PDA

View Full Version : Radiosity For Exteriors

vancliff
06-13-2005, 08:52 PM
I would like to know why i get all these spots using radiosity in cinema 4d r9.1 (They are stills for animation)

These are my settings:
Radiosity: Standard
Strength:100
Accuracy 35
Prepass size: 1/3
Difuse Depth: 3
Stochastic Samples 100
Min resolution:10
Max resolution:50
Recompute: First time
Identical Noise Distribution checked

JamesMK
06-13-2005, 08:59 PM
Hard to say without seeing any images and so on, but on a general note, try these changes:

Prepass size: 1/1
Diffuse Depth: 2
Stochastic Samples 500
Min resolution:20
Max resolution:60

vancliff
06-15-2005, 07:28 AM
i tried to post the image but it didnt work. This is my second try.

STRAT
06-15-2005, 03:14 PM
those large circular splotches are down to the extremely low accuracy and general samples.

infact they're nightmarishly low.

the whole lighting needs serious work too. i'd concerntrait on getting that right before attempting an animation. unless you have a clear grasp of lighting and gi you'll suffer. unfortunately it aint a quick press a button solution.

imo, first off bung in some infil low light emmitting omni lights to lighten the scene. (all with shads and fall off) then lower the diffuse depth to 2 or even 1. this'll save a SHED LOAD of render time.
then i'd personally up the gi accuracy to 95% or higher, and up the stoch samples to over 200.

min and max up a few, and the prepass up to 2 or 1.

and dont forget standard single frame animation render techniques to avoid flicker.

it seems alot of work, and i'vew only just touched on things, but it's needed.

CGTalk Moderation
06-15-2005, 03:14 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.