PDA

View Full Version : THE BIG CHASE SIGNUP LIST: Post here those who are looking for partners/teams

RobertoOrtiz
06-10-2005, 08:16 PM
Post on this thread if you are interested in working with a partner/team
on the BIG CHASE 2 minute film.

Who knows it might be cool to have a Permiere competing against a Shake team.!

Anyway, if you are interested just post so people who are looking for teammates can PM you:

Name:
Program:
What you want to do:
-R

Abhimation
06-11-2005, 12:40 AM
K...itll be great to joinup a team for the ANIMATED SHORT.

M Animator with 3 years of experience and would prefer to work in Maya, Max isint a problem too. Anyone who wishes to join...please PM

Isint 2 minutes tooo muchhh to do till July 15th ??

scotttygett
06-11-2005, 06:23 AM
If you're an animator without a lot of textures, rigs, models and funny bits, but you've got time and some unearthly gnawing making you animate, isn't it great us meeting here?

(Now I've got an idea for an animated personals dating forum short...)

I just don't have the time to make a short this time around, though I've done it before and failed miserably more than once. It's not easy. As a matter of fact I sort of reommend doing an animation with a snail and a fire hydrant where they're in a race, and turn that in as your other finished entry, to get it out of the way.

I can give you guys a taste of what I like here:

http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/WritingComedy/message/4788

BUT we can't use anything from that, because the rules expressly forbid anyone starting early, except for having models and probably environments.

So, get to know me, if you use LightWave or Polytrans or just want to download some models for you to rig and animate.

So, let me know what interests you when the actual official topic is announced, I presume the 14th or thereabouts, and if it doesn't come together, oh well. I have models with morf targets, textures, etc., but no dial-up, so maybe I should mail the files while we hash out the soundtrack the first week. If you want me to lend a hand rigging, etc.,, either own a Polytrans-like set-up or work with LightWave. LightWave can import 3ds, but only you guys know how well or if it can export things you like.

If you want to work with humanesque creatures, I have the same collection most folks do these days of public domain royalty-free objects (a few in this picture aren't, I just needed to create a scene file with all my head objects in one place and this was the render):

http://photos.groups.yahoo.com/group/WritingComedy/lst

Click on the "Scott Tygett" folder.

I like realistic people, and after making that picture, have pretty much decided to buy a better head, but maybe someone has a better one they can give me...if you need a good donkey, maybe I can still help you, but for some stuff, if I can't bring anything to the table, maybe you'll find some use for me as a mascot?

Scott Tygett
Feel free to private mail me here...
or reply to this thread

Quizboy
06-11-2005, 11:14 AM
I'm totally down to get into something cool, although my time is limited and there's now way i'll get something done on my own. But I can write a good under 2 minute short...I can conceptualize the shots. I'm sure I won't have time for modeling or animating...maybe we can come up with partly animated, partly composited images idea.

I have a friend who does music for commercials, works in a top-notch studio - so if we finish a good enough rough version to send to him at least 1 1/2 week before our deadline I'm sure he can bang us out some top quality music to go with our piece.

(Some guy up there said we don't get the topic 'til the 14th - is that true? I thought we had the topic already...THE BIG CHASE - is there more to it coming?)

------------
Ok, anyway if you'd like to work with me my taste is SIN CITY. Adult. Photoreal where possible. Graphic violence if needs be. Nudity and Sex if it's fitting and fun. No sex or violence if that's what's fitting. Certainly not for the kiddies, but over-the-top as if for kiddies. Over-the-top for adults. Tarantino. From the Animatrix I liked Kid's Story and World record best.

I'd prefer animation 'cause I see no reason to abide by the laws of physics, or even pretend like anything is real. Live action only if we can then break those laws. A magazine page come to lif would be cool. High energy.

If you want to get with this kind of vibe, let me know and I'll let the juices start flowing.

Abhimation
06-11-2005, 11:54 AM
Ok Guys..

I spoke to a couple of my friends into Animation as well as Character setup. And we both can work out on the thing.

Our taste of a ANIMATED SHORT is a funny and cartoony lookin thing. Involving 2 or maximum of 3 characters ( keepin the time in the mind, itll be better if we dont complicate it much and rather concentrate on the story telling).

So the Animation, Character Setup and Rendering too is what we both can handle. So itll be great to have a couple of guys into -

1) Storywrinting, storyboarding.
2) Modelling, Shading and lighting(prefferred in Maya).

Suggestions about the story are most welcome and lets form a team and get this thing rolling..

Quizboy
06-11-2005, 07:36 PM
I slept, I woke up and thought of an idea or two.

Green Stick figure in a city of green stick figures is finding his location using a "tamtam" device. As he follows the intructions, there become less and less green sticks around until he's in an isolated location, seemingly lost. He follows the device some more, then looks up and he's surrounded by blue sticks. They chase him. He uses his "tamtam" to navigate his way to safety, to little avail. Lots of action, and finally he gets away to the green section just in the nick of time. Green Sticks face off with Blue Sticks at the border to the city, Greens protecting their own, niether crossing the line. PAN UP to an apartment above the street which straddles the line. On the balcony a half green, half blue stick boy (Blue Mom and Green Dad visible in background) giggles with his "tamtam jammer" remote in hand. The green Stick tosses his "tamtam" in the trash.

Well, I like Sticks. and they're easy to animate, texture, and render.

Adamos
06-11-2005, 10:15 PM
Sounds pretty fun!

Any conceptart needed?

Quizboy
06-12-2005, 11:25 AM
Sounds pretty fun!

Any conceptart needed?

If you are responding to the Stick idea, then we could use concept art to start figuring out how the environments will need to look and how much modeling it will take to make the story happen.

We basically need the Green part of the city, the Blue part of the city, and we need the apartments which are 50% split on the dividing line between the two parts of the city.

for the reference for Stick just use my avatar.

Quizboy
06-12-2005, 11:38 AM
and if there's a rigger/animator who likes this idea and wants to move quickly then you could start by making Stick and rigging him, and making the cute half-breed Stick kid and rigging him.

i have a rigged Stick, but this was when i was learning to rig and I don't think it's good enough. I could send you my rigged Stick to give you an idea of what I was going for. just send me PM

ChrisBG
06-13-2005, 05:36 AM
Hey,

I'm a director/composer who is interested in working on a film. If anyone needs a director or composer when please let me know.

Name: Chris Hurn
email: chrishurn@gmail.com
or PM

Cheers,

-Chris

samh
06-13-2005, 06:18 AM
I just posted some storyboards of one idea for a short animated film. http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=249069

If this idea grabs anyone let me know. Otherwise I will be working on it myself in max, premeir elements, photoshop and sonar.

The basic concept is an athlete racing himself, chasing his own personal best time.

open for c&c please.

Thanks
samh

.:ZRDwD:.
06-14-2005, 01:57 PM
Do you live in North Carolina, USA?
Better yet... do you live in the Piedmont Triad region?

If you do, your help will be greatly appreciated.
My girlfriend, as usual, won't make it up to where I live to do this project. Therefore, I will be needing a camera operator.

I was planning on meeting either in Winston-Salem or my place in King (north or W-S) and I can drive us to the 'filming location' of Pilot Mountain.
Task may consist of getting mud spattered if it happens to had rain (which is all the time here).
If you have an additional cam, that would be great, but not necessary. Experience isn't questionable; if you have one eye, two arms, and can run at the same pace... that's all I can ask for!

I have everything set 'in my head' and won't put anything down until I find my cam person, nor post up a WIP thread until then. If you need a storyboard, I can whip one up very quick and link you. If interested and are a reliable person who can handle this in an estimated 12 hours time (12P-12A) plus pizza (on my tab), then I'll post the thread.

LOCAL MEMBERS ONLY, PLEASE.

heroinchicmodel
06-15-2005, 06:59 AM
Hi everyone,

I wanna try out this 2-min film competition. It'll be fun! My only requirement for me, is that I really want to work with a person that lives by my area. It's good to have a person physically there, that mutually believes in the project you're working on, and shares the same ebullience. Plus it's a good way to serendipitously find things that might work out well in the end.

I live in Davis, CA. Willing to commute to Sacramento, or anywhere near Davis if you're good. And I do all of my work on a laptop with 512 RAM, not even DDR ram, so it might be good if my teammates had access to some heavier firepower. I know pretty much all the apps well enough: Maya, Max, ZBrush, Combustion, but especially XSI. So if I get set in a big team, put me on compositing, cause I'll like that work most, and I'm sure you'll like it that way too. Other film pertinent skills I have: flamenco/classical guitar skills, mandolin skills, violin, and piano (though I'm not so good I can read something on sight immediately), I just have a general good taste for music that goes with film.

And I'm not excluding artists, or actors/actresses (by that I mean non-technical people) either as teammates. I just want a person that has full weekends to kill, and has great inspiration. I AM however, excluding "just directors" as teammates. You have to contribute a bit more than telling me what to do if you want to work with me.

You can find my e-mail on my website (preferred)
PM me
or AIM me at smileybuttcakes

This trailer for a pet project of mine pretty much sums up my ability:
(though it's still WIP!!)

http://www.animationproductionteam.com/cut (http://www.animationproductionteam.com/cut)

http://www.animationproductionteam.com/cut/danny.jpg

scotttygett
06-17-2005, 11:03 AM
I'm still noodling around.

Is anyone into SF? Like a rocket-bike ride to a telescope orbitting the moon? With a political comedy angle a la "Team America?"

If not, I've got a couple of non-character narratives I'm toying with.

And I'm roughing a sort of M. Night Shamlayan toon concept where one or both of the characters who are interested in dating are aware of immortality permeating them.

Here's a test for the non-character piece:

RobertoOrtiz
06-22-2005, 04:13 PM
Hey scott, do you need a modeler?

Drop me a line.

-R

Nu Elemental
07-21-2005, 02:12 PM
Is anyone in the Boston area forming a team for this?

Im curious and I think I would like to be a part of this. My skills are primarily in modeling in Maya and Modo. I also have experience in Avid, Premier, After Effects, and Vegas. I have filmed, directed, and edited my own short film in the past.

You can check out my portfolio at www.SpecsComic.com/portfolio... though it is due for an update as I have produced a lot more work in the past 6 months.... especially in the characer modeling area.

If no one in my area has started a team, but would like to send me a Private message.

Thanks,
Luke

CGTalk Moderation
07-21-2005, 02:12 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.