PDA

View Full Version : What c++ training videos would you recommend?

kvernon
06-16-2005, 04:05 PM
I recently picked up a copy of c++.net, and want to get dirty with it (in an innocent kinda way), but I haven't got a clue about c++ (let alone visual c++ .net ). What would you all suggest for video (dvd, cd or vhs). I know of a few good resources for books and web, but I'd really like to find that visual/audio mix for learning.

The only thing I could find were the videos by keystone. Are they any good?

Thanks,

Kelly

arnecls
06-16-2005, 07:15 PM
Hmm. Maybe just my opinion, but videos might help learning a user interface (maybe that helps with Visual Studio), but programming languages are learned by courses or books.
I would recommend you to get a starters book for learning C++.

Do you have programming experiences in other languages? I just ask, because C++ may be not the weapon of choice when starting programming, because it's rather complex and hard to understand for beginners.

mexxmillion
06-16-2005, 09:24 PM
i found a few at 3dbuzz.. not sure how good but they are quite expensive.

http://www.3dbuzz.com/xcart/customer/product.php?productid=19&cat=&page=

BernieK
06-16-2005, 11:36 PM
yes i ordered the 3dbuzz videos (for c++ and opengl programming) a few days ago... when i got them in my hands i can tell you if it's worth the money (which is quite a lot...)

mummey
06-17-2005, 04:47 PM
Wow, I don't think I have the patience to watch someone else program C++.

But hey! if people are buying then maybe... ;)

Critterslayer
06-17-2005, 05:42 PM
I would pick up a copy of deitel and deitel's c++ how to program 5th edition. I don't think I've ever even heard of a c++ (or any programming language for that matter) video tutorial. Books are probably the best way to go.

aqueous
06-20-2005, 06:21 AM
Watching someone program... That should be a test for ADHD.

I would go the book route. A sweet one is:

Accelerated C++, Practical Programming by Example (Andrew Koenig)

It teaches you some pretty advanced core topics very quickly.

~aq

CGTalk Moderation
06-20-2005, 06:21 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.