PDA

View Full Version : 1 Ghz RAM coming to an Nvidia card near you

Array
10-18-2002, 08:44 AM
http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=5833

Gentle Fury
10-22-2002, 04:51 AM
does this mean that the new NForce mobos are going to be sporting 1ghz bus speeds to accomidate these next gen cards????????

damn, i love nvidia!!!

Happy Rendering!!!!

thedaemon
10-22-2002, 08:35 AM
500something mhz I think

Solesurvivor
10-24-2002, 03:27 AM
don't trust theinquirer, it's full of rumours, and for ur attention, Ati does already have an r350, the successor of the 9700pro, juiced up with the new ram they made for it.

Approximate memory bandwith 32gb/s , chew on this nvidia :buttrock:

and nforce2 mobo's will only support 166fsb , so nothing is gonna change very much

ambient-whisper
10-24-2002, 03:54 AM
Originally posted by Solesurvivor
don't trust theinquirer, it's full of rumours, and for ur attention, Ati does already have an r350, the successor of the 9700pro, juiced up with the new ram they made for it.

Approximate memory bandwith 32gb/s , chew on this nvidia :buttrock:

and nforce2 mobo's will only support 166fsb , so nothing is gonna change very much

all of this is useless since ati always makes opengl drivers with problems.

My Fault
10-24-2002, 06:30 AM
Originally posted by ambient-whisper
all of this is useless since ati always makes opengl drivers with problems.

Damn straight! I will not get hoowinked by ATI again. Worst drivers ever....

Solesurvivor
10-24-2002, 11:37 AM
I have an geforce 2gts for the moment, but next year ati it will be, if they can do something about their drivers in maya and max, cuz i'm not planning on buying an fire gl x1 ;)

beaker
10-24-2002, 11:08 PM
I haven't had any major problems with the firegl line of cards' opengl drivers. The team they have working on those do a really good job.

Mangaka604
10-25-2002, 12:03 PM
ATI stands for A Terrible Invention.

Anyways, I've bought one ATI vid-card once and I'll never buy another again. Their hardware is great, but the drivers blow and sometimes their software included doesn't even install properly.

MCronin
10-25-2002, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by beaker
I haven't had any major problems with the firegl line of cards' opengl drivers. The team they have working on those do a really good job.

That's good to know. I'm in desperate need of a graphics card upgrade, and I'm deffinitely looking at getting a pro card this time around. It's killing me that ATI announced the Fire GL X1 months ago, said it'd be available in October, but they haven't said boo since. All indications point to it being significantly better and significantly cheaper than the high level Wildcat VPs and the Quadros. I just want ATI to release the thing already so someone can benchmark it and I can make up my mind. The drivers were my main concern.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.