PDA

View Full Version : ::Alternate reality::

lastchild7
06-09-2005, 11:17 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4607449.stm

interesting

DrFx
06-09-2005, 11:25 AM
Beautiful! It's like paintball by Salvador Dalí! Can't wait for this one, and you actually exercise while playing videogames!

FlyByNight
06-09-2005, 07:42 PM
interesting... would have been cool to see some video clips to really see how it works though...

im not sure i get it 100%.... does it superimpose 3d objects onto the otherwise normal background of wherever you are standing??...

anyway i spose its too early to be getiing excited about anything like this...

heavyness
06-09-2005, 07:53 PM
after playing ilovebees and thinking about what the Nintendo DS could do, something like this isn't to far off for everyone. you will no longer be playing video games in your family room.

all the Nintendo DS [or the PSP] needs is a GPS add-on and companies can hold city wide games. be it a scavenger hunt or 'hide n seek.' find your way to a wi-fi spot and dl the next clue.

the GBA already has a camera add-on, so combine that with a GPS add-on and you could superimpose graphics over real time video [except instead of a VR headset, we would be looking through our DS].

there are tons of people out there that play GPS games, soon enough, there will be a lot more...

slaughters
06-09-2005, 07:57 PM
And what will happen when one of those little virtual yellow balls happens to be covering an open manhole cover, small child, on coming car... ?

Lordiego01
06-09-2005, 08:24 PM
And what will happen when one of those little virtual yellow balls happens to be covering an open manhole cover, small child, on coming car... ?

Well then.. I guess it'll be time to re-define the concept of.. Darwinism.

FlyByNight
06-09-2005, 09:19 PM

i guess the people who design the games will have to NOT be complete idiots... then i guess our kids just might be alright.... :shrug:

lastchild7
06-09-2005, 11:11 PM

Then it would be game over.

CGTalk Moderation
06-09-2005, 11:11 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.