, I like the concept a lot. But I would personally define the futuristic buildings in the distance just a little bit. Yes, there is atmopsheric perspective but when I look at the picture I feel the need of wanting to know a little more about how the buildings look. Aside from that, good job.

Matellis
06-22-2005, 08:49 AM
Hey guys , thanks for the positive feed back.
Yeah I do think the clouds are really flat myself . I havent put much time into them yet , pretty much the same for a while now just for placement. Also I am going to put more detail into the city , I am questioning right now if I will make the city in 3d studio and put that into the scene or just paint detail. I did have to ships flying across the sky but I decided to take them out but I will keep playing around with ideas. And any ideas are welcome! thanks again for taking the time to reply :)

Matellis
06-23-2005, 03:51 PM
if anyone has any suggestions on this peice feel free to speak up :)

Matellis
06-24-2005, 09:52 PM
here is the version with the ship , any crits would be welcome and also so everyone knows this was earlier in production.
http://www.mattellis.creativelines.ca/picture/digitalart/mattepainting5.jpg

Matellis
06-27-2005, 04:00 AM
so people do you think I should use some 3d in this work???? and need some suggestions :)

snake08
07-29-2005, 04:28 AM
NNNNNNice..... good work so for, I can't wait to see the finished version..... and stick to 2D for this one. :thumbsup:

Matellis
07-29-2005, 04:39 AM
any suggestions would e great people!! :)

snake08
07-29-2005, 05:00 AM
NNNNNNice..... good work so for, I can't wait to see the finished version. :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
07-29-2005, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.