PDA

View Full Version : Sketcher Of The Year..VOTE! (Year 1)

RobertoOrtiz
06-16-2005, 06:55 PM
Thanks to all who contributed last year to the Daily Sketch Form.
You can see a wonderfull gallery of their works
here:
SKETCH OF THE YEAR: Post Here ALL Your Entries of last year (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=245224)

Ok here are the winners from last year!
THE BEST COLLECTION

TIE!
Goro
http://www.area-56.de/pics/cgtalk/sketchgroup/dsg_one_year_01.jpg
http://www.area-56.de/pics/cgtalk/sketchgroup/dsg_one_year_02.jpg

& FridayEve!
http://www.fridayeve.com/gallery/cgtalk/dsgoneyear.jpg

THE LEVEL UP AWARD FOR YEAR 1

Everyone!

THE COMMUNITY AWARD FOR YEAR 1

robinayles!
http://www.k-squared.com/year1dsg.jpg

and the

DSG MASTER FOR YEAR 1
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b216/robertoortiz1/cgtalk/year1.gif

Enayla!
http://www.furiae.com/images/allsketches.jpg

runner ups are:

FridayEve!
Goro!

Great work to all!

-R

WELCOME TO THE ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY THREAD!
Please visit this thread

SKETCH OF THE YEAR: Post Here ALL Your Entries of last year (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=245224)

and then vote for the following categories:

THE DSG MASTER FOR YEAR 1- Vote for the artists that has kicked more A#$ in the past year in a consistent basis.

THE BEST COLLECTION- Vote for the artists that has the best gallery of drawings

THE LEVEL UP AWARD FOR YEAR 1- Vote for the artists that has shown a dramatic improvement in the year.

THE COMMUNITY AWARD FOR YEAR 1- Vote for the artists that has contributed MORE(commentary, ideas, teamwork) for the DSG!

and dont forget CHECK

LAST WEEK'S SKETCH OF THE WEEK!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v308/robertoortiz/cgtalk/Cup.gif

THE SKETCH OF THE WEEK : Tell us what is your favorite sketches from Cat(359-365) (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=248530)
http://monkey.trouble-free.net/~thany/temp/propaganda.jpg

and ALSO vote for this week!

THE SKETCH OF THE WEEK : Tell us what is your favorite sketches from Cat(366-372) (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=250347)
-R

Art2
06-16-2005, 07:38 PM
A$$kicker: Goro
Bestcollection: Supervlieg
Level Up: Everyone
CommunityAward: RobertoOrtiz

ashakarc
06-16-2005, 07:56 PM
THE DSG MASTER FOR YEAR 1:
Enayla

Comment: For most of us, Enayla's work is not really a sketch, but for her and what she can accomplish if it is taken further, it is. She redefined what a sketch means for a master !!

THE BEST COLLECTION:
Goro

Comment: Truly impressive painter with consistent strength in diverse topics, and fun ideas.

-----------------

Sorry, Can't vote on the other 2 categories, because I couldn't really tell from the size of the posters.

FiYoG
06-16-2005, 07:58 PM
I just spent an hour shuffling through the thread and this is all I could 'narrow' it down to:

DSG Master for Year 1:
crazy3dman, Supervlieg, Art2, Thany, Kirt, Augustus, FridayEve, SalamanderCoral, Enayla, Taron, Goro, jeroentje, Telemaco, element5

Best Collection:
FridayEve, Goro, Art2

Community Award:
robinayles, bealobo, goro, paperclip, Gord

Sorry, you may just have to disregard my votes. :shrug:

Cyanid
06-16-2005, 10:45 PM
THE DSG MASTER FOR YEAR 1:: Stephan.s (remember him? that "Garden of Good and Evil" sketch kicked sooo much butts, where'd he go? :sad: )

THE BEST COLLECTION::FridayEve

THE LEVEL UP AWARD FOR YEAR 1::Supervlieg

THE COMMUNITY AWARD FOR YEAR 1 ::Sir Patrocolo/RobertoOrtiz(duh)

TwistedReality
06-16-2005, 11:43 PM
I would love to join sketch of the week but I have no Idea on how exactly do I join I would love if send one could tell me

missing evening
06-17-2005, 02:06 AM
:thumbsup: great work every one! so hard to make a choice!
THE DSG MASTER FOR YEAR 1- Enayla, she's also the painting master and Supervlieg and Art2

THE BEST COLLECTION- FridayEve, SalamanderCoral, Loulu79, sogan_renderer and paperclip

THE COMMUNITY AWARD FOR YEAR 1- RobertoOrtiz

Gord-MacDonald
06-17-2005, 06:47 AM
THE DSG MASTER FOR YEAR 1- So many, So hard to pick - Ok - top 10 (in no particular order):

Fridayeve, Goro, Taron333, Enayla, Supervleig, Thany, Art2, Vitriolic, DrawMonger, Augustus

THE BEST COLLECTION - Fridayeve

THE LEVEL UP AWARD FOR YEAR 1- everyone wins!

THE COMMUNITY AWARD FOR YEAR 1- Roberto, RobinAyles- Robin you always have nice positive comments for everyone !
...(and then everyone else :) - a great community all around !!!)

There are so many good artists besides those I have selected...darn!

Good work everyone!!!:thumbsup:

Gord

Tonik
06-18-2005, 12:58 AM
Oooh this is tough but FridayEve has to be my Master of the year.

I love Goro's stuff too so he'd have to get my vote for collection of the year.

Thany gets my choice for level up. His stuff just gets better and better and he's now easily up there amongst the most talented guys on the board.

I'll think about the others. Enayla and Taron's stuff is an inspiration and I've learnt so much from just looking at how they render scenes.

Telemaco
06-18-2005, 09:50 AM
DSG Master of the Year: FridayEve
Best Collection: Enayla
Level Up: drawMonger
Community Award: Roberto Ortiz

:)

It's hard to vote only one each section... I think Goro is second in Master of the Year...

Telémaco

bealobo
06-18-2005, 05:05 PM
THE DSG MASTER FOR YEAR 1- Really difficult: Enayla, Goro, Taron333,
Fridayeve, Supervleig, Vitriolic, Augustus

THE BEST COLLECTION - Fridayeve

THE LEVEL UP AWARD FOR YEAR 1- crazy3dman and codenothing

THE COMMUNITY AWARD FOR YEAR 1- Everyone! Roberto, Gord, paperclip, jannis, crazy3dman, robin, .... everyone really!!!

elmasfeo
06-18-2005, 06:08 PM
aargh....I can't decide who to vote on a single day and I have to chose it in a whole year....I tried to choose just one, and as I saw I couldn't, I tried to keep the number of votes as low as I could...

DSG Master for Year 1: Goro, Enayla...

Best Collection: Supervlieg, Art2, Thany, Goro, FridayEve...

Community Award: Roberto Ortiz !, Robinayles... :thumbsup:

Level up of the year.....:shrug:too difficult to vote, sorry

AnimZiggy
06-18-2005, 10:05 PM
HE DSG MASTER FOR YEAR 1- Really difficult: Enayla, Goro, Taron333,
Fridayeve, Supervileg, Vitriolic, Augustus

THE BEST COLLECTION - Fridayeve, Supervileg

THE LEVEL UP AWARD FOR YEAR 1- everyone.

THE COMMUNITY AWARD FOR YEAR 1- Everyone! Roberto, Gord, paperclip, jannis, robinayles!

Everyone Wins! :deal:

element5
06-19-2005, 02:06 AM
THE DSG MASTER FOR YEAR 1- Enayla
THE BEST COLLECTION - SteveV

THE LEVEL UP AWARD FOR YEAR 1- Robinayles.

THE COMMUNITY AWARD FOR YEAR 1- Roberto Ortiz for all the time and effort you put into the DSG :thumbsup:

robinayles
06-19-2005, 04:29 AM
Sorry folks, there are too many wonderful artists on here to narrow any of these down to just one person!

THE DSG MASTER FOR YEAR 1- Art2, Goro, Supervleig, FridayEve, Enayla, Taron333, Vitriolic, Agustus and Kirt, Dargon, Drumwhore, Andrewley

DSG APPRENTICE (my own invented category - because as they say in Star Wars, there are always 2: a Master and his Apprentice): elMasFeo, Telemaco, Element5, paperclip, crazy3dman, JGrieve, Opeth, Thany, SalamanderCoral, DrawMonger, bealobo, Alice, SteveV, Her0d, TheTon

THE BEST COLLECTION - Goro, Art2, FridayEve, Enayla

THE LEVEL UP AWARD FOR YEAR 1- ilikesoup, Element5, Gord, Squibbit, cL0s71 and of course Cyanid!! :)

THE COMMUNITY AWARD FOR YEAR 1- Gord, ilikesoup, Roberto, the entire group!

Thanks for the votes and nice comments, everyone!

I want to thank everyone in the community for being so generous and sharing your work and techniques. My work has improved a great deal just by being among you. Kudos to you all!

DSG ROCKS! :buttrock: :bounce: :thumbsup: :applause:

SteveV
06-19-2005, 08:36 AM
It's a shame bumskee and Rasdasa aren't still around, they were my favorites from the early days.

Telemaco's work really hits the spot with me.

I love Jeroentje's clouds.

Enayla has some amazing work for just a few hours in each one.

Tarons works are little master pieces.

Great body of work Element5!

THE DSG MASTER FOR YEAR 1- Fridayeve

THE BEST COLLECTION- Supervlieg

THE LEVEL UP AWARD FOR YEAR 1- I think although Goro's work has always been of a high level, it's also improved the most too.

THE COMMUNITY AWARD FOR YEAR 1- Supervlieg

Goro
06-19-2005, 09:06 AM
DSG MASTER FOR YEAR 1 - stephan.s (thnx for teaching me so much!)

THE BEST COLLECTION - Enayla

THE LEVEL UP AWARD FOR YEAR 1- Taron (you improve just too fast buddy...)

THE COMMUNITY AWARD FOR YEAR 1- Roberto

Best wishes to all for the next DSG round!

LadyMedusa
06-19-2005, 10:26 AM
THE DSG MASTER FOR YEAR 1- Enayla

THE BEST COLLECTION- Supervlieg, Enayla, Taron 333, Goro, Stahlberg.
CodeNothing woud also be there :)

THE LEVEL UP AWARD FOR YEAR 1- Augustus, Jĺnnis, Squibbit

THE COMMUNITY AWARD FOR YEAR 1 - RobertoOrtiz

Sagii
06-19-2005, 06:36 PM
Everyone that has been part of the DSG has improved so much in the last year.. i am sorr I havent been with you guys the last 2 months :( but i learned a lot myself.

This is a great community and everyone I have meet here as been super postive and friendly and helpful.. so the award in my opinion goes to everyone :)

Taron333
06-20-2005, 01:59 PM
I think it's clear that we do have quite a collection of heros/heroins and coming ones in our little group and I'm blown away everyday I look at what you all do. I think that this kind of thing here is not a matter of voting, that's for sure. Most names I would say are pretty damn obvious and it feels too hard for me to pick out who's where or where not. Improved I think we all did, except enayla...there's nothing left to improve, only to expand maybe.

So, well, a list may go like that:
THE DSG MASTER FOR YEAR 1- Enayla, Goro, Fridayeve, Supervlieg, Thany, Vitriolic

THE BEST COLLECTION - Enayla, Goro, Art2, Fridayeve, Vitriolic, The Ton...

THE LEVEL UP AWARD FOR YEAR 1- SalamanderCoral, Kirt, The Ton, Thany(I thought I saw a vast improvement in shape and even style, starting from really damn good to now near genius) and the same goes for Vitriolic and even Supervlieg, The Ton and Art2. I know this may be pretty weirdo and hopefully not misunderstood, but I would put myself in here, too, because I can not tell you how much I've learned in this year and look at my own stuff only to realize: HOLY SHIT, I went from a bunch of ballpen scribbles to full color paintings...thanx Goro! It's ALL your fault and you know it!

THE COMMUNITY AWARD FOR YEAR 1- Roberto, Goro

Special Spirit award (I'm just making that up right now) goes to robinayles, if you'd ask me! there's a real positive and uplifting vibe coming from her...sorta warm and fuzzy! Sense greatful participation goes a long way and multiplies the sense it makes to share it all. Arite...I may be pushing it...but hey... ...OH and yeah Kirt! I think I was occasionally dying of laughter inside thanx to some of the ingenius things coming from him! Brilliant!

To the DSG: :love:

Supervlieg
06-20-2005, 03:54 PM
DSG Mistress for year 1 - Enayla

Best Collection - Goro

Level up award for year 1 - All who participated!

Community award for year 1 - Roberto Ortiz

On to the next year, and lets all have some beers together sometime :beer:

Ilikesoup
06-20-2005, 07:37 PM
DSG Master - Goro
The first rock star the DSF had. :buttrock:
He returns periodically to kick our butts for old times' sake.

Best Collection -
1. Goro
2. Telemaco
3. Sir Patroclo
Consistently great from concept to execution. Plus, great varieties of character & landscape pieces, and all interesting POV.

Level Up -
1. Sagi13 a.k.a. InesD
2. robinayles

Community Award -
1. Roberto Ortiz
"Father of the DSF"
Membership drive
Theme weeks
Topic suggestions = democracy in action :applause:

2. Goro
posted the first DSF tutorial
shared custom brushes
loads of advice & encouragement

3. Everybody else who's ever participated on the forum.
For giving advice and encouragement and for being brave enough to share their work. This is one of the most rewarding things I've ever been a part of. Thank you all!

Gord-MacDonald
06-21-2005, 01:59 AM
DSG MASTER FOR YEAR 1 - stephan.s (thnx for teaching me so much!

I had to check this guy out after the above endosement (stephan.s was before my time):

http://www.stephanart.com/

Whoa!
I am glad I did!

Gord

Cyanid
06-21-2005, 08:33 AM
I voted him too ;)

bealobo
06-21-2005, 11:20 AM
yeah, he´s great!
I also remember Nathaniel West, though was here little time.

Cyanid
06-21-2005, 11:34 AM
some folks remember rasdasa? and drumwhore?
hehe they owned this forum for a while

Taron333
06-21-2005, 11:42 AM
Yup, I was just thinking about them....and havn't heard much from Buzzz3d either and quite a few more of the old guard! It's been a long year, wasn't it! Feels like we're talking about ancient history. I checked it out and saw that I've started at sketch 75. Telemaco for example was with the first people here, I had no idea...astounding.

We should have a mirror thread to the first thread ever! Would be kind of interesting to see what people would do now with the same topic!

robinayles
06-21-2005, 08:09 PM
Taron - thank you so much for those kind words. I've been going through a lot in my personal life lately and I can't tell you how much that touched me.

I love this group and love to participate, even when I don't have time to sketch, I always have time for a few quick views and comments. When I first started in the group, it was comments from others that made me keep on working to get better. Its one of the things this group does best - and if in some small way I've added to that, then fantastic! I just think of it as my way of "giving back." So I consider myself a reflection of all of you and your generous sharing!

I agree with a lot of you that the year has seen a lot of people come and go. I know that in my list of "greats" I included Opeth. Haven't seen him in a while. I guess he's flying planes and helping to make the world a more peaceful place. Cyanid, I saw a post from DrumWhore just the other day. Haven't seen Rasdasa lately, tho.
I just checked out Stephen.S from the link (thanks for posting it, Gord) and WOW! He is truly awesome. I plan to take a longer look sometime when I can really study his work and technique.

SalamanderCoral
06-21-2005, 10:14 PM
DSG Masters
Supervlieg, Goro, Art2, Enayla, Taron333, FridayEve and Kirt

Best Collections
FridayEve, Goro, Supervlieg, Art2, Taron333, Enayla, drawMonger, Vitriolic and Telemaco

Level Up Awards
Crazy3dman, elmasfeo, Kieronh, Paperclip, Thany, augustus, Cyanid, element5, robinayles, Octothreat, The Ton and Ilikesoup

Community Award
Roberto, robinayles, Supervlieg, Art2 and Goro

thank you very much to the whole community for all the great sketches and inspirations, the comments, the tips & tricks and of course for lot of fun...:thumbsup:

best wishes
yours Salamander

paperclip
06-21-2005, 10:21 PM
I agree with everyone here! This forum is my favorite of cgtalk- I come every day and there's always something new to cheer me up, esp. when my topics get picked occasionally (phobias, whee!)

CGMaster: Enayla, Goro, Vitriolic, FridayEve, Nathaniel West. (his stuff was incredible)

Best Collections: FridayEve, Goro, Taron, Telemaco, Art2.

Level up: Thany!

Community Award: Robinayles...miss fuzzy wuzzy, haha. Ilikesoup, Gord McDonald, Erilaz, Octothreat, The Ton, Elmasfeo.

robinayles
06-21-2005, 11:01 PM
...and speaking of missing in action, what happened to Alice???

thanks SalamaderCoral and paperclip - Miss Fuzzy-Wuzzy, indeed! :)

Cyanid
06-22-2005, 12:54 AM
can someone vote me for level-up?
I deserve it :bounce:

nah kidding, but yay! I learned a lot

robinayles
06-22-2005, 03:03 AM
can someone vote me for level-up?
I deserve it :bounce:

nah kidding, but yay! I learned a lot

Cyanid-

You are right, you DO deserve it. You have definately come a long way this year. Please note that I edited my prior post to include you. I know you were just kidding - but it is a nomination well deserved! :thumbsup:

Hey, maybe one of you kind folks can answer this question...
My first sketch last year was "My Personal Demon" - how can I find out what sketch number that was? Unfortunately, I wasn't keeping track of that info with my sketches.

thanks!
-R

Octothreat
06-22-2005, 07:45 AM
THE DSG MASTER FOR YEAR 1- Art2, Thany, FridayEve, Enayla, Taron333, Goro, Telemaco

THE BEST COLLECTION- Goro, Enayla

THE LEVEL UP AWARD FOR YEAR 1- Supervleig, Augustus, Cyanid

THE COMMUNITY AWARD FOR YEAR 1- Goro, robinayles, Roberto Ortiz of course!

Thanks SalamanderCoral! I feel that I have learned so much by being a part of this forum. And its because of all of you!

elmasfeo
06-22-2005, 10:28 AM
Hey, maybe one of you kind folks can answer this question...
My first sketch last year was "My Personal Demon" - how can I find out what sketch number that was? Unfortunately, I wasn't keeping track of that info with my sketches.

it was number 83: http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=165220
...but I can't see any picture of yours there, did you keep it for yourself without posting?
I started posting regularly on sketch #90, but in this one (83) I was already lurking around without posting, it seems like it was decades ago, it's nice to remember all of those good old names and sketches from all that people that are difficult to see this days...

- salamander and paperclip, thanks a lot!

SpeccySteve
06-22-2005, 01:54 PM
I only started in the late 200's so I don't feel I've been here long or often enough to really be qualified to vote on a whole years work (hard to work out who got better etc when I'm unfamiliar with how good they were intially..) but well done to anyone and everyone who posted work, comments, tips etc.

The only category I do feel confident voting for is Community Award- Roberto, for keeping this thing going for a full year.

This is easily the most laid back and fun forum on cgtalk and now that college finally finished I look forward to participating more.

-Steve

robinayles
06-23-2005, 04:59 AM
it was number 83: http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=165220
...but I can't see any picture of yours there, did you keep it for yourself without posting?
I started posting regularly on sketch #90, but in this one (83) I was already lurking around without posting, it seems like it was decades ago, it's nice to remember all of those good old names and sketches from all that people that are difficult to see this days...

- salamander and paperclip, thanks a lot!

I guess I never posted it. It was pretty wretched. I included it in my year full of sketches post.

How do you know where/how to find those old entries?

I saw Garma on there, haven't seen that puppy dog in a while!

Ronski
06-23-2005, 10:50 AM
How do you know where/how to find those old entries?

I saw Garma on there, haven't seen that puppy dog in a while!

There's an archive here Robin, heh I was there for sketch 001, forgot all about that :)

http://www.cgtalk.com/archive/index.php/f-130.html

AnimZiggy
06-23-2005, 12:38 PM
thanks for the link Kierohn, was always wondering where the archives where. :thumbsup:

Art2
06-24-2005, 12:11 PM
Special Spirit award (I'm just making that up right now) goes to robinayles, if you'd ask me! there's a real positive and uplifting vibe coming from her...sorta warm and fuzzy!

Yeah, she's like the DSG-mom :)

Ok, who remembers pasto, french guy. I sometimes see him on the Cinema forum. He did some great sketches too.

robinayles
06-25-2005, 06:44 AM
Art2 - Thanks!...I think...because that implies I'm pretty old if I'm everyone's mom! :) <seriously, thanks very much!>

Kieronh - AHA! Thanks for posting that link! I appreciate it. Looking back through these makes me realize that I was lurking as early as threads in the 40's, but didn't get brave enough to post my own sketches until in the 80's. I drew a lot at home, but most of those early sketches ended up in the trash can!

SteveV
06-27-2005, 05:19 AM
I'm older that Robin!

... I think. (December 1959)

robinayles
06-28-2005, 04:20 AM
I'm older that Robin!

... I think. (December 1959)

em...not quite, I'm a classic like the '57 Chevy - but thanks for the compliment! :love:

RobertoOrtiz
07-13-2005, 05:39 AM
Thanks to all who contributed last year to the Daily Sketch Form.
You can see a wonderfull gallery of their works
here:

Ok here are the winners from last year!
THE BEST COLLECTION

TIE!
Goro
http://www.area-56.de/pics/cgtalk/sketchgroup/dsg_one_year_02.jpg

& FridayEve!
http://www.fridayeve.com/gallery/cgtalk/dsgoneyear.jpg

THE LEVEL UP AWARD FOR YEAR 1

Everyone!

THE COMMUNITY AWARD FOR YEAR 1

robinayles!
http://www.k-squared.com/year1dsg.jpg

and the

DSG MASTER FOR YEAR 1
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b216/robertoortiz1/cgtalk/year1.gif

Enayla!
http://www.furiae.com/images/allsketches.jpg

runner ups are:

FridayEve!
Goro!

Great work to all!

-R

MrPositive
07-13-2005, 07:05 AM
One day they'll be talking about Enayla along with the greatest artists ever. It's hard to see it in your own time, but I believe this to be true.

g-nome
07-13-2005, 07:09 AM
goro is gogood

sergioKomic
07-13-2005, 11:07 AM
Linda again?.... It was set up Im telling you....... She works for CGTalk and thats why she wins........ :banghead: :argh:

Wha hah ah ah a ahah ahahha haha !

Great work everybody! (I promise I m gonna work more for DSF next season!)

Telemaco
07-13-2005, 03:00 PM
Congrats. everyone :)

Sagii
07-13-2005, 07:06 PM
yey we all win level up award!! congrats everyone else in your respective categories :) you are all great artists an great people and I am honored to have been sketching with you for a year :)

bealobo
07-13-2005, 08:40 PM
hey!
I´m so busy at work now that I cannot even sketch... BUT I have the time to say CONGRATS to the winners and of course to all the daily sketchers because it is so encouraging and a great pleasure to sketch with you all!

:beer:

Goro
07-14-2005, 09:26 AM
woa! Thnx for the votes everyone! And congrats to Everyone! I had a lot of fun
sketching with you guys and hope to be able to join in again.
Right now I'm too busy :(

Keep on sketching guys!
Cheers! :beer:
Goro

Art2
07-14-2005, 09:30 AM
After a year of hard sketching and speedpainting, you derserve the votes Goro.

Enayla
07-14-2005, 01:50 PM
Wow!! Thank you so much, I am deeply honoured :)

I'm writing this from a slow computer at my dad's job. I'll try to rejoin the DSG when I get back home (am staying in their cabin over the week).

Much love and hugs, everyone! :D

robinayles
07-14-2005, 10:52 PM
WOW! Thank you all for the votes. I love this place (am addicted to it) and all of you fantastic artists! The community award REALLY belongs to Roberto (as we all know) but I guess he didn't want to award it to himself. So as the humble #2 I accept with gratitude!

- Hugs and smoochie faces all around! :love:

CGTalk Moderation
07-14-2005, 10:52 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.