PDA

View Full Version : How to adjust light intensity?

Tabby
06-09-2005, 10:05 AM
Hello, i just added a directional light as a backlight (skylight). But i was wondering why i don't see any controls for adjusting the light intensity, just the color. I checked all the light property tabs (shadow, influence, lens flare, etc.), but can't seem to find a control to adjust the intensity of a specific light... can anyone help me out? btw i'm using Vue 4.

Wabe
06-10-2005, 06:41 AM
I have looked for that and didn't found any control. Weird.

The only explanation i see is that maybe the developpers have thought that there is only one directional light possible in a scen. And that is controled by the atmosphere editor. I will raise up this question at e-on i think.

<Pino>
06-10-2005, 09:26 AM
... I am using Vue/5Inf, and to control the intensety of additional light is easy by change a value between black and white in the color panel, this is also in some other applications the way to control the intensety... so Black is no light and more you go to the white value you increase the intensety.

Wabe
06-10-2005, 09:57 AM
Surprise, surprise (not really) - it works. Not as strong as i expected it, but...

Tabby
06-10-2005, 10:44 AM
yah i noticed that too. The problem is, sometimes i want the light to be just as colorful, only stronger. If i change the color value to more white, the light becomes brighter but it also becomes whiter. Neway, i'm glad i'm not the only who thinks this is weird. Hehe, oh someone please enlighten us here! :)

Wabe
06-10-2005, 11:59 AM
I reported all of this to e-on. Hoepfully they will answer!

agiel
06-10-2005, 03:17 PM
Another solution is to make copies of your directional light and keep them all in the same directon. The intensities should add up.

CGTalk Moderation
06-10-2005, 03:17 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.