PDA

View Full Version : Infinite terrains in Infinite?

Caine777
06-15-2005, 08:01 PM
I have the trial version of Vue Infinite, and I was wondering about the "infinite procedural terrains" they show in the trailer. How do I make a terrain infinite? And is there a way to make the edges of two terrain "blocks" fit? In Bryce you can just use the same seed, and the edges of the terrains will fit together, allowing you to build landscapes of any size you want (and your computer can handle).

Wabe
06-16-2005, 06:28 AM
Procedural terrain means that you can size a terrain as big as you need it - or go as close as you want it. The resolution of the terrain is calculated in rednering - as it is needed so to say. BTW, you even can have animated waves with these procedural terrains!

I don't see a big difference in the terrain method between Bryce and Vue. Beside the technical "how to..." aspects of course. Therefore the principle should be the same. But you always can "Zero Edges" of course and be sure that the edges are on level 0. That always fits.

DorisDay
06-16-2005, 06:44 AM
I have the trial version of Vue Infinite

How???

The only trial version I know of isn't available until next week on 3DWorlds cover disc...:shrug:

E-on's website isn't showing anything either (only the above info) ...

runejw
06-16-2005, 09:25 AM
How???

The only trial version I know of isn't available until next week on 3DWorlds cover disc...:shrug:

E-on's website isn't showing anything either (only the above info) ...

Subscribers get the magazine before it hits the shops. The rest of us still have to wait...

Cheers,
Rune

biliousfrog
06-16-2005, 10:56 AM
I've been subscribing since issue 1 & I can assure you that it's not arrived yet.

runejw
06-16-2005, 05:54 PM
OK, I'll leave it to the guy to answer himself then, rather than theorizing too much...

The shops here in Norway gets the magazine 1-2 weeks later than in the UK so I'll have to wait even longer in any case.

Cheers,
Rune

DorisDay
06-16-2005, 07:47 PM
Yeah I subscribe to the mag too, not out for another week...:shrug:

Caine777
06-17-2005, 11:18 PM
Yeah I subscribe to the mag too, not out for another week...:shrug:Yeah, but when you know people who know people (who know people who, for instance, have jobs in certain industries... ;))...

Unfortunately I need a new computer to be able to use the program to its full potential...

DorisDay
06-18-2005, 10:53 AM
So you obviously know people Caine777...;)

Caine777
06-18-2005, 02:24 PM
So you obviously know people Caine777...;)No, but I know people who know people who do know people. I would like to know people though. ;)

And I've come to the conclusion that I most of all need more RAM. Vue has crashed a couple of times because I've run out of memory. Not good. :D

Svenni
07-16-2005, 08:14 PM
i know people that know some people that rob some people

CGTalk Moderation
07-16-2005, 08:14 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.