PDA

View Full Version : connecting pre-existing fluid emitter to fluid container

sethmisek
06-16-2005, 12:34 AM
I want 100 fluid emitters in my scene to be connected to the same fluid.

$i = 0;
while ($i < 100) {

connectDynamic -em ("fluidEmitter" + $i) fluid1;

$i++;

print $i;

}

After this script the dynamic relationship window shows them as connected but they dont emit into the fluid. Also tried reopening the scene after running the script they still show as connected but dont emit.
If i disconect and connect an emitter in the dynamic relationships window by hand it only works about half the time. How do i get this to update properly and actually be connected.

sethmisek
06-16-2005, 12:39 AM
what i really want is to be able to emit fluids from an object using a texture for the rate. texture rate only works with regular particle emitters.
So im using regular paticles and having my 100 fluid emitters connected to the particles positions. But now the fluid emitters wont connect to my fluid.

AndersEgleus
06-18-2005, 12:47 PM
See your other post. This is easier to accomplish by emitting the fluid directly from the particles. If your particles inherit the emitter's color, you can even let their rgbPP attribute control how much fluid gets emitted from each particle.

CGTalk Moderation
06-18-2005, 12:47 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.