PDA

View Full Version : animating footage speed

cdinic
10-17-2002, 08:36 PM
A while ago I asked on this board. how to animate the speed or footage to get the sweeping fast motion with nice smoth slowing effects like the bullets time in matrix.

I was told it wasn't possible in combustion 2, but it is! and so very eassy too.

it's that speed cariable under transform. click it to un ghost and animate a nice curve as you please! it's fantastic. Thought all should know about it

-Chris

Douglask
10-18-2002, 12:26 AM
Sahweet! Thanks Dude!

Fede
10-18-2002, 08:08 AM
Hi,

I'd like to differ and say that it's not possible.

The speed channel inside C* refers to the speed of an object on a motion path from point A to point B and not the actuall speed of a clip.

You can make a clip faster or slower in C* under the footage controls > output and click on frame blending so that it creates "inbetween" frames, but it's not keyframable.

To speed up a clip you need a plugin called Twixtor or something like that.

If you have achieved this i'd really like to see how and i think you should let the ppl at Discreet know too as i'm sure they would be very interested.

later

Douglask
10-19-2002, 07:14 AM
Damn, you're right...doesn't work! Tsk Tsk! :shame:

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.