PDA

View Full Version : AE plug in's for shake?

mushkin
06-10-2005, 08:41 PM
IS there a program that can use AE plug in's inside of shake? this sucks I should have gone DF...bah I think I am LOL

Aneks
06-11-2005, 06:44 AM
go to highend2d.com and download AE for shake !

Besides if you have shake what plugins do you need to use ?

mushkin
06-11-2005, 04:58 PM
There is one that I really want to use and it called T etch...

mushkin
06-11-2005, 05:06 PM
http://www.strangebrain.com/AE_Shake.php

Is that what your talking about?

I wanted to use Tinder's in shake like the 70+ that are for after effects...I think I am going to sell my shake and my Imac and get a PC with DF...since DF get's the getarts the monsters and all AE plug in's because it has a ae import thing.... :bounce:

I don't want to learn shake for comp and AE for effect bah bah bah....DF5 is comeing out soon too... :D

janimatic
06-12-2005, 07:03 AM
Hey!

What can't be done through macro and need compilation has probably been done here :
with shake you can use
- genart Sapphire
- Revision (retimer morph and warp tools)
- Tinder Foundry
- algolith
- Primatte, Keylight, Ultimatte
and there are many others that i don't use..

So the best plug in makers did port it to shake (of course : it come with a great SDK!!!)
In you case you need to buy Tinder to install T_Etch !!

mushkin
06-12-2005, 04:15 PM
THEY DON"T MAKE IT FOR SHKE... :banghead:

Aneks
06-12-2005, 04:37 PM
Not sure if the latest version of tinder for shake inlcudes t_etch as they don't have tinder where I'm working, but it was definately there in the version of tinder that I used way back on windows in shake 2.51. Here is the link for the new version :

http://www.thefoundry.co.uk/pkg_overview.aspx?ui=844750A6-6FBE-4056-9B27-7C6F707B7E22

email thefoundry maybe they can do a point release or port the old code somehow. I seem to remember hearing that they had awsome customer support !

otherwise there is definately ways of making that same effect in shake without selling up and moving to another app.

But if you really want to give it up how much do you want for your shake licence ?

mushkin
06-13-2005, 01:15 AM
You don't need to post a link and why the hell would you If I am talking about T-Etch I think I know the link/web page/thats why I asked...because IT IS NOT MADE FOR SHAKE AND IF YOU FOLLOW YOUR LINK YOU KNOW THAT TOO.

But any ways na I want to go back to windows any ways...

because I really want to be able to do that effect that cmi did in flame useing the speed six and what not...I don't want to learn after effects I am....BAH

:banghead:

janimatic
06-13-2005, 09:37 AM
hey mushkin!

i use tinder plugins often in shake (both 2.51 NT or 3.5 mac/linux) ! believe us!
regards

Aneks
06-13-2005, 10:54 AM
You don't need to post a link and why the hell would you If I am talking about T-Etch I think I know the link/web page/thats why I asked...because IT IS NOT MADE FOR SHAKE AND IF YOU FOLLOW YOUR LINK YOU KNOW THAT TOO.

You ever stop to think that maybe someone on this list knows what they are talking about and is trying to help you..............Just out of kindness

I have had a look at the cvivfx video and there is nothing in that video that cannot be acheived EASILY USING THE BASIC INSTALL OF SHAKE WITHOUT ANY PLUGINS !

because I really want to be able to do that effect that cmi did in flame useing the speed six and what not...I don't want to learn after effects I am....BAH

Regaudless of the availability of certain filters within the tinder for shake pack, (there are 9 shown on the site, maybe there are more in the pack !?!?) I think you need to clam down, and rethink your approach to this. Plugins are not the only way to acheive graphic results in a compositing package. Having used tinder in the past I can assure you that you could very easily replicate an effect like 'T etch very' easily and effectively using the tools you have at your disposal.

But any ways na I want to go back to windows any ways...

I don't want to learn after effects I am....BAH

You seem to be talking about a whole other problem here. If you want a techique for replicating an effect then I am happy to talk about a solution. If you want a 'plug-in' or one button node that creates the effect for you either learn to build macros or use a colourX and write one for yourself.

mushkin
06-13-2005, 08:10 PM
I downloaded the demo and all I got was 9 so I am guessing when I say if I buy them I am still getting 9. I have email them but the never reply even with the word BUY in the title...

also

That effect in flame... I talked to chris at CMI and he told me that it could not be done...and beeker on the forums said he could do it but when I asked him he also never replyed...

So sine I am the home user and you guys seem to be the masters

Then plz tell me how I can do that effect along with how to do E-etch...

sorry for being a dick Its that people also tell me its easy it can be done in shake but knowone ever "SHOW's ME"

:cry: :cry: :cry:

SalaTar
06-13-2005, 11:32 PM
http://www.thefoundry.co.uk/dl_image.aspx?fn=T_Etch1.jpg

http://www.thefoundry.co.uk/images/spacer.gifhttp://www.thefoundry.co.uk/dl_image.aspx?fn=T_Etch2.jpg

T_Etch

T_Etch simulates a hand drawn picture using charcoals. Lines are drawn along edges and cross hatching is used to fill in regions

Why bust chops over it?
Use AFX plugin in AFX then tweak

mushkin
06-13-2005, 11:40 PM
so I should buy after effects and then buy tinder so I can use that one plug in...no

how do you do it in shake...

plz

SalaTar
06-14-2005, 12:10 AM
so I should buy after effects and then buy tinder so I can use that one plug in...no

Should you purchase Shake and be unaware that it dont use AFX plugins?..no...

Could you do it in Shake ?I would say yes,but either through a language barrier or just a real attitude you may have no options left now

mushkin
06-14-2005, 01:07 AM
I bought it right after deplyment at the time I did not know about all the great plug in's for all the systems...I also that that since shake was the best all around there would have been more plugs for them...I knew it did not use AE...bought it anyways...I'm glad to see you got it working and maybe one day I will be able to do it too...

:banghead:

mushkin
06-18-2005, 07:03 PM
does anyone know how the above man did that effect?

janimatic
06-19-2005, 12:05 AM
type in the command line :
shake -help T_Etch
it says :

-t_etch [style] [outLineThreshold] [outLineDensity]
[outLineSoftness] [outLineLength] [outLineSeparation]
[shadeThreshold] [shadeDensity] [shadeSoftness]
[shadeLength] [shadeSeparation] [backgroundR]
[backgroundG] [backgroundB] [backgroundA] [penColourR]
[penColourG] [penColourB] [penColourA] [seedWith] [seed]
[boostPixelSeed] [blankThreshold] [method]
[blendPercent] [effectGain] [sourceGain]
[sourceXEdgeMethod] [sourceYEdgeMethod]

But in the Tinder plugin's icon the nema is not T_Etch but simply "Etch"..
Here is a picture :
http://animatic.no-ip.com/pub/dev/shake/Etch.jpg

mushkin
06-19-2005, 02:51 PM
Like I said I am a newbi...

what does all that mean I am useing demo of tinder so...also I only have 9 of the plug in's how is it that you have all the the rest...? :banghead:

Hugh
06-20-2005, 08:21 AM
He's using Tinder 1:

http://www.brokenpipefilms.com/hugh/images/tinder1.jpg

and you're using Tinder 2:

http://www.brokenpipefilms.com/hugh/images/tinder2.jpg

Everything from Tinder 1 is still available in Tinder 2, but a lot of nodes have now been combined into one.

mushkin
06-20-2005, 08:28 PM
so were would I find it on T2

Hugh
06-21-2005, 08:11 AM
After I posted my reply, I had a look through to figure that one out (as I knew you'd ask...)

haven't got a clue, I'm afraid - might be worth asking the Foundry about it (in fact, I'm probably going to be seeing some of the guys from there tomorrow, so I'll ask them myself....)

mushkin
06-21-2005, 06:46 PM
Plz do because thats not the only one I can't find hell I can't find any of the so called OLD ones'

edit

they really need to update the fuc*ing support page there sell's page and answer the E-mail's when people like me put the word BUY in the topic and never get a reply... :rolleyes:

mushkin
06-24-2005, 09:01 PM
Should you purchase Shake and be unaware that it dont use AFX plugins?..no...

Could you do it in Shake ?I would say yes,but either through a language barrier or just a real attitude you may have no options left now

ok I give up...just how did you do that? I have spent about 10 hours on that and I can't seem to figer it out...
:cry:

SalaTar
06-25-2005, 01:26 AM
T_Etch1 = T_Etch(0, 0, 10, 10, 0.5, 5, 2, 50, 10, 3, 15, 15, 1,
1, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0.5, 0, "screen", 50, 100, 100,
"reflect", "reflect");

// User Interface settings

SetKey(
"nodeView.T_Etch1.t", "0",
"nodeView.T_Etch1.x", "462",
"nodeView.T_Etch1.y", "255.5"
);

"Everything from Tinder 1 is still available in Tinder 2, but a lot of nodes have now been combined into one"

hmmm I dont think so. :D
Please elaborate

mushkin
06-25-2005, 03:18 PM
I have no idea what the above code is maybe someone can de code it for me...

here is a E-mail I got from them

Thank you for your email. Sorry to hear that you have emailed us before,
but have not received a reply.

Tinder for Discreet, After Effects and AvidDS have proved very popular
with customers. However, Tinder 1.0 for Shake was never taken up in the
same way. I think there were a number of reasons for this. Some Tinder
effects can be constructed from Shake nodes and wrapped up in macros.
Most Shake users at the time were working on films and Tinder plug-ins
were less applicable to the work they were doing (unlike Furnace which
has proved very popular on Shake). Also the Tinder 1.0 plug-ins did not
support floating point. The cost of supporting 50+ Tinder 1.0 plug-ins
across multiple versions of Shake on up to 4 different operating systems
proved not to be viable and support for it was dropped some time ago in
favour of a more manageable and reduced set of plug-ins. Although there
are only 9 plug-ins in Tinder 2.0 they are much improved versions of the
ones in Tinder 1.0 and they also support rendering in floating point.
The plug-ins we chose was based on customer feedback and T_Etch is not
one of them.

The Shake customer base is changing and we continue to monitor this
market and requests from customers. If the demand is there for more
Tinder plug-ins on Shake we will schedule the development in. But at the
moment, we have no plans to port more Tinder plug-ins to Shake.

We wrote our Tinderbox plug-ins specifically for After Effects. We have
not had the resources to be able to properly support customers on
Combustion. However, we do have some customers who have tried Tinderbox
for After Effects on Combustion and are happy with the results. Having
said that, we do have plans to improve our Tinderbox plug-ins and as
part of that work we intend to support other hosts like Combustion. We
have just taken on another software test engineer and are in the process
of hiring another software engineer. This should allow us to properly
develop for and support these additional platforms.

We recently updated our web site to make it clearer and quicker to
navigate and we also incorporated a web shop to allow customers to buy
(or rent) plug-ins. I'm very disappointed you don't like it and your
reasons are not clear to me. We are constantly striving for customer
satisfaction, please can you tell us how we should improve it.

Your comments and feedback are greatly appreciated but I'm sorry we
can't help you with T_Etch on Shake.

Kind Regards

Rob

janimatic
06-26-2005, 03:03 AM
thank you for forwarding the message...

i like the answer

"Some Tinder effects can be constructed from Shake nodes and wrapped up in macros."
Well i am not sure if that would be that efficient to do Etch equivalent in a macro... i think it is better to use a precompiled plug in for that (it's not just the outline made of edge -> turbulance there are also some random long lines which looks precomputed in the middle of shapes... It's possible to do something near though)

Hugh
06-27-2005, 09:12 AM
"Everything from Tinder 1 is still available in Tinder 2, but a lot of nodes have now been combined into one"

hmmm I dont think so. :D
Please elaborate

I was assing on something I'd heard from someone else here when we moved up to Tinder 2. I was wrong. My apologies for that.

CGTalk Moderation
06-27-2005, 09:12 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.