PDA

View Full Version : excuse me mr.pixel, what colour are u?

mrSnoogle
06-14-2005, 07:26 AM
hey....
i was wondering if anybody knew of a way to query say pixel 100x 100y in camera space and get the colour in rgb values returned. my aim is to create a script that will give a variety of information about a specific pixel including primary mesh, reflected and refracted mesh's and the materials of those objects involved in the calculation, and possibly the amount of reflections and refractions.
.....................any help would be greatly appriciated.

bloggo_12
06-16-2005, 01:22 AM
i can't see this being very usefull at all snoogle, but it does ring a bell. i am certain it is simply a case of connecting a sampler info into a height field and then average the result, pipe it into a ramp's v coord and add a granite texture for the ramps advanced tesselation. now when u render hold down ctrl + tab and the fluids submenu should pop up allowing u to choose the pixel colour and sub-render information. try reading the manual.

CGTalk Moderation
06-16-2005, 01:22 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.