PDA

View Full Version : materials wont load

webshot
06-18-2005, 05:35 PM
I hope I did not mess up my friends Vue. But when I got to apply a material vue tells me it is unreadable. I went to the materials folder and they are all there. ANy idea on how I can fix this? Cannt re-install at the moment friend is out of town and I dont know where his install cds are.

Dale B
06-19-2005, 12:00 AM
What versions are we talking about? Materials made in Vue 3 or earlier simply won't work with Vue 5 or above; they changed the coding in the mat system with Vue 4. Vue 4 and Vue4 Pro and load most of them, but there will be some that simply won't load no matter what. The same with sky files.

Wabe
06-20-2005, 02:22 PM
Could it be that the textures used in the mat-file are somewhere else? Not in the same folder as the mat-file? I have that problem on my Mac, or better said, i had it. Infinite later updates solved that problem for me.

Check that out, the error message sometimes is a little misleading - unreadable sometimes simply means "I can't find the texture map that is used".

If that is not the case you can try to delete the prv-files in the collection folders. They are rebuilt automatically by Vue when they are not there. If you do not believe me, make a backup copy first - before you delete them!

CGTalk Moderation
06-20-2005, 02:22 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.