PDA

View Full Version : creating and saving alpha channels?

hopper2k
10-17-2002, 01:57 PM
How do you create an alpha channel of an image in photoshop. I created a logo, and I need to put it on an object that I modeled in Cinema 4D. The logo is supposed to look like a decal on the object, and I heard you have to create an alpha channel, and put the alpha channel on the object and you'll get the logo and that's it. But when I put the regular photoshop image on the model, I get the white area surrounding my logo, so my model is all white with the logo in the middle, rather than just having the logo and nothing else. So creating and saving an alpha channel is what I need help with. Thanks!

frog
10-17-2002, 05:47 PM
Alpha channels are essentially selections or masks stored as pixel information, a grayscale image that represents different levels of selection.

You can create them in a vast amount of different ways, with selection tools or drawing tools. I suggest you look them up in the Photoshop help files, there is a very comprehensive description as well as a number of methods of creating and working with them.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.