PDA

View Full Version : Head modeling tutorial - revised

Bellorum
06-16-2005, 12:48 PM
Posted this on Elysiun.com yesterday, and used up a whole months worth of bandwidth in a couple of hourshttp://cgtalk.com/images/smilies/aarggggghhhh.gif Soooo, I got myself a new host :) Let's see how long this lasts.

This is only a revised tutorial. If you've seen it before there's not much new. Text is pretty much the same, with a few corrections and clarifications here and there. Pictures are new too, added two sections, slight alteration in method, but the subject is the same. One difference is that I plan to add more parts to the tutorial (facial detail coming next).

Please come with comments, so I can improve it even further. Especially newbies are welcome to comment, since this is mainly for them.

Click here for the tutorial. (http://bellorum.50webs.com/tut_head_01.html)

SpriteGF
06-16-2005, 03:26 PM
Hey Bellorum! This is an awesome start. I did not know that the K key even existed, and it's always great to see how other Blender users do their work.

If bandwidth is an issue, I can host it on some servers where it's not an issue. Let me know if you'd like me to mirror it. Also, perhaps consider putting the content on Wikibooks (with the collection of Blender tutorials) where it can stay permanently.

Thanks so much for writing this!!

Bellorum
06-16-2005, 04:15 PM
Hey Bellorum! This is an awesome start. I did not know that the K key even existed, and it's always great to see how other Blender users do their work.

If bandwidth is an issue, I can host it on some servers where it's not an issue. Let me know if you'd like me to mirror it. Also, perhaps consider putting the content on Wikibooks (with the collection of Blender tutorials) where it can stay permanently.

Thanks so much for writing this!!
Yes, well - because most of us don't really like to learn 100 shortkeys before we can use a program, there is much room for surprises :) I still don't know what 80% of the shortkeys are for, and until I need them I probably won't ;) The K-shortkey is an important one, though.

As for hosting issues, they should be gone now - 50webs promises unlimited bandwidth, so I'm holding them to their word on that :)

About wikibooks, we'll see.

CGTalk Moderation
06-16-2005, 04:15 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.