PDA

View Full Version : Rock influence on modern art

gonchelas
06-15-2005, 04:55 PM
As a 3D/2D, movie but most of all rock FANATIC, i decided to open this trhead to disscus the great influence that rock music has had on our society, and on our ways of life, see I think that music is the ultimate way to expresse your self, the perfect art (if there is a perfect art) si music, and numerous Rock bands have influenced the artistic society, bands like, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, The Ramones, Deep Purple, AC/DC, Metallica, etc. have had a great impact at least on my life, i want to share with you toughts on this matter

ThirdEye
06-15-2005, 05:11 PM
Quite an interesting subject gonchelas. A lot of musicians/composers influenced me in the past and they keep inspiring me now, from Bach to TOOL, from Keith Jarrett to Meshuggah. Music and traditional arts in general are quite a big source of inspiration, but i like keeping things together. What do I mean? I firmly believe there's no distinction between painting and writing, between composing and sculpting. Culture is like a tree, it's got many branches, but in fact it's just one thing.

mummey
06-15-2005, 05:45 PM
Sometimes Art is influenced by Rock, with is then influenced by Art. One thing's for sure, both are influenced by life.

gonchelas
06-16-2005, 01:49 AM
Sometimes Art is influenced by Rock, with is then influenced by Art. One thing's for sure, both are influenced by life.

RIGHT ON DUDE!

ashakarc
06-16-2005, 02:12 AM
the perfect art (if there is a perfect art) si music, and numerous Rock bands have influenced the artistic society, bands like, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, The Ramones, Deep Purple, AC/DC, Metallica, etc. have had a great impact at least on my life

May I ask what kind of great impact it has on your life? Thanks :)

gonchelas
06-16-2005, 11:17 PM
May I ask what kind of great impact it has on your life? Thanks :)

Ad I will gladly answer, music, specially rock, has influenced my life in many ways, it has been a way for me to see things differently, from a different perspective, music some how gets in tune with my emotions and helps me sort out a lot of things, since im more like an emotional roller coaster, if it wasent for music I would probably be very different fom who i am now,Rock specially has helped me and shown me that there is no rule book to tell me how to live my life and that felling is what has motivated me to keep doing what i do and love to do, not just in CG but in life in general!

Thanks

roteo
06-17-2005, 12:16 AM
Ad I will gladly answer, music, specially rock, has influenced my life in many ways, it has been a way for me to see things differently, from a different perspective, music some how gets in tune with my emotions and helps me sort out a lot of things, since im more like an emotional roller coaster, if it wasent for music I would probably be very different fom who i am now,Rock specially has helped me and shown me that there is no rule book to tell me how to live my life and that felling is what has motivated me to keep doing what i do and love to do, not just in CG but in life in general!

Thanks

drugs did that for me; erm legal ones, in some countries i guess..rock is cool too :thumbsup:

adam-crockett
06-17-2005, 04:51 AM
Rock specially has helped me and shown me that there is no rule book to tell me how to live my life ...
Thanks

Yeah, like using periods...**** 'em!:D

gonchelas
06-17-2005, 03:31 PM
Yeah, like using periods...**** 'em!:D

......................................................................................................................................................................................
...................................................................................................................................

jmBoekestein
06-17-2005, 04:06 PM

ThirdEye
06-19-2005, 01:01 AM
where's pacman when you need him? :rolleyes:

pnoland
06-19-2005, 01:07 AM
Awesome thread. Rock and Art are basically the things that are driving my life right now. I couldn't imagine life without playing and creating...totally makes things worth while when I finish one or the other. Music definatly fuels my artistic side so I -always- have music playing when I'm working with any program. Preferably hard rocking (Metallica, Pantera, Tool, Velvet Revolver...) but I switch it up to some of the classics too. Life without music and art isn't life to me.

ashakarc
06-19-2005, 01:10 AM
where's pacman when you need him? :rolleyes:
Someone called?

http://alishakarchi.com/painting/pacman.gif

CGTalk Moderation
06-19-2005, 01:10 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.