PDA

View Full Version : AE (PC) Sequence files into Avid (Mac)

Saurus
10-19-2002, 01:56 AM
Hi,

I am working with a client that uses Avid editing system on a Mac. I created graphic using Maya and AE on a PC using animated sequence TGA files. I have it named:

Files_BG.####.tga

When they tried to import my sequence it came out as individual files, and not as a single animation file. I gave them the same files before with the same error and they had to rename it. They fixed the problem by renaming it, but they can't remember how they renamed it. Is there a special way to rename it or maybe they used the wrong import settings.

Also, if all else fails what, under PC, codec do I use to export to a Mac base Avid. Do I use a non compressed quicktime. I rather use sequence files because if I need to add or fix a portion, I don't need to render the whole thing.

Saurus

froggyplat
10-19-2002, 06:55 AM
not knowing anything about avid i can't tell you much about the first part, except maybe having the "." between BG and #### caused the problem?

but, what you could do is take your targa sequence into AE and render it out as a single quicktime mov using the animation compression. since that's a lossy compression you can adjust the quality at render time.

Saurus
11-01-2002, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by froggyplat
not knowing anything about avid i can't tell you much about the first part, except maybe having the "." between BG and #### caused the problem?

but, what you could do is take your targa sequence into AE and render it out as a single quicktime mov using the animation compression. since that's a lossy compression you can adjust the quality at render time.

No...Im trying to avoid single file render (quicktime) because if I have a render that takes 10 minutes to render and Im asked to add 10 frames at the end, then I have to render the whole thing if I used quicktime. Sequence file give me the option of rendering the just the ten files. Its a difference between rendering half a day for the whole sequence or an hour for the additional frames.

Saurus

Saurus
11-01-2002, 10:45 PM
thats 10 minutes a frame

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.