PDA

View Full Version : Alternative perspectives ?

dogyears
06-13-2005, 06:14 AM
I apologize if this point has been raised before, but how does one go about drawing accurately 4/5/6 point perspectives ?

My internet search did not yeild very interesting results ... thx for the help.

dogyears
06-14-2005, 10:17 AM
bump. No responses ?

jmBoekestein
06-14-2005, 10:22 AM
well you've got only three dimensions, I think you can only go for 4 point perspective but then you'd have to also use parabolical tools, and uhm well, motion blur might be the other one...:surprised I think...:shrug:

dogyears
06-14-2005, 10:45 AM
To clarify, when I say "4/5 point" perspective I'm refering to cylindrical/spherical perspectives which have become popular in recent times ... methods of "resolving" images which require more than 1 vanishing point (panaromas, for example), and reducing distortions when the camara lens is too small ... I am yet to find a formal way of drawing these grids, or even a way of estimating/eyeballing them, or rendering them on a computer.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thx jmBoe for the response, but I'm not very sure what u mean by "motion blur" ??

robotJAM1
06-14-2005, 10:52 AM
http://www.termespheres.com/mh-text.html

Theres an article there on it, also I'd look at some of Eschers work as lot is drawn with somesort of curving perspective.

jmBoekestein
06-14-2005, 11:04 AM
I was kidding btw, motion blur as in time being another dimension. :p

That's weird, rendering them on a computer as in 3d, becasue Brazil renderes cylindrical, spherical and shrinkwrap environments and in HDR formats too. Might be worth a look, there's a demo version too, Brazil RIO.

dogyears
06-14-2005, 11:39 AM
Sorry, man didn't get the joke, and thx for the link, robot. Brazil renders these perspectives eh ? gotta give it a look. thx.

CGTalk Moderation
06-14-2005, 11:39 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.