PDA

View Full Version : glass tutorial with afx5 and caustics

anthonymcgrath
10-16-2002, 12:37 PM
Finally got my finger out my a$$ and made this tutorial for afx5 using caustic effects to simulate glass effects. Its nothing majorly complex but it got us through a job a while back and can create some complex effects with a bit of forethought.

I've been working with afx for about 8years now and use it pretty much extensively alongside maya and other nonsense. Please leave any response you may have about the tutorial should you bother to dl it and check it out!!!

thanx
anth
newcastle
uk

I've encompassed the link to the afx project and source images along with the actual tutorial here:

afx5 glass tutorial with caustic plugin (http://www.anthonymcgrath.netfirms.com/glasstutorial.zip)

eudemonie
10-26-2002, 03:14 PM
thank you! thats realy great!

Ian Jones
10-26-2002, 06:46 PM
hey there,

I would give you a comment if I could but it wont unzip. It keeps telling me it is not a valid archive. I've tried several d-loads too.

ah well... :(

fred
10-26-2002, 07:59 PM
do you need some special plugin for this. when i try to open it, it says it canīt find the caustic effect. maybe thatīs due to the fact that i use a german version? if it really is a special plugin where can i get it - and how much is it?

thanks!

Troub
10-26-2002, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Ian Jones
hey there,

I would give you a comment if I could but it wont unzip. It keeps telling me it is not a valid archive. I've tried several d-loads too.

ah well... :(

Had the same problem, try with rightklick and save target...that way it worked for me.

anthonymcgrath
10-26-2002, 10:28 PM
woops. sorry about that. I guess you gets what you pays for with free webspace huh?
well, if the method that Troub suggested works then thats cool. The caustic plugin is available off the adobe website.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.