PDA

View Full Version : Gameboy artists - D-paint?

Extrassy
06-12-2005, 09:37 PM
Could anyone out there please tell me what 'D-paint' is and where I can get it? I'd love to learn to use it, but I can't seem to find anything about it on the web. Could anyone kindly point me in the direction of a useful link?

Lunatique
06-13-2005, 01:38 AM
D-Paint is a very old app back in the late 80's and early 90's. I used D-Paint IV Enhanced around 91~92 briefly. They were quite limited and nowhere near as powerful as the apps we have today. No reason for you to use it now except for nostalgic reasons or to satisfy your curiosity. I don't think you can run D-Paint on today's OS's anyway.

SpeccySteve
06-13-2005, 02:25 AM
All the cool kids used "Neo-Paint" anyway..

dbclemons
06-13-2005, 03:35 PM
Could anyone out there please tell me what 'D-paint' is and where I can get it? I'd love to learn to use it, but I can't seem to find anything about it on the web. Could anyone kindly point me in the direction of a useful link?

Deluxe Paint from EA. Pretty neat old program for 8bit pixel pushing. Unless you're running DOS (or an Amiga) forget it though. There a newer Windows program called Promotion that has many of the same features. Nice price <$100.

http://www.cosmigo.com/promotion/index.php

-David

CGTalk Moderation
06-13-2005, 03:35 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.