PDA

View Full Version : Some Ornatrix help please ?

Jamaludin
06-10-2005, 02:20 PM
Heya just got Ornatrix the demo 14 day trial,and was toying with it ( GREAT TOOL ! ) but I just cant seem to get my hair to look good I did the tutorial from the site, and did already use detail but still my hear just aint right at all, strange artifacts and I just cant get a better result.. any help at this please ? ow Im using Final Render to render the picture out...

p.s. dont mind the ugly model and picture its just a composotion preperation...

http://www.remtek.net/0/Jamaludin/default/images/04/137.png

Jamaludin
06-11-2005, 12:38 PM
hope I aint doing anything wrong *bump*

yoni-cohen
06-12-2005, 03:58 AM
check hit radius check and round segments or somthing in the environment dialog read about it in the manual it has great examples of what those two are for.
you might want to consider more hair but thinner strands.

good luck ;)

treed
06-12-2005, 04:16 AM
I suggest you to read this, you'll get a better understanding of OX.

http://www.3dluvr.com/content/article/151

Jamaludin
06-12-2005, 08:28 PM
Hey thanks everyone but I did exactly what was in the article thats why I dont understand it the tutorial went wel but not when I did the same for my characters hair and all ? I have thiner strands now but it still doesnt look good, I really dont understand how this can be, it just looks like a bunch of thin polygons now not a least bit like hair...

JeffPatton
06-12-2005, 08:54 PM
I wonder if it could be an Ornatrix/fRender "issue"? How about render the same scene with the Scanline renderer to verify the settings before switching over to Final Render.

Jamaludin
06-12-2005, 09:56 PM
Hey thanks, but nah I wished it was that to, but it doesnt matter which renderer I use, Mental Ray, Scanline, Vray, Final Render, it all does the same. Could it be that because I use a symmetry modifier on my head and havent collapsed the model that the hair placing gets all messed up on two sides of the model?

naMessiah
06-12-2005, 10:28 PM
Try adding an Ox render settings-modifier and lower the global radius in it.

JeffPatton
06-12-2005, 11:36 PM
Hmm, well if it doesn't work with scanline it must be related to the settings your using. I'm assuming you've already viewed the videos I posted in the Ox thread here:
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=233556

Maybe the scale is off on the scene your using now (making the hairs larger than they should be). Is the problem related to this particular scene? What if you start with a new empty scene and put hair on a sphere, what does that render look like?

Jamaludin
06-13-2005, 01:46 PM
Heya thanks allot for all the help dudes and dudettes greatly appreciated. Yes indeed when I do the sphere hair tutorial it looks perfect it looks absolutely great its something about my scene which messes up all the hair I dont know why Ive tried many things already and its driving me crazy this has to be fixed well today haha or else this model will go through it bald haha. Thanks for the video links im gonna see if they help which Im sure they will, THANKS !

Marsel Khadiyev
06-13-2005, 02:32 PM
Hi Jamaludin,

I'm pretty sure you just need to turn hair raidus hit testing on inside Ox fast raytracer (if thats indeed what you're using). Otherwise I'd check the scene scale to make sure that your scale is numerically stable (ie. not super-small). As was mentioned before, try adding render settings modifier and decreasing the thickness.

Cheers,

Marsel

Jamaludin
06-13-2005, 03:57 PM
Hey Im gonna check that right away, but Im using the accurate ray tracer does it have similiar settings. And the scale where can I check that how big or small it is ? Thanks for all the help im pulling out my hair here haha, deadlines are gruwesome !

CGTalk Moderation
06-13-2005, 03:57 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.