PDA

View Full Version : need help: fish bowls & video composite

Konstruct
06-19-2005, 01:21 AM
hey

I have ALOT to ask and ive been doing a fair amount of tutorialing- but ive come to a halt in production because I simply have NO idea what to search for when it comes to video composite stuff.

what I need to do:
theres a video of a guy holding a fish bowl with water in it- I need to put a fish in that bowl.

what I have so far:
got the fish animated and in a glass bowl, free of env. reflections and spec. just the refracted fish and the fish reflections.

what im having trouble with:
1. I dont know how to get the bowl out of the alpha channel but still keep the reflection and refraction

2. my material on the bowl cuts off the fish when it moves out of a small "refraction area?" in the center. (its circular)

3. I cant get the videos size to be the same size in the viewport background as it is in the render view, making camera matching impossible.

- I know the last two are a little vauge but I`m hoping maybe someone has gone down this path before and will know what exactly to do to fix it.
anyways thanx for your time-

CGTalk Moderation
06-19-2005, 01:21 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.