PDA

View Full Version : Binding skin, Help!!

majestix
10-19-2002, 05:49 PM
ive just rigged my first char, a female warrior with lots of accessories... What do u guys recommend i use to bind her bones, rigid or smooth? i really could use a few pointers here because it seems to be alot of work to get all the deformations right in an animation... If you know any good sites with weightmap tutorials or something that would help alot...

fortner
10-19-2002, 06:05 PM
i think it all depends on what the characters purpose is. Is it low poly game type char, or higher res char. I usually do a smooth bind if my char is higher than, say 5,000 polys. Not sure about other software packages, but in Maya, you have flexors for rigid bind, that are really nice. In soft bind, you can have influence objects. Basically....if you are going with a basic rig.... i say rigid.
If you want to go all out, and spend some good time weighting, then smooth that bad girl.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.