PDA

View Full Version : Original Game: Fantastic Voyage

fortressgame
06-20-2005, 12:01 AM
I'm developing an original game, and looking to build a (very) small team to work on it. The game will be released by the end of the year.

I am a developer in need of a concept artist, modeller, texture artist, and artist for the website, in addition to a sound engineer. The art aspects can all be one person as far as I'm concerned. This game should not require 20 different artists - I want to build a very small team.

The benefit to such a small team is that credits such as Lead Designer will be yours, because that's what you would be. The style will be yours.

The game is closer to a classic style shooter than a more common FPS. There is a demo you can try along with a preliminary design document at

http://www.runinteractive.com/voyage/_distro.zip (PC only sorry)

The design document and the demo should give you a good sense of what I'm going for. If this kind of project interests you, please contact me at voyage at runinteractive.com

The game is a top down 3rd person shooter that takes place inside the body of a human or other living organism. Your ship is shrunk to fit inside the veins and organs of the creature. You use your array of tools to battle virusses, repair blood vessels, remove clots, etc. Although there will be high-tech components (nanobots in the bloodstream, etc), I'm looking for a very organic feel as you can imagine.

I won't promise the moon. However, my goal is to use my publisher friends to build a product that they'll be interested in, and attempt to get it published. In any case the demo (and perhaps the entire product) will be distributed everywhere free. And as I mentioned the project will be finished and released. It won't just be a half-done project you get some clips for your demo real, but a game real people will be playing, and admiring your work.

If there's not enough information available or you have any comments, do not hesitate to ask. If you are interested in working on this project please direct me to samples of your work and send me some feedback as to the ideas presented in the demo and design doc.

Ryan Scott
Run Interactive
http://www.runinteractive.com/

Shore
06-21-2005, 10:04 PM
Hi,

I checked out the demo level.....although simple, i get what your trying to do, could be an addictive little game. What kinda poly count/texture budgets did you have in mind?

CGTalk Moderation
06-21-2005, 10:04 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.