PDA

View Full Version : drawing face help

Readme2
06-12-2005, 11:02 AM
Hi, I'm not sure if it is the right forum for this... if not, just relocate it in the right place :)
Well, I'm having truble drawing human face. I believe thats because I do'nt know exacly where to locate every part of the face (eyes, nose).
no I'm not stupid, I know where it goes but not in the corrcet size and height and width (and specipic location). I saw once a sketch with some guide lines (looks like a cross) on the face and I thought that was a kind of methood for drawing. is it true? Can you explain me how can I learn it? (I have no money to pay for books or lessons since I'm 15 years old and I'm not working yet) BTW, My english isn't very good so please when you are explaining try not to use high language. Thnaks in advance, Ido.

Kargokultti
06-12-2005, 11:24 AM
Practice. You don't need books for that. Draw relatives of friends, or any people willing to sit for you.

Edit: faces are different, the guidelines for frawing them are all the same. Trust the guidelines if you only want to draw one kind of face, trust your own eyes if you want to draw what's really there.

heythatreallyhurts
06-12-2005, 12:03 PM
Go to www.saveloomis.org (http://www.saveloomis.org). It's an online archive of several out-of-print books by Andrew Loomis, an excellent illustrator and teacher. Look at the book "Figure Drawing for All It's Worth." (The other books are also good, but this one has the most information on drawing faces.) Loomis breaks down the basic proportions, anatomy and peculiarities of different types of faces, and he suggests exercises and things to practice. This is a great starting point and also a good resource to keep handy for future reference.

edit: And this usually goes without saying, but the best thing you can do is to draw from life. Use a mirror to draw your own face, or have friends pose for you. Perhaps your school offers some figure drawing classes; if so, that would be ideal. Practice drawing what you see, and don't get frustrated if you can't get an exact likeness of the person you're drawing. Just keep at it, and remember you're not really drawing a face, per se, but rather the effect of light falling on a face.

Readme2
06-12-2005, 04:40 PM
ok. thank you very much.:thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
06-12-2005, 04:40 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.