PDA

View Full Version : problem with ulna/radius setup

KiboOst
10-17-2002, 03:16 PM
Hi folks !

I'm testing a setup with ulna/radius under max5.

As the two ends of the radius (the thumb sided bone) are linked xform to a dummy. Then, the bone move, but not its pivot. So its envelop under skin modifier don't move !!
If I link the radius to the arm, then linked xform just the hand end, moves don't works.
I've also tried with a standard mesh, it is the same...

Any info please ? Some way to fix the pivot to the mesh when moving it by subobject level ?

thanks

Kib

KiboOst
10-20-2002, 06:31 PM
huh ? No rigging or max gourou ? Don't tell this to me hey !

Kib

pete
10-21-2002, 12:23 PM
Hi mate,
I checked out the arm rig,
The problem is that you are deforming the ulna bones mesh, and not changing the bones actual position/rotation.
This is why it wont work, well maby it would with bones pro but that's getting a bit crusty and old..
I've been trying to work out this problem for a while and I havent found any perfect solutions but some buddies and I came up with an interesteng method that I have posted as a new thread..

KiboOst
10-21-2002, 12:40 PM
Yeah, the only problem is that deforming a mesh with sibobject level, the pivot don't follow the deformations.

Ok I will check your post ! a link ?

pete
10-21-2002, 12:55 PM
Jeeze that was quick,
Deforming the mesh will never affect the pivot point.

Give me a sec to sort out my thread k

KiboOst
10-21-2002, 01:07 PM
Oups sorry ! Yeah I love this notification function to email me when I got an answer to some of my msg on the board :beer:

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.