PDA

View Full Version : PSEUDO EGO -- Scifi and something more...

JulietUdon
06-17-2005, 01:43 AM
Heyas people :)
It's great to be in here around many talents from all round the world.
We are planning on an experimental audiovisual thing and I thought this may attract some more people joining the team. Brief summary about the project is below.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/stag5/d-xiii/pseudoego_display_title_050617.jpg
PSEUDO EGO
Created and © by J. eLi and Denise Mahardhika

------------------------------------------------------------------------
SYNOPSIS

Secular science hits the point of oversaturation.

Advanced cybernetics enables the creation of AI-equipped machines and
many other things to help human better their lives, but most people
come to be aware of non-material theories which deal further with their
being as a more complex, meaningful substance instead of laboratory
gimmick products.

A daylight heist on West Coast Heritage Bank puts the independent squad
Detachment XIII onto investigation for that it was allegedly carried out
utilizing the illegitimate phantom technology. The victim's confidential
records lead them to a business trade dispute that relates to separatist
faction run guerilla somewhere in South Asia. But as the squad moves on,
they have intervention coming from third party who seems unhappy for them
trying to sort out the cold case. D-XIII has to face backfire operation
executed by intangible adversaries, perfect proof to why The Consortium
has to cut off the ongoing research of such technology years ago.

Set in 2080 AD, Pseudo Ego is an attempt to tactical espionage thriller
with a blend of metaphysics science and noir cyberpunk atmosphere.

OBJECTIVE

We are going to have fun! :D

Okay seriously,

Short-term:
The picture is to be released online for public on a per chapter basis.

Long-term:
We will finish all the chapters, then we will go a little bit further.
JOIN US!

The project calls for:

3D ENVIRONMENT ARTIST
to design, model, and render surroundings (mostly interiors) as the
script requires. We plan to set the story in various locations, from
futuristic cityscape to exotic outdoor scene. Structure / building
design will, of course, vary from one site to another. If you like to
do architectural piece that involves different styles, this post is
for you.

3D PROPS ARTIST
to design, model, and render various instruments to be in the story.
Vehicles, guns, and a few other things. You get the idea.

Later on:

MUSIC COMPOSER & SOUND FX ENGINEER

ONLINE CONTENT ADMINISTRATOR

VOICE ACTORS

There is always possibility that the project will require something else
later, so I will put up updates as necessary.

CURRENT STATUS

2005 June
The production board has the plot majeure already outlined, currently
breaking it down to smaller parts / chapters. Script and storyboard are
also in progress along.

eyepeefreely
06-17-2005, 02:02 AM
I might have overlooked it but how long is the intended chapters/final product supposed to be?

eye.

Sid Barnhoorn
06-17-2005, 08:41 AM
Hi Juliet,

How are you? This is the kind of thing I really like! I'm pretty interested. I'm a composer although, if you'd choose me, my role would be much later in the process I'm still very much interested. For music demos you can check my site:

www.sidbarnhoorn.com (http://www.sidbarnhoorn.com)

I mostly compose orchestral scores. From very intimate, smaller score to big epic ones. I'm also into progrock/ethnical/electronical stuff.

I'm currently also busy with an album called: "Philosophies of an Android", which is all electronic ambient. One of the tracks is on another site of mine but here's the link:

http://student-kmt.hku.nl/~sid/downloads/cybernetics2.mp3

Whatkind of music are you after for this?

Cheers,

Kid-Mesh
06-17-2005, 12:35 PM
Dope concept! .... Nice way to make an entry bro lol. This sounds like some shit I'd come up with story wise :twisted:

Anyway, I wish you luck with this and I will defintely be watching. If your up for any suggestions then one would be to post some concepts of the assets that will appear in your film and maybe some storyboards or something. But whatever you do just keep pushing it....Im really attracted to your story idea :) this should be good.

JulietUdon
06-17-2005, 07:30 PM
eyepee,
you didn't miss it, I did. Thanks for pointing that out. You mean duration -- if I read you right?
Well, as the script is being worked on, we will eventually cope with it. I think it's good to maintain balance between amount of time appropriate for a storytelling with a realistic target for the team. If we have to name numbers, I'd say the final piece would be like 100 - 120 minutes of realtime playback but of course this is estimation. As for chapter, it'll be not that different than watching movies in DVDs, an average 6 - 8 minutes each maybe.

Hi Sid,
Hey thanks for your being interested, glad to see some musician around! I've check your reel, think it's cool and I'll take more time to it later... anyway we'll give this thread some little space before we really taking start, so you might want to keep hanging round here for a while eh :)

Hey there Kid Mesh,
Talk about originality... :D well I don't know, we'll see where we can get to with this one, just blurt it out for now.. thanks for the nice word, your support offer is very much appreciated, and stick around!

PizzasRgooD
06-17-2005, 08:19 PM
I wonder how you'll keep every chapter interesting on it's own, and all the chapters together? Action sequences in every 5 minutes doesn't really work right, but chapters without action don't work that well either :p
Maybe flashbacks and stuff... I just answered my own question didn't I.

JulietUdon
06-22-2005, 08:30 PM
Hey again guys,

I thought I'd put some shots from current storyboard even rough ones. This is from a scene prior to a gunfight. I'm thinking of mechanical props to be pre-rendered from 3d models -- like the vehicle to the leftside -- partly because I'm looking to save time from doing figures that require precision, you know, sharp edges and all. This will be brought into composition along with 2d assets. So 3d artists, you all are very welcome to contribute.

Another thing about this is I've been thinking about some CGI movies that somehow end up look too artificial, wondering if it's the overblown contrast of them. That results in me confused tweaking the color key, as you may see in this one. I'm hoping that further compositing would help improve the image. Oh let's worry about that later :rolleyes:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/stag5/d-xiii/test_cut-005_4x3.jpg

Kid-Mesh
06-23-2005, 03:37 AM
Nice work so far man, keep going with it. The more you put into it the more people will "eventually" come aboard. Keep working :wip:

darkknight
06-28-2005, 12:21 PM
I am intrigued by the story and the released frame shot, Juliet. Do you have a website promoting the project?

I am very much interested in doing some project work. Are you still currently looking for people to join your team?

Many thanks,

JulietUdon
06-29-2005, 04:12 AM
Hi darkknight,
Website, no.. no, we would love to have one but right now that'd be too many to take in altogether. And yeah, project's still calling for contribution. If the above synopsis describes enough for you to be interested than hey that's good! :D You can PM me for further details.

Hey Kid Mesh, thanks for the support.. :D we're going to need it, and yes we're still working on this. I am refining character designs and script and stobo for the first two scenes lately and I think we'll start taking off with the actual footage soon. I'm thinking to post a few up here in order to explain better what the feel is going to be like.

Until then, stay around for more updates.

TheFreak
06-29-2005, 05:19 PM
Well i love my Sci Fi and this seems like quite a project.

I will put my name down I suppose :) I can help out when ever you need me.

I dabble in modelling and Web Design. So if you have any Web Site ideas and you want someone to bring them to life then feel free to contact me.

Also if you have any concepts you want created I will give them a go. I have not done any car modelling at all but I am always willing to try anything if you are ok with it.

Let me know what you need.

Cheers

JulietUdon
07-01-2005, 03:25 AM
Website will serve as online presence of the project - after we gather enough materials to be made public I suppose. Some introductions to the story and the movies will be up there. Probably some BBS later (seen yours, funny thread). Things like that. And modeling too? Sweet. Alright mate, you're in :D

TheFreak
07-01-2005, 09:48 AM
You seen my BBS and you are still talking to me :P

It is a crazy little mixed up world in there, i need to flesh it out :)
Feel free to Join it, it needs more life about it at the moment!

Exorbitant
07-01-2005, 07:12 PM
Hello, I'm Udon's compadre in this project.

I really appreciate that there are already some people who are interested. I hope we all can work together and have fun.

Feel free to inquire. We need you. I'm also available on YM, which ID will be given upon inqury.

Thanks, gracias, arigatou !

cg219
07-02-2005, 09:07 PM
I like the concept and the storyboard shot. How far into the project are you so far? Are those positions still available or any new ones open up. If so, I would be very interested in this. I can make props and items of the sort. Check out my portfolio in my sig. Keep us posted.

TheFreak
07-04-2005, 10:26 AM
Hi guys,

Having some Internet issues at the moment, hopefully get them resolved this week.

And just so you know I also put my name down for ChrisBG's project (it seems right up my street). So i will be working on that too. I don't want to piss you about so I thought I would tell you.

I am still willing to help out here too, just let me know what is needed :)

By the way I am on GMT if you needed to know that

darkknight
07-04-2005, 04:26 PM
Hey Guys,

Great meeting yesterday - I am still sifting through what you gave me. Apologies for the lack of feedback on my front.

BTW Just read Scene 1 and 2 and found them very intriguing. Quite like the idea of having the location set in Kuala Lumpar. I plan to do some more research into Malaysia and understand some of its infrastructure along with watching some futuristic movies (fish out some sceney shots for ideas and what not).

I can see where some of the ideas are coming from, scene 2 has a ghost in the shell flavour to it (the bit where Marjori has that outer body experience). Do you think I could get some of the screen play or any more of the script? Just feel at the moment that I have bits and piece rather than a full overview of what to expect and how to adapt some of the ideas and concepts into my designs.

Look forward to hearing from you guys soon and to Friday's meeting @ 16.00

Ed Pulis

JulietUdon
07-04-2005, 07:14 PM
Bits and pieces ay..
Well as far as *script* goes, the first two scenes are what we have at best this far. The Southeast Asia set (#1), first came from Exorbitant's idea, I'm not sure it would affect that much because more than half of the scene would be interior. But it's great you're willing to take that into consideration. May start from there, then you'll come up with something.

I'll see you next con, should get some more explanation going for the universe feel - we have quite a custom one, this is what I think makes it hard.

thefreak,
I read a little here and there too sometimes, no worries with double agent. Expect for something to work on soon :P

I like the concept and the storyboard shot. How far into the project are you so far? Are those positions still available or any new ones open up. If so, I would be very interested in this. I can make props and items of the sort. Check out my portfolio in my sig. Keep us posted.

Hi cg219, welcome! I'll look at your portfolio in a bit. Props can sure use some more help.

Talked to dknight the other day and now I'm wondering if the term 3d artist quite said it right up there :) Basically most items need to be designed from scratch, meaning we do have a rough image for how things should look like but need to lay fixed blueprints out. Eventually they will be brought to 3d modeling - but I want to emphasize that it's the concept that matters. Maybe you want to to translate that into concept artist.

Will get back here in a while, guys. Let's keep going.

illuminus
07-04-2005, 11:47 PM
Juliet & Ex ... cool concept. Looks to me like you could go in a million different directions, and each would be as interesting as the next.

Are you still looking for contributors?

If you are, I'm interested in helping out, and would love to see/read more about what you have in mind.

Dave

JulietUdon
07-06-2005, 06:12 PM
Hey Dave, thank you, welcome.
This is basically a story-driven project in most way. Synopsis is up there back to page 1 of the thread. The production board is gathering contributors some of whom you can see posting here. Webmaster, music composer, 3d concept artist. Some other are still vacant. How do you wish to contribute, let me know, maybe some portfolio to discuss over if you're into technical? And yes, this project could be long-term :D Feel free to PM me for details.

I have to get the guys some reference for the work and stuff.
Be right back.

JulietUdon
07-08-2005, 09:22 PM
Hi all,

Just in for a quick check whether thefreak and cg219 did receive my attachment?
Let me know if there's any questions, guys :scream:

Have a nice weekend!

cg219
07-08-2005, 10:14 PM
Hi all,

Just in for a quick check whether thefreak and cg219 did receive my attachment?
Let me know if there's any questions, guys :scream:

Have a nice weekend!

Do you mean the "FOLLOWUP" Message. If so I got it but it didnt have an attachment. Email me the attachment at zomegpro@gmail.com .

JulietUdon
07-12-2005, 02:27 AM
Aight just so this thread doesn't have to go to page 2, and while I have the urge to sketch on something. This is the crosshair stuff I plan to use in the story. Some rough design, needs the body to be further detailed by other artist.

Visor is hooked up to a device mounted on the rifle to simulate real POV of the nozzle.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/stag5/d-xiii/concept/telecrosshair_type-1black_idle.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/stag5/d-xiii/concept/telecrosshair_type-1black_active.jpg

TheFreak
07-12-2005, 10:05 AM
Hey there,

I don't know if i received it or not. I could have deleted it by mistake. I have been getting some odd spam recently so i am deleting anything that sounds vauge from people i don't normally get mails from.

Can you send it again?

Sorry about that

Kid-Mesh
07-12-2005, 11:46 AM
JulietUdon - Looking Good :thumbsup:

cg219
07-17-2005, 08:21 PM
ok cool, just letting people know I got it, I'll start on Monday and will hopefully have something better to post on monday or tuesday.

darkknight
07-21-2005, 08:46 PM
Hey guys,

I thought I'd write and share my thoughts (with JulietUdon's permission) this week regarding the current state of play.

But first let me give you the spiel on how and why I am here.

I joined the guys approximately 2 weeks ago, after having read a snippet of the script and seeing some concept art. I have always wanted to work within a team again since I left university two years ago. Having failed to find a way into the games industry for the time being, I thought wouldn't it be great if I could work with the people on CGtalk, team up together to build and create some cool. Something that I could aspire to be involved in and potentially add support material for my portfolio. When I read Juliet's post, I thought, "wow, what an opportunity, these guys look professional (good ideas in the script and great concept art to visualise them) and are willing to take me on!"

We had our first meeting and I was given a load of material to work with, script, art, ideas, etc. I thought cool, I had so much input and even though I was kinda concern that the script was half-finished, I believed that things would come together and fit like a jigsaw.

I went about doing my own researching, taking pictures, writing notes, reporting back to the guys at week-end through Yahoo messenger. For the brief periods that we met up, it seemed like we were progressing. I felt more a member of the team with the passing of each day and I believed that I was striving to work for a common goal that would hopefully enrich us all. As clichť as that sounds, it was true.

What I have attached within this post was the result of intense university work from 3 guys, including myself over a period of four months back in 2002. It was tough to come up with and it did test our friendships to the limit (lucky I am still good friends with those guys today!) At first we felt relieved to have completed something which had been a great undertaking. And as time slowly went we became proud of ourselves. We had produced something special from absolutely nothing, no budget, little personal resources and a university camera!

The reason I speak of such things is to entice you guys. I not only rally on behalf of Juliet and Mirage but also on mine. From what I gather all have been allusive this past week and having spoken to Juliet, we felt that things had slowed to a snails pace. For whatever the reason, I can safely say that I have been lacks. Life just gets in the way. Whether its work, relationships, going for some beers, its tough to stay concentrated. Youíre probably thinking that I am going to condescend you all by saying that if itís possible when I was at university then we should be able to do it. Well, you're wrong. The conditions were very different. My friends and I had all the time in the world and we were in close proximity of each other.

I think what everyone must do is ask themselves one simple question;

Why did I join this team?

For the Juliet and Mirage, you must ask yourselves;

Why did we come up with this concept?

If itís to be on CGtalk and pretend like you part of some awesome production team with the prestige to boot but not actually contributing in anyway then I think this really is the wrong situation to be in. People love to be associated with something cool, though there are few who are willing to work hard to be accepted within such associations if they have to.

I will leave you all now to reflect on what I have written. This isn't meant to scare or apply pressure on you guys to work like crazy every day of the week, but for us to rally and work together like a unit. We donít have the luxury of being in close proximity and the abundance of time but we do have a great concept. We do have people that can channel the ideas. We do have the resources. Even if we can meet for a week at time and make sure that there is a sufficient flow of ideas and output, the project will come alive. I promise you. You just have to take a look at the attachments to remember.

In the almighty words of Morpheus the great, " I can only show you the door, you're the one that has to walk through it".

Gentleman, I hope to see you all in Yahoo Messenger on Friday.

JulietUdon
07-28-2005, 09:20 AM
Some updates.

CURRENT STATUS

2005 July

The project has made progress although going a bit slow these days so it
again calls for CONCEPT ARTIST to accelerate production.

Waiting in line is worklist consisting firearm design and environment design
(interior/exterior). We get through this, and footage can be forwarded to
compositing since we already have storyboard for the first couple of scenes.

As a sidenote I have been looking into possibility of putting the movie into
compilation DVD (many chapters that eventually make up a single title) so
as far as questioning to the prospect goes, that's where we may head to.
Months of brainstorming and research to develop the universe concept will
not go into waste. All it takes a contributor is to allocate several hours each
week to seriously work on something and online conference when things
need to be discussed in person. Let's pull this off and see how everyone's
best effort turn out.

So keep the PM with your work sample coming, people. Let's go! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/stag5/j_smiley/happy.gif

CGTalk Moderation
07-28-2005, 09:20 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.