PDA

View Full Version : what´s better to animate on 3dsMax?

damesqlo
10-17-2002, 04:08 AM
whats better...? Character Studio or Bones? and what´s the difference between? I´m new, and i want to learn the best and easy technic to animate,....

Thanks...

MosaFacku
10-17-2002, 04:10 AM
well, character studio is easiest to just jump into and start animating.........but being able to make your own rig lets you do whatever you want for whatever character you want.

ed209
10-24-2002, 03:13 AM
Character studio is garbage in my opinion...good if you wan't to do quick and dirty stuff. New version may be better, but the older ones all sucked. Though I know there are allot of diehards out there that love it... I can't see the appeal of it for everyday key frame animation.

AnimBot
10-28-2002, 11:50 AM
Character Studio isn't completely garbage, just mostly. For rigging a bipedal character fast and animating it quickly it can't be beat. Though there is a long list of annoying things about it. If you wan't to learn quick and easy character studio is the way to go. The downside is that you will not be able to apply this method of animation to any other program. You also will not learn how to customize or create your own rig.
Why not learn both? Knowing CS helped me greatly as far as learning to create my own rig. I took things that I liked about CS and applied it to my rigs. I then left out or improved upon what I didn't like. Good luck.

ilasolomon
11-01-2002, 11:31 PM
most of the time i use bone + physique, but if i run out of time i use biped + physique, & IK just for legs/feet, others by FK.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 08:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.