PDA

View Full Version : Vue 5 infinite

tony3d
06-15-2005, 04:40 PM
I should get my Vue Infinite today. I have two question. 1. People have been having problems registering, what's the deal with the two serila number's, and which one do you use? 2. On a Dual 2.7 gig Mac with 2.5 gigs of ram will I really be able to create those vast Landscapes filled with millions of tree's, and if so can it really be used for productive animation? I have worked in Lightwave for about 8 years, and to setup a scene like that would bring Lightwave to it's knees.

agiel
06-15-2005, 05:30 PM
Look for the way the serial number starts :

- if it starts with VUExxxxx , it is your unique serial number attached to your copy.
- if it starts with INSTxxxx , it is the serial number issued at installation time. You will need to write it down for later reference.

Look at it as a two part unique identification of your copy.

As for how Vue will behave on your machine, I suspect it will handle large scenes with that amount of RAM... but I have a PC, not a Mac :) so you will have to try it out or wait for a Mac user to confirm (Walther ?).

Wabe
06-16-2005, 07:20 AM
Always i have to confirm. :D

But in fact i do - your settings should be more than enough to do millions of trees!

AniMajik
06-16-2005, 07:49 AM
1.5 Gigs here (mac G5 - 10.3.9) - and yes it's true, it works great.

I had no problems installing V5I using the instructions included. Was fairly painless compared to other 3D software (Maya took much longer due to the fact I had to wait for my serial# to be emailed to me)

-AniMajik

CGTalk Moderation
06-16-2005, 07:49 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.