PDA

View Full Version : Maya Plugin Manipulator Problem

svenip
06-18-2005, 04:06 AM
Ok im right now on programming my first own maya plugs and this one is giving me headaches. it's the first deformer i take on, so i went through one of the examples on the Maya API book by david gould (swirlDeformer2) and applied one more attribute controlling the angle. so far so good. applying manipulators to the start/end distance worked out fine too with distanceManips. now i wanted to apply a circleSweepManip to the angle plug, which i created as kAngle. the manip shows up no problem but i can't click on it and use it. everytime i try using the point on the circle it seems like maya selects all manip points together and marks them yellow. my attribute itself works, and i used the connectToAnglePlug function to connect the attribute and manip, but nothing seems to work. looked also through the plugins examples on the devkit and the swissKnife uses the same methods i do but works :(.

anyone with an idea ? i could post the code of course if necessary.

thanks in advance

CGTalk Moderation
06-18-2005, 04:06 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.