PDA

View Full Version : Luxology: modo for LightWave 3D Users - $299

dashwilson
06-16-2005, 01:08 PM
http://www.luxology.com/store/specials/lightwave.aspx

Buy modo before July 31, 2005 to take advantage of this price.
Log on to www.modo3d.com (http://www.modo3d.com/newsletter/link.aspx?id=28) and get modo for $299.

StephanD
06-16-2005, 01:26 PM
What a deal!

Lique
06-16-2005, 02:55 PM
very tempting :drool:

DMack
06-16-2005, 03:59 PM
And unlike some offers....I actually think this one will end after siggraph.....I'm almost tempted to get a second seat for the future.....Well, second thought, I would if I knew when the application would be complete (model animate and render)....so...ho hum...I think I'll pass.....

MadMax
06-16-2005, 04:32 PM
here I was going to pick up 3 more seats..........

c-g
06-16-2005, 05:59 PM
And unlike some offers....I actually think this one will end after siggraph.....I'm almost tempted to get a second seat for the future.....Well, second thought, I would if I knew when the application would be complete (model animate and render)....so...ho hum...I think I'll pass.....

So you don't think they will have an attractive animate and render upgrade for existing seats? If/When is becomes a full blown app you don't think You will get it for $299 do you? :)

Sil3
06-16-2005, 06:20 PM
Now we are talking Luxology hehehehe, but why only for LW and not for the others too? Not that im complaining since i own LW but u know ;)

ArtofacksOne
06-16-2005, 08:11 PM
Hey how about C4d and Maya users, wheres the love, seems Silo is stil more genorous.

fez
06-16-2005, 08:54 PM
I wasn't planning on purchasing anything before Siggraph, but that is tempting.

Is the render module going to be released at Siggraph? Will it be upgrade pricing? Will it render Lightwave scenes?

DMack
06-16-2005, 08:59 PM
I think the general feeling is....The renderer will be release at or shortly after siggraph....and no it will not in its first release load lws's...this is not known but speculation based on several post/conversations.....The animation part is still a way off...again speculation but all fingers point to it being really some significant time away :(

chikega
06-16-2005, 09:15 PM
I believe it's compensatory in nature for the pain and suffering caused by an ugly divorce that left a lot of the Newtek "children" without a daddy for sometime.

Daddy's finally sending a alimony check ... ;)

Now we are talking Luxology hehehehe, but why only for LW and not for the others too? Not that im complaining since i own LW but u know ;)

Mattoo
06-16-2005, 09:50 PM
....mustn't.... buy it....... tooo... tempting....@*+%!

Awe crap I' sold. <sigh>

I've really been trying to hold off buying it, but that's the last straw, I'm a beaten man, that is too good an offer.

fez
06-16-2005, 09:55 PM
I think the general feeling is....The renderer will be release at or shortly after siggraph....and no it will not in its first release load lws's...this is not known but speculation based on several post/conversations.....The animation part is still a way off...again speculation but all fingers point to it being really some significant time away :(

I appreciate you sharing your speculations. I am pretty entrenched in my Max/Lightwave pipeline, but am also hoping that Modo will be that ever elusive mecca that allows me to comfortably model, animate and render in the same environment. So, though a next-gen interactive renderer would of course be welcome, i am not sure how useful it would be if I cannot at least import LW scenes.

I am grateful the deal goes to July 31st. I would so pounce if I did not have to dish out for a Max subscription at the end of the month, though I suppose I should wait for Siggraph news from Discreet and Newtek before I add ANOTHER seat of software.

Anyway, wow, what a fantastic deal for Lightwavers. Glad I waited.

My Fault
06-16-2005, 09:58 PM
Wouldn't it have ben cool if they had offered a deal this good when Modo first came out. Ya know to show some thanks for people who supported them in the beginning.

Bitter mode off :twisted:

Para
06-16-2005, 10:31 PM
Valid 'til July 31st? ...I can't believe this, I actually may have enough money for my own license by then. This is wicked :drool:

MadMax
06-16-2005, 10:48 PM
You know, I paid 500.00 for it. Not sorry a bit, and not bugged one little bit that they are offering it for 299.00 now.

What I am pissed at is Newtek offering to add a full seat of LW for 495.00 when I paid 1500.00 in upgrades for 3 licenses, waited a year to get the upgrades, only to find it didn't have much in it. I could have added 3 additional seats to the 3 I have.

Or Newtek offering 250.00 upgrades, when I paid 500.00 and waited a year.

I'm going to buy 3 more seats of Modo.

mlmiller1983
06-17-2005, 12:50 AM
You know, I paid 500.00 for it. Not sorry a bit, and not bugged one little bit that they are offering it for 299.00 now.

What I am pissed at is Newtek offering to add a full seat of LW for 495.00 when I paid 1500.00 in upgrades for 3 licenses, waited a year to get the upgrades, only to find it didn't have much in it. I could have added 3 additional seats to the 3 I have.

Or Newtek offering 250.00 upgrades, when I paid 500.00 and waited a year.

I'm going to buy 3 more seats of Modo.

All I had at first was an edu version of Maya 6.5 Unlimited for school work. With my edu Maya was able to take advantage of the $500 special and got a commerical version of LW 8(now 8.3) and loved it. Next month I am buying the Ligthwave 3D Companion Bundle from Maxon for Cinema 4D XL 9.1 for $900. Now modo is only $300 for LW users. SWEET SWEET SWEET.

prajna
06-17-2005, 05:47 AM
Next month I am buying the Ligthwave 3D Companion Bundle from Maxon for Cinema 4D XL 9.1 for $900.

Oh yeah, what do you get in that bundle?

<.>

mlmiller1983
06-17-2005, 07:27 AM
Oh yeah, what do you get in that bundle?
<.>

Advanced Render 2
Thinking Particles
MOCCA 2
PyroCluster
NET Render 3-Clients
Pretty Sweet for $900, all that I need is Dynamics, Sketch & Toon, and Body Paint 3D.

Sil3
06-17-2005, 02:23 PM
I believe it's compensatory in nature for the pain and suffering caused by an ugly divorce that left a lot of the Newtek "children" without a daddy for sometime.

Daddy's finally sending a alimony check ... ;)

LOL nice analogy Gary ;)

CGTalk Moderation
06-17-2005, 02:23 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.