PDA

View Full Version : Semi Futuristic Car Design, Spirit2029 (3D)

Spirit2029
10-19-2002, 06:14 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/1994/Spirit2029_newsport_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/1994/Spirit2029_newsport.jpg)

Hey everyone. I finished up the car I;ve been working on, still texturing up the inside but not an issue for these outside shots. Let me know what you all think. I know the background is simple, but I want the focus to be on the car. If I could get XSI's depth fading to work right I'd blur the background out a bit. Oh well let me know what you think of the car. The 3d comic Im working on is still in the works for those of you keeping track, and ill be updating soon. Proubly within the next month ill have a major update for you all. Anyways critique away and keep creating......

http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/spirit2029/34front.1.jpg

http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/spirit2029/34back.jpg

http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/spirit2029/34above.jpg

Spirit 2029:buttrock:

piajartist
10-19-2002, 06:43 AM
I like the model, it seems too exaggerated in features but you never know what the future will hold.

chepe297
10-19-2002, 07:49 AM
Nice... I like everything apart from the end fin.
I think it should be more streamlined like the car body...

By the way Spirit2029, how long did you spend on the model?
How long on the design of the model?

Man... I want one! :bounce:

dmcgrath
10-19-2002, 08:50 AM
I thing you could use a better variation of color on the concrete, but ... Oh heck, who cares about the concrete anyway. The car is really nice. :thumbsup:

I would really like to know the structure of the car, can we see a wireframe or two?

ycf98
10-19-2002, 09:32 AM
I LOVE IT ! excellent work man . *cant shake that irrisistable feelin of wanting to drive that beast*

tho i'm not sure if it'll handle bumps well . but who cares this thing RULEZZZ !!! NUFF SAID

CHRiTTeR
10-19-2002, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by dmcgrath
I thing you could use a better variation of color on the concrete, but ... Oh heck, who cares about the concrete anyway.

Well I think that wasn't a bad suggestion at all. Would be nice to see it on an orage underground (u know, that color some gravel-tennescourts have).

Maybe add a bit depth of field to... :p :rolleyes:

Looks like it could be the next lotus elise (maybe should send the model to lotus...) :drool: :cool:

Meshbuilder
10-19-2002, 11:48 AM
Great design, I like it alot..

But I agree with chepe297 about the fin.
"Nice... I like everything apart from the end fin.
I think it should be more streamlined like the car body..."

Anyway, good work
:thumbsup:

Spirit2029
10-19-2002, 12:12 PM
Well thanx everyone for the comments so far. I will grab a few wire frame renders here for you all tonight. Im looking at the fin and maybey ill re-work it. Any other suggestions would be greatly apprecciated.

Spirit2029:buttrock:

PureFire
10-19-2002, 03:01 PM
looks like a great car...very nice original design!!

its just personal choice but I would like the top of the wheel arches to be rounded and cover the top of the tyre so you cant see it and maybe the front arch could be made smaller.

Looks great as it is...just my taste.:bounce:

stephen2002
10-19-2002, 03:25 PM
looks very nice, your typical sportscar style.

Put that thing in some good environments...maby put it into motion, and you have yourself a really good looking project!

Spirit2029
10-19-2002, 06:47 PM
http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/spirit2029/newspolcopy.jpg
http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/spirit2029/rearspolcopy.7409701.jpg
http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/spirit2029/racecopy.jpg
http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/spirit2029/race2copy.jpg
http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/spirit2029/hidf.jpg
http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/spirit2029/hidr.jpg

So I guess I should have put this in the WIP forum seem as I decided to do a bunch more work on it. I decided to make two versions of the car, one race version and one street legal. The silver one is meant to be the race version, im thinking of doing it up with decals and a paint job later on. Anyways critique away on the update. I also attached the wire, and the car took a little over a week to build and texture. Im not sure what Im going to do with it in the future here, prolly just some nice stills. but ill see....

Spirit2029
10-19-2002, 09:29 PM
guess the updates that good huh? no replies....

Spirit2029:curious: :sad:

Meshbuilder
10-20-2002, 12:39 AM
The new "rounded" fin rocks :buttrock:

pop
10-20-2002, 12:52 AM
Very cool design:thumbsup:

The only thing that I notice is that the front wheel wells look bigger than the back ones, Making the front wheels look under sized This may be due to the front wheels being turned at an angled.

I don't like ultra low profile tires on aggresive looking cars but that is more of a personal preference.
I would like to see a different wheel rim design and and a chunkier tire size on the car just to see what it looks like.

Anyway I think it's very cool, way better than that car from the SpyHunter Game!!

Pop

pop
10-20-2002, 12:55 AM
Yeah!!

The rounded fin totally finishes of the car!!

How much detail are you putting into the interior?

Pop

mushroomgod
10-20-2002, 01:15 AM
i like it, looks fun to drive :)

Savage_Henry
10-20-2002, 01:35 AM
I love it!

Looks like a nice "educated guess" on what the future will hold. I hope your right too...the car looks fantastic. Good call on the rounded fin as well.

Dirk_P_Ho
10-20-2002, 02:20 AM
Damn cool!

I really like the 2 version idea with the GT/street comparisson. Makes me less weary of starting a Poly car rather than using nurbs. Interior shots would be appreciated.

Excellent Job! :thumbsup:

Spirit2029
10-20-2002, 03:35 AM
Wow thanx for all the coments, ill get some interior shots up tonight for you all. The interior is fully modeled, textures are still in the works though. But I think im going to take a break from the car as its all Ive been working on for the last week and a half. Prolly just do up a couple more nice renders.

Spirit2029

Novadesigns
10-20-2002, 04:31 AM
Very cool, I like it too! And definitely go with that rounded fin! :)

Dr-spline
10-20-2002, 06:52 AM
i just wanna know how much this costs reminds me of a lambergini(sp?) eclipse hybrid

Dirk_P_Ho
10-20-2002, 07:56 AM
Hey Spirit, just curious, did you model this off a drawing you did or is it purely freestyle?

lFacEl
10-20-2002, 08:11 AM
:buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

this design good...

oh!!! polygon modeling is good

wow...

gfx
10-20-2002, 08:51 AM
I think you should bring out the wheel wells a bit more so that the tires aren't sticking out the sides of the car. Love the model!

facial
10-20-2002, 10:13 AM
Hey man, Your car is so nice, I love this design, It is looks fun to drive. Post more.. :beer:

ghZaaaRK
10-20-2002, 10:37 AM
yeeehhha! you roxx! i prefer the rounded car or then for the first one, change Spoiler or add a "Spin" or "wing" on spoiler's Center with that car'll look more agressive, i found too soft and not really aerodynamic for the first.

About tire, increase it a bit more.
Anyway Great Great Great Design!!!
i hope see this in a short. :)

SeeyA

PotatoHead
10-20-2002, 10:58 AM
wow!! this really rocks!! the interior looks nice and cosy with the leather seats in there, and its probably pretty bitchin fast, right?

so when's this car gonna be for sale?;)

Spirit2029
10-20-2002, 12:00 PM
Dirk_P_Ho yah the model was off a drawing I did, ill put it up too. Thanx everyone else for the comments, with such positive feedback ill have to do some more renders. :xtreme: :xtreme:

expect more soon, like in a few hrs....

Spirit2029

Spirit2029
10-20-2002, 01:49 PM
Okay as promised a new render, sliding out looks kewl..... I also added an interior shot and the orginal concept which when I roughed it out looked way too much like a van, so I made the angle alot more aggressive. Looking forward to some comments and maybey some suggestions as to how you would like to see the car posed. I think im just going to end up doing a bunch of stills for now, maybey ill animate it later, but im curently starting a new project. Doing a whole new demo reel. So stay tunned for that too I guess...

http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/spirit2029/slide.jpg
http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/spirit2029/intercopy.jpg
http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/spirit2029/futcar.jpg

Spirit2029

Spirit2029
10-20-2002, 01:56 PM
Oh yah for those of you interested...
The car is a rear engine, proubly a turboed V6. Most likely around 350 hp, 300 pounds torque, and of course all wheel drive. It would be quite fast and handle very well I imagine with such a wde stance and low profile, and I imagine it being able to keep up with most exotic cars quite easily. Price tag would be most likely around $100,000 canadian, dont know what the is in U.S.

Im actually going to enter it into the 2nd Peugeot design contest. If I win they are actually going to build the car as a concept for auto shows with the posability of actual production further down the line. So who knows maybey you'll see it on the road in a few years. I know I want one!!

Spirit2029

Edge
10-20-2002, 04:36 PM
Hey Spirit,

Great looking ride you've got there.
Like the design, wich looks original. :D
Maybe a bit too much holes for my liking, but still....

'The car is an all wheel drive ofcourse'.....
Euhm, I definetely don't agree with that comment.
Any great sportscar has rear wheel driving. That's almost a standard, because than you can go sideways through corners, with the back breaking out. Overstear, you see...
You get a much better feel with the car, than when the car will be all wheel drive. Just a thought. ;)

About the interior :
Like it, but I would definetely change the pedals... They're just boxes!, when you can give them a nice metal look or something.
The handles on the stearing wheel can also use some details.
I would two-tone the interior colors, you get a much better look and it looks more classy. The chairs look great by the way.

One final comment :
That pose you used for the render. That smoke is way off, even for an all wheel drive you can never get that sort of smoke on both the wheels. The back will always have more smoke, because the car moves sideways, swinging the car around. Then again, I would loose the all wheel drive thought.

Not to be a true critic, but these were just some opinions, and you did ask for them... :D

Keep it up and show us some poses.

Cheers.

Spirit2029
10-20-2002, 04:43 PM
hey thanx edge, if it was to be all wheel drive I think it would be setup with a 70/30 setup. Meaning 70%power to the rear, and 30%to the front, like they have in the rally cars. I will modify the smoke alittle bit too after you pointing that out. Like I said the interior is just to fill in, Im not sure if im going to detail and texture it outright yet. Thanx again for the comments

Spirit2029

derErschaffer
10-20-2002, 05:04 PM
great...when it comes out for buying...:thumbsup:

CHRiTTeR
10-20-2002, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Spirit2029
hey thanx edge, if it was to be all wheel drive I think it would be setup with a 70/30 setup. Meaning 70%power to the rear, and 30%to the front, like they have in the rally cars. I will modify the smoke alittle bit too after you pointing that out. Like I said the interior is just to fill in, Im not sure if im going to detail and texture it outright yet. Thanx again for the comments

Spirit2029

If you're going to enter that 2nd Peugeot design contest, I think it's best to do the interior as well...

But that's also a good excuse for me... Really want to see your skills creating a cool designed semi-futuristic interior. Also, I agree on the 2 color comment.

Salut est les boules *burbs*,
CHRiTTeR
(no I'm not drunk right now) :D :beer:

dillo
10-20-2002, 05:46 PM
:thumbsup: Nice job on the angle for the slide! It shows the body roll in a nice way. I'm looking forward to seeing the racing version keep up that great work! :buttrock:

pop
10-20-2002, 07:26 PM
Cool power slide Pic!!

For the interior how about semi-polished aluminum racing pedals, the ones with the ridged holes drilled in them?

Can I see full shot of the car with the doors open and/or with the hood/trunk open?

I like the colour of the car, Classy!

Anway, Good luck in the competition!

Pop

Eudaimic
10-20-2002, 07:57 PM
Just wanted to drop a note to say that I love the street version with the new fin.

Perhaps the car paint could do with a new shader though? Other than that I think it's pretty cool, would love to see it animated in a fake car ad.

CHRiTTeR
10-20-2002, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by Eudaimic
Perhaps the car paint could do with a new shader though? Other than that I think it's pretty cool, would love to see it animated in a fake car ad.

What? ... That shader looks great! Noooooo, don't change it.
Sorry, but just curious... What do you not like about it?

Spirit2029
10-20-2002, 11:00 PM
Okay guess im convinced now, going to have to put on another big pot of coffee and get this thing completely done. Im going to finish up the interior now, and do up the race version paint job, decals and all. Also that suggestion of a car add was good, and I think I may persue it. It would be a good showcase. So stay tunned I guess, ill keep the updates coming. Maybey I should get this thread moved to the WIP, hahhaha I thought it was done. Nothing is ever done when it comes to CG art. anyways thanks for all the coments, they have reinspired me to do some more with this car now....

Spirit2029

Neo85
10-20-2002, 11:04 PM
uhhh cool work!!!:buttrock: :thumbsup:

iNFERNiS
10-21-2002, 12:17 AM
what are the specs of the car? :D

I dig it, nice work!

Mangaka604
10-21-2002, 01:26 AM
As mentioned before, the pedals should be re-worked. Make the gas pedal narrow at the top , the bottom fatter and overall the gas pedal closer to the brake pedal for easier heel-toe. I'm looking at it from merely a design perspective. Secondly, ditch the gauge pod underneath the steering wheel...staring down towards your crotch will generally get you nowhere except off the race track. Just mount them on the A-pillar.

The shifter is set too far back on the center console. Your elbows will literally be behind the seat back. Move it farther up along the console...basically where the lip of the indentation is.

But, hey, it looks very cool. Good luck in the competition! :beer:

Mangaka604
10-21-2002, 01:40 AM
Oh yea, don't ditch the AWD...I have a '95 Eagle Talon Turbo and a 2003 Impreza WRX...AWD rules. RWD generally have more oversteer than a AWD car. Besides, AWD is more practical in the real world...you can drive quicker on a greater variety of conditions compared to RWD. That's why Audi's with Quattro was banned from rallies.

Your car reminds me of the Toyota RSC concept car. Awesome work!

mikey11
10-21-2002, 02:46 AM
Hi! Good job...its really nice and smooth...
I got a comment on your design, and while I'm at it, a comment on the lighting:

I really dont like the rear spoiler, it looks like an add on from a third party company, and I don't think the rear bumper fits the design. Maybe a rear bumper molded right into the shell smoothly?

I think the lighting needs a bit of work, a lot more contrast so your reflection really packs a punch....have you considered HDRI?

take it easy
Mike

3Ants
10-21-2002, 06:58 AM
It's.......It's........

GREAT!!!!!!!!!!

Kyser_Sosai
10-21-2002, 07:16 AM
umm!

Kyser_Sosai
10-21-2002, 07:25 AM
I love the design...

It would be amazing if you had a wide panoram shot, With like 6 cars all wicked colors, rendered in global illum, and lined them up on a slight arc.

Can we see a closer shot of the interior it look like some nice detailing.

Sweet

.morfo.
10-21-2002, 08:04 AM
wow great job, i want that car :D

Galo
10-21-2002, 08:25 AM
Man this car is awsome, i LOVE IT!!! i want it, it should be realised by peugot and it will sell to.... great job man!

AshodT
10-21-2002, 10:39 AM
i always loved your work dude,now,more respect! 5stars!!

you da man!:buttrock: :beer:

Eudaimic
10-21-2002, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by CHRiTTeR
What? ... That shader looks great! Noooooo, don't change it.
Sorry, but just curious... What do you not like about it?

Well this obviously isn't fair, since this guy is a demi-god come down upon us, but take a look at his shaders anyway: http://www.cgchannel.com/news/showfeature.jsp?newsid=531

Now take a look at this car again. It looks great, but it doesn't look real.

Not that I could model a better car, lemme tell you :)

Spirit2029
10-21-2002, 12:57 PM
Hey thanx for all the replies again. I've noticed a few people mention the fact it isnt photoreal. Well truth is I wasn't trying to make it photoreal. I like my art work to have a little bit of a cg look to it and a little of my own style. This isnt a cop out of doing the hard work of making stuff look photoreal, I just like this look better. Anyways ill have some more updates up in a few days most likely, im actually waiting on a job possiblilty right now.

Spirit2029

derErschaffer
10-21-2002, 01:06 PM
fantastic car....:thumbsup:

Edge
10-21-2002, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Mangaka604
AWD rules. RWD generally have more oversteer than a AWD car.
Exactly ! That's what you want in a sportscar. You want to be able to go sideways through corners, wich is way more difficult with AWD. :D I still agree with my comment that it should be RWD instead of AWD. Fighting the car with oversteer is what it is all about...

Originally posted by Mangaka604
Besides, AWD is more practical in the real world...you can drive quicker on a greater variety of conditions compared to RWD.

Sure, but who needs a practical sportscar? :curious: Sportscars need to take you to the edge, to drive to the limit.
The Subaru 2003 Impreza WRX is a great car, but it is built for rally sports.
Those rally cars need to drive different conditions like gravel, stone, grass etc. AWD fits the needs of these drivers.
Why are all the great sportscars such as : Ferrari's, Lamborghini's and ofcourse Porsche's RWD? They are built for speed on ordinary roads. The feel of the car is much more important.
This weekend I drove a Maza MX-5 again with RWD (okay, not a typical sportscar like a Porsche, but it will leave some track marks...) and it is some much fun.

Just an opinion.

Cheers.

HapZungLam
10-21-2002, 04:03 PM
oh yea, that's more logical futuristic design, it is like a lotus race car future design.

Oh yea, XSI (ah, i should blame mental ray instead of XSI) depth fading and depth of field is bad. i suggest you to render out a separate pass as z-depth. and use that as an alpha channel to do the thing you want. like fade out or blur it manually.

EighthDecay
10-21-2002, 06:30 PM
Wow look what I was missing out on, Really great design, I like all the mixtures of edges and roundness, Also I like how the seams all tie the car together in an odd way, and that interiror is way impressive.

Good luck on the Peugeot contest, I also entered, but still trying to nail down an idea for it.

rondo
10-21-2002, 06:54 PM
First let me say that this car is really cool. I like the style and the look. It's a realistic view of a futuristic car.

now the critique .... The only thing that bugs me are the seams in the body panels, they look too far apart and rounded. It gives it a "scale-model" look. Like it's not full size.

Just an observation.

Now - like many people have said, I couldn't even get close to modelling something this good. VERY good job. Looking forward to seeing you finish this one!

Spirit2029
10-21-2002, 07:17 PM
still working away on an update, proubly tomorrow. Anyways wanted to thank everyone for their comments. Also I have noticed a few people say they could never model something to this detail. Well dont say never, this is my first car, and really its just alot of hard work. There isnt really anything challenging about it, just coming up with the idea for the design. The actual modeling part was easy. The main tip I can give anyone is rough out the model to begin with. Decide where you want the seems to be, then just start from the front and work to the back. Make sure all your points line up at your seems, and dont be afraid to use a fair amount of geometry. Anyways ill have more soon. Thanx again.

Spirit2029

Opeth
10-21-2002, 07:28 PM
great design dude!! very good modelling as well!! the materials & render need some work, but defenitly great design & modelling!!! :buttrock: :airguitar

jeroentje
10-21-2002, 08:41 PM
Spirit2029 this is a great design :thumbsup:
Looks really hot and where can I get one (with the small tailfin ;) )!?

Just one little thing: this is 3D so it should be easy to put the camera on the place of the driver's eyes. It will probably show that the bars between the front and the side windows are a bit thick and it's a little hard to look outside. Maybe make the side windows a bit bigger.

Anyhow... 5 stars from me :)
jeroentje

Pegasus
10-22-2002, 07:13 AM
JUST AMAIZING....

Toope
11-04-2002, 11:36 PM
Now who would dare to powerslide like that with such car, shame on you :p

http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/spirit2029/slide.jpg

JBruckner
11-04-2002, 11:53 PM
Lovely, only a few things that I think that I should point out. On the last render you presented upon us (the one with the powerslide) the car looks like it is floating a bit, maybe a repostioning of the light? Other than that the car is great. The interior needs a little texture. Other than that it is GREAT!:buttrock:

jocke.3dm
11-05-2002, 12:17 AM
Wooohooo! That car is just awesome!!!

I'm not that keen on the rounded shapes though, especially not the back of the car. I would like more of that aggressive look. The front wheel well is absolutely ka-schwing. But I guess it would just be too much work to make these changes, and unnecessary since the car looks fine the way it does.
But mainly I would reconsider the wind-shield (maybe too round at the top) and the back. It looks kind of cool as it is though.
The powerslide picture is really cool too, what I would like is for the wheels to steer the other way to pick up the slide (or whatever you call it). And I would like to see some kind of motion blur on the wheels to make them seem to spin.

But it really is a great model and I could do almost anything to be as good as you! :applause:
Good luck in the Peugeot contest!

yasserdin
11-05-2002, 01:16 AM
wow if that car exist i will work my ass off to buy that car. how many polys! looks smooth. :bounce:

Spirit2029
11-05-2002, 03:35 AM
wow still going, umm thanx for all the comments.. I have kinda back burnered this one for now, starting a new short film project pased on masume shirows works. I will be putting up some threads and updating on that project as it proceeds.. The car may be cleaned up and finished a little more for my actuall final demo reel which should be done in about 6 months. This short im working on is going on it so thats the time reason. Anyways thanx for the replys and I am entering this in the peugeot design contest, so who knows, maybey it will be built. I think ill change the back end a bit for that though. If I do ill update here, so stay tunned

Spirit:buttrock: :buttrock:

ToddD
11-05-2002, 05:02 AM
Wow I missed this when you first posted, I agree.... don't go for a photoreal render, I think the non PR goes with the car very well.:beer:

Toope
11-05-2002, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Spirit2029
Anyways thanx for the replys and I am entering this in the peugeot design contest, so who knows, maybey it will be built. I think ill change the back end a bit for that though. If I do ill update here, so stay tunned

IMO you might have a good change in the peugeot contest cause peugeot's concept cars are really weird already (not in the bad way) just look at this link (http://home01.wxs.nl/~west3308/eng_concept.htm) and scroll down.
maybe you should just make the front lights litle more like peugeotish, you know :cool:

lordofmaya
11-05-2002, 08:41 PM
hey spirit,

itz hard to find a flaw in a modeled futuristic car cuz there's no real model to compare it with. But this car looks AMAZING dude. if you ever get this prototype into production n if the top speed is 250+, give me a call or leave me a message on here and you might have a sale !
Good luck on your comic , dude !

cheers :beer:

firebreath
11-05-2002, 10:39 PM
omg dude....I am SPEECHLESS i don't think i have ever seen a car modeled this well before....I dunno how you did it, but i would like to congratulate you....If i worked for peuget i would make ur car cause the look of the car makes it fell like a monster....it looks like a beast just ready to hit the open road and let the mother go free...I would like to get in contact with you...so can you please e-mail me at ha_rulez@hotmail.com

thanks

Spirit2029
11-06-2002, 03:50 AM
Over 5000 views wow!!!, this is definetley my most viewed piece. I think im going to have to do another render for you all, I've got some spare time tonight, ill see what I can do.. Thanx again for all your coments...

Spirit2029

Spirit2029
11-06-2002, 03:51 AM
Oh yah anyone got a name for this damm thing, I cant even think straight about that anymore.. Been banging my head against the wall trying to come up with something original, but blahhh.... Anyways and name ideas would be great!!!

Spirit

Spirit2029
11-06-2002, 06:06 AM
Okay here we go, just a quicky. That sounds bad.... Anyways just did a quick pose and render for you all to celebrate breaking the 5000 mark. Any sugestions, comments, whatever, welcome. I am looking for a name for the car, so suggest away..

http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/spirit2029/newsport.jpg

Spirit2029

sanhueza
11-06-2002, 07:54 AM
:bounce: I WANT this car! :bounce:

Name suggestions:

Velocity
Agility
Vector
Elegance
Shadow
Prophecy
Hydra
Shinobi

You mentioned working on a 3d comic. Where can we find this?

- Me

www.sanhueza.com

Spirit2029
11-06-2002, 07:57 AM
I havent posted anything on the comic yet, or my new futuristic short I have currently in the works.. I will start a thread for both fairly soon, and start a website in the next few months. sanhueza I did like your Shadow suggestion, Im putting it on my list. More suggestions would be greatly appreciated from everyone for the name. Anyways ill prollly do a few more updates over the next week, so stay tunned......

Spirit2029:xtreme: :xtreme:

s333654
11-06-2002, 11:20 AM
Somehow i can't help it that this car looks a lot like the McLaren F1. It looks as if this car was modelled to be a McLaren F1, then after you finish it, you extruded some parts, increased some sizes here and there, added some additional mesh smooters and got this car.

This is by no means a negative thing :) It surely is a cool car, but i just can't help seeing resemblence with the McLaren... :) But i love the car! Keep up the good work.

tauism
11-06-2002, 12:42 PM
how about "Raptor"?

Galo
11-06-2002, 01:01 PM
@ : Spirit2029

do you have any portfolio ?

Shirlyj
11-06-2002, 01:36 PM
very nice work,one of the best around.:bounce: :)

dur23
11-06-2002, 02:49 PM
i didn't notice wether or not you mentioned which software you used....was it XSI? If so lets see and HDRI:)

I'd call it "phelix"...

Spirit2029
11-06-2002, 09:07 PM
It is done in XSI, but unfortunatley I dont have xsi 3.0 with the hdri built in yet. Soon though...so ill do one up when I get xsi 3.

Spirit2029

Galo
11-06-2002, 10:19 PM
just call her Spirit :D

and please gimme a link !

dark_lotus
11-07-2002, 03:57 AM
Thats so cool, but how does one open the door?

Very cool, I want one!!!

Spirit2029
11-07-2002, 10:11 PM
The door does open, ill do some renders of it with the door open. Prolly tonight, I think I will call it "The Spirit".... What do you think? Anyways more tonight....

Galo
11-07-2002, 10:15 PM
like duh.... :D

element412
11-08-2002, 04:47 AM
awesome modeling!! (it seems a lot out of lightwave..)
and also some awesome renderings... (great materials.)

i'd just love to animate so powerslides of this car... (must eb why im modeling my 350z right now...:buttrock: :buttrock: )

taking about that... some other comments the turbo v6 of 350 hp (with i guess a 6 speed transmission) is almost the same as a reel 350z (nissan). my comment would be that for your car this isnt really enough. :surprised maybe id put something like a 426hemi... thats a motor!! :buttrock: but maybe not ...:scream: get it to 400-450 hp ...and that would be a bomb!

hehehe. anyway great car.
elemetn

emilioG
11-08-2002, 03:53 PM
now that's a car I'd wanna drive!!!!
personal taste: I'd get rid of the spoiler completely for 2 reasons:

1)the car looks fantastic without it. The roundness in the back is very cool.
2) It looks too much like the spoilers people have been putting on their cars lately. The car looks too futuristic for the spoiler.

my 0.02!
:buttrock: :buttrock:

Bring it on!

Spirit2029
11-09-2002, 10:16 PM
Well I said I'd have it up last night, but ohwell. Here are some renders of the car with the doors open. They open on a bit of an angle, but it has a neat look to it. Anyways coments welcome, ill be starting a new thread very soon regarding my new demo/portfolio thats in the works. Thanx in advance

http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/spirit2029/doorsfr.jpg

http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/spirit2029/doorback.jpg

Spirit2029

Jean *Luc
11-09-2002, 10:39 PM
[edited by admin: that post was uncalled for, and it was your first]
and then?
ive got the right to express myself
no?

Spirit2029
11-10-2002, 04:06 AM
Jean*Luc whatcha mean? No comments from everyone else?...

Spirit2029

frozyn
11-10-2002, 06:51 AM
now wheres the sexy babe to go along with the sexy car? i mean cmon....its like the perfect match. add a sexy girl in the pic and it would be a masterpiece :p

coolber
11-10-2002, 11:25 PM
yeha !
the rule of life is hard
some people love cars
some people love speed
some people love girls

some people love pictures

your model is pretty well done
nice design.
But it would have been nice to see more attention to
the rendering and the lightning...
just one picture with a great composition
:]) like a finished work.

madhatfx
11-11-2002, 02:45 PM
my name for ur car is....

"yourDAMNcgcarISsoGOODitsGIVINmeSLEEPLESSnights"

good work man:D

EighthDecay
11-11-2002, 07:00 PM
looks awesome Spirit2029
The interior work is just to cool.
What kinda engine does it have?
looks pretty compact. like now room for one
I would do something with the rear diffuser it looks kinda funny to me, maybe add one or two slots down there, I think it would clean up lower rear, but it kinda reminds me of a Honda for some reason. Just a few ideas to think of, other than that it just Kicks.

katlis
11-11-2002, 07:51 PM
Buying tires in the future will be expensive (for what looks like 32" rims). :D

I'd say, give this car a nice twin turbo inline 6cyl.

DropZone.dk
11-12-2002, 12:51 AM
I'm very very impressed! I'f I was a car manufacturer I would hire you instantly :cool:

This Car can have only one name:

Spirit TLSG

Have you presentet your idea´s to manufactures yet? Try Lotus or TWA! I't looks like something they would like. If not Try out AlfaRomeo....

Good Luck

(If you can find the time try make it in this colour #660000 Deap Winered whit a deep coting Lacquer )

Spirit2029
11-12-2002, 03:24 AM
Hey everyone im starting a new thread in the works in progress thread, so some of the images will be disapearing on this thread to make more room for my new images on my account. Thanx for all your comments and critiques, and those who private msged me ill reply very soon, im extremely busy....

Spirit2029

Spirit2029
11-13-2002, 08:07 AM
10,000 views wow!!!. Now I will have to do another render. Proubly tonight, so stay tunned. Guess this thread is just ongoing....

Spiri2029

SirManfred
11-13-2002, 11:38 AM
Now THIS is a car :D
Really awsome! Alot of umpf in that one
The general shape reminds me of Porsche
Keep it up!

LaurenceG
11-20-2002, 09:13 AM
Quality car dude very nice indeed :thumbsup: , I like the race car wing the shot of the car in a slide is sweet how did you do the tyre smoke?

Laurence.

P.S. come over to XSI Base (http://www.xsibase.com) there is a design a car competition with your name written all over it. :)

ThirdEye
11-20-2002, 10:35 AM
Every respectable extreme sport car has metal pedals with holes ;)

LouisBrowne
11-20-2002, 01:09 PM
I think it's absolutely terrible
~shake of the head, ta ta ta
How can you keep producing such amazing models and not have a webpage.:shame: :bounce:

:applause: :p :wip:
I want ta see your biker chick again!!!

zappenduster
11-20-2002, 02:22 PM
the car does look really nice but how about some flying doors that open up like the diablos or the old mercedes 300 that would give a nice feature

i really like the tyre details the rubber looks like real and at all how about if u put the whole car in a real environment a street or so ?

something at last some of your links from the first threads are broken here maybe u can fix them

DaForce
11-22-2002, 07:43 AM
Two words.

Full Sick!!!!

CHRiTTeR
11-22-2002, 03:04 PM
Call it The "Kelly type01"

seanr
02-06-2003, 11:09 PM
Why are all the images broken?

DaForce
02-06-2003, 11:14 PM
because this thread finished in november last year, so most of the images have been deleted to save space.....well thats what i think anyway.

AcidBoyXL
02-06-2003, 11:26 PM
is ther any way to see them cuz I'm interested

cheers :beer:

DaForce
02-06-2003, 11:31 PM
dont think so.

Spirit2029
02-07-2003, 11:40 PM
hey guys im workin on a web site now, so ill have them up there soon

Radacci
02-10-2003, 01:38 PM
a little problem....there are no pics!!!

ThreedyModeler
02-21-2003, 06:48 PM
Someone said earlier that it looks like a McLaren F1, but I think it looks more like a highly stylized Lotus Exige.

http://home.cfl.rr.com/digitalskunkwork/exige.jpg

Not that I think this is any less of an original idea, it is definitely a clear vision of some styles that will most likely be seen in the near future. (especially for supercompact hybrid sports cars- which will probably need to be extrememly light and small to be able to go fast on super-efficient engines/electric motors.) And it is enough of a style departure from both the McLaren and the Exige, with great orginal elements (the doors, etc.)

Overall it's and awesome model. I love the modeling style, and I wish it luck in the concept car contest (if it hasn't ended already! ):thumbsup:

crossman
10-02-2004, 01:30 PM
what did you use to design your car what program ?
can you let me know ?
car is looking raw :buttrock:
thanks mate ! :)

pa5cal
11-13-2004, 11:19 AM
Cool! Aggressive and slick all at once. Would definitely fit better as a batmobile instead of that tank they're using in Batman Begins!http://www.cgtalk.com/images/icons/icon6.gif

TETRAGRAMMATON
07-21-2005, 12:19 AM
Spirit2029 you are a Star.This work is a masterpiece :applause::applause::applause::applause:
I immediatly put it as my desktop.

CgiSid
11-07-2005, 02:44 AM
Dude, I think its awsome...............Very original. Keep doing what you do, and hey you never know

CGTalk Moderation
11-07-2005, 02:44 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.