PDA

View Full Version : Dacoit_concept Street Motorbike, Nitin Khosa (3D)

nitindesign
06-06-2005, 03:07 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/gallerycrits/173459/173459_1118023632_medium.jpg

Title: Dacoit_concept Street Motorbike
Name: Nitin Khosa
Software: Maya, Photoshop

http://nitindesign.com/nitindesign_1000wide.jpg

This is my original concept motorbike design which is based on a sketch I did few years ago. I called this bike DACOIT.
Dacoit?
"Dacoit" - dacoit: (dȧ*koit"), n. One of a class of robbers, in India, who act in gangs and are usually armed.
In the case of this bike I hope that it's armed with some style and evilness.
The last image in the "high resolution" link has my old sketch on which I based this new updated design.
Some info-
* Dacoit is a one seater street bike for posers ...it's not a full blown sports bike.
* The front of the bike symbolizes a hooded man (robber/thief) with his eyes/face/headlights under the hood. The fluidity of the sweep is contradicted with the clean chop/cut of the front of the hood.
* The back of the bike is short to enhance "man sitting on an engine" concept and to give it an evil Hyena like feel...short ass.
* The knee hugs the orange circle area.
* There are 2 adjustable foot rests...one for "leaning in posture" and the other for "upright posture".
Handle bar can be custom adjusted.
Anyway it's a concept bike so please enjoy and I would love to hear your comments on any aspect of this bike ranging from design, lighting, rendering to composition.
Thanks

Invid
06-06-2005, 06:01 AM
Man that thing looks like it could hold a Viper V10 under there :) Also the headlights seem to be pointing down instead of straight ahead which is where you'd want the light to be cast.

Tilstrom
06-06-2005, 06:03 AM
Insane work man, this is absolute class. :twisted:

xcvbnm
06-06-2005, 06:05 AM
Looks Hot to me. :love:
Well done. :thumbsup:

ashakarc
06-06-2005, 07:19 AM
Beautiful rendering and design!

congrats

nachogrande
06-06-2005, 07:22 AM
Wow. It would be nice to ride this one indeed. Nice concept and renders.

durbdk
06-06-2005, 07:57 AM
Looking really good, just got one question about your design. It seems to me that the shape you used for the fairing would cause a tremendous amount of air friction, thereby hurting the bikes performance. I'm talking about the way you have the nose flat, just seems ill-advised. have you thought about this or designed for it? I'd be interested t hear if you have. But regardless, terrific job! http://cgtalk.com/images/smilies/thumbsup.gif

bearfoot
06-06-2005, 08:25 AM
Hey nitin

looks great !!! excellent deisgn and renderings !!

did u take a little of the grain away ? i think it helped a little..

will email u soon !!

keep up the great work !!

ilusiondigital
06-06-2005, 09:24 AM
I want a motorbyke like this, order now!!

Fantastic design and very very well done :thumbsup:

THECLYKE
06-06-2005, 09:25 AM
THIS IS BY FAR THE SICKEST MOTO I HAVE SEEN TO DATE...YOU SHOULD SELL THE PLANS TO HONADA,YAHMAHA,SUZUKI...GET SOME SERIOUS CASH MAN....AND I HOPE I'M NOT THE FIRST TO SAY THAT

GREAT JOB:thumbsup:

vampeta
06-06-2005, 09:27 AM
Dam! this is looking realy good!!

I want to hit the street with this one, or maybe exchange it with my old Jamaha :scream: Hahahaha

Great Job!!:thumbsup:

Dizzy Boy
06-06-2005, 09:35 AM
Hi Nittin,

I love this design, very aggressive looking :thumbsup:

Dizzy Boy

nitindesign
06-06-2005, 10:05 AM
Just want to clear that the mesh you see in the "making of Dacoit...." article looks dense because I had issues with MR so I used "collapse hierarchy". Later I lost most of my original un-collapsed files in HD failure but as the model was almost complete I continued with the collapsed backed up version.
The original model was not dense but more like this (these are the only bits I have left from the original base model)-

http://nitindesign.com/dude1.jpg

http://nitindesign.com/dude2.jpg

http://nitindesign.com/dude3.jpg

It's the 1st time I have posted my artwork here and boy it makes/made me NERVOUS!
Seems like it's not going to be a complete disaster :-O
I want to thank everyone who has or will reply in the future for taking the time to type their comments. I will reply to each one of you as I feel that is the right thing to do ;-)

Invid thanks man for taking the time to answer ;-)
The actual transparent headlight cover is pointing down but not the actual light beam/light reflector inside the casing.
I had it like that to have it visually lined up to the "side view" fairing angle plus to mimic an evil person who always looks down due to guilty conscience ;-)

Viper V10 engine! you crazy? Pure evilness only on this bike! No tiny baby V10 engine on this beast ;-P (kidding)

Tilstrom thanks man.

Psan thanks. I guess you know the word Dacoit/Daku better than most ;-)

ashakarc thanks

oDaYWaLKeRo thanks. I will hand deliver one of these to you ;-)

durbdk yes the front is quiet open. I did think about it but decided to go this way for visual reasons and to give the impression that the engine is such an evil beast that it needs lot of air fed/rammed into it. It's as if this evil best swallows all the air and spits it out through the side slits and the four exhaust pipes. (two under the seat the other two at the bottom of the bike. I also chose this route as it's a "concept" street bike rather than a performance sports bike. From a pure engineering point of view it would have been better if I had enclosed the front more but hey pure engineering will make the world square ;-) I guess I can address it when it's production time in my dreams ;-)
Thanks for answering.

bearfoot You got me thinking and I reduced the noise/grain. I like the grainy/arty feel but you were right that for this product less grain would be better ;-)Thanks man.

THE CLYKE thanks man for the thumbs up. I like the design but it's not all that and I can't stand it anymore. As soon as I finish something I start hating it :-O

vampeta vielen Dank (spoken in broken kindergarten German :-)

Dizzy Boy Cool aggressive and evil is what I want people to think when they see this bike ;-)
Thanks

3dmiao
06-06-2005, 01:05 PM
:bounce: really love it!! nice design and great modell and render (****)

dave-3d
06-06-2005, 01:07 PM
Well done ! :thumbsup: The background info helps greatly in seeing how you approached this !

Nothing to really crit - except perhaps the brake discs are too shiny (chromed !) ... which might make slowing down more "interesting" .. :)

D.

kage-maru
06-06-2005, 01:13 PM
Man I finally see it in the gallery and I quote the others: very good work not only on the render (that is perfect for your image) but also on the study of its design.

4 stars from me :applause:

JASdj
06-06-2005, 02:25 PM
:bounce: My congratulations, thats realy good!
I like all the design that you create, especially the forks, the fairling and the lights, I like the colors ( the orange is very especial because have a natural energy and make a good contrast warm-cold whith the metal) I can notice that you mind the details.

Good work!! 4 stars for you! think you the motor that you put inside...?? Im enjoy only whith thinking!

Sorry for my english!:shrug:

nachogrande
06-06-2005, 02:59 PM
Beyond your terrific design and render I find something a little disturbing: The name of the bike "Dacoit" sounds and written very similar to "Ducati" Just a personal thought :)

nitindesign
06-06-2005, 03:20 PM
Beyond your terrific design and render I find something a little disturbing: The name of the bike "Dacoit" sounds and written very similar to "Ducati" Just a personal thought :)

Dacoit---> Ḍakait/Dacit/Daku (all 4 are from each other) they are ancient Hindi/Sanskrit words and have nothing to do with the Italian Ducati. These words were used long before motorbikes even existed ;-)

My reason for choosing that name was in no way for associating the bike with Ducati. Initially I chose Bandit but that name was already taken by Suzuki.
So I decided to look for Hindi/Sanskrit names with similar meaning as Bandit ;-) hence Dacoit.

The pronunciation is not same to me. You can hear it here-

http://www.answers.com/topic/dacoit

If some people find it too close then it was definitely not intentional ;-)
I am a very strong believer of originality so I would not have done such a thing knowingly.

cermit
06-06-2005, 03:27 PM
amazing design

air tiger
06-06-2005, 03:31 PM
nice design! I love the elegance and simplicity of it all. it really flows and looks super fast. bravo!

xcvbnm
06-06-2005, 05:23 PM
Psan thanks. I guess you know the word Dacoit/Daku better than most ;-)
I know the word and it rocks :), but I could tell only after reading your description of it, because of its 'anglofication'. Even I thought that its inspired by Ducati a bit, at first. :D

Post the wires, if you can please.

nicolasambrosio
06-06-2005, 05:38 PM
nice design, i really like it :thumbsup:

HocusPocus
06-06-2005, 05:45 PM
really amazing concept design!
It has a lot of movement in a very agressive line...
Congrats!:thumbsup:

aphexx
06-06-2005, 05:55 PM
hello nitin.
this is a great machine, perhaps not for the hells angels but james bond ;)
good presentation and the colors are also great.

the design is very awesome. because there is a clean concept and the visuals are great implemented. my favorite is the orange spot for the knees in correspondence to the wheels and the hood and the "gill slits". very great solution and choice of the colors. its modern but not fictive. this bike would be a real seller i bet.
the short ass is simply a rocker. :buttrock: and the brake discs are killer!
thats a design.
perhaps turn down the reflections on the presentation plate.

i give you 5 serious stars

LiQ
06-07-2005, 03:13 AM
Woah, sell the plans indeed! I'd like to see a few of these riding around! :twisted:

Cyborgguineapig
06-07-2005, 04:32 AM
Yeah really wicked design!:thumbsup:

ashishdantu
06-07-2005, 10:31 AM
hi nitin,

ur bike and work is damn good !! yes, you can show it off to honda or yamaha or suzuki !!

they 'd love it every pixel u put there !!!

love it !!

--cheers,

nitindesign
06-07-2005, 12:57 PM
3dmiao- Thanks for your message.

dave_3d- Thanks again and yes brake discs will be fun ;-P

kage_maru- grazie molto

JASdj- thanks for the crit

oDaYWaLKeRo- Thanks man for double crit ;-P

cermit- Thanks

air tiger- Glad you liked it

Psan- Yes Dacoit is the "Englishified" version of "daku" :-)

koony- merci beaucoup

HocusPocus- Thanks man.

sascha henrichs- Thanks for typing all that.

LiQ- Thanks again

Cyborgguineapig- Cool

ashishdantu- Thanks that put a smile on my face :-)

Mind the Gap
06-07-2005, 08:32 PM
Aghhhrrrr i am jealous :twisted:
5 Points

sonix
06-08-2005, 06:22 AM
Okay, the render, modeling and textures are superb. The design is excellent and very original, however there is one thing that's bugging me.

If I were to buy this bike from a shop, I could never ride it. I'm 6'4" tall, I have very long legs.

There's no way I could put my size 16 feet on those pegs without having my knees next to my ears.

Forgive me for this as the rest of the design is excellent, it just doesn't seem possible to ride it in comfort.

If you've ever seen somebody riding one of those mini motos, then you'll know what I mean.

EDIT additional. Having studied the renders again, I think there will be an issue with the lower exhaust pipes too. As soon as the rear swing arm extends downwards, the rear tyre will rub on the pipes. Again sorry for being pedantic,

Sonix.

nitindesign
06-08-2005, 08:03 AM
Hi Sonix,

Thanks for the crit and for taking the time to type all that. I appreciate it ;-)
I will try to answer both your points.

Point II- Ok I opened the Maya file just to be sure before answering. The lower exhaust will not have any problem. What you see is the lowest position of the swing arm. When the bike goes over a bump the swing arm will be moving upwards not downwards. I mean after moving up the swing arm will obviously move back down but not lower than where it is now.

If you look at image 4 on the high rez render then you will see that there is sufficient clearance between the lower exhaust pipes and the swing arm. So I could reduce that space even by 50% and there still won't be any problem as the swing arm would be moving up not down.

I have a *working scale model of existing bikes in my hand and it confirms what I wrote ie. the swing arm has a lowest and a highest position and it swing between these two positions. What you are seeing in all the render is the lowest possible position of the swing arm.

Point I- Ok in my 1st post I did write that the foot pegs along with the handle bar are fully adjustable. The footpegs can be extended downward + swing/rotate like the minute hand of a watch.
So I am sure we will be able to find an ideal position for you ;-)
If the adjustments are not enough to accomadate your massive frame then we can make some special custom adjustments for you and add bigger foot pegs etc for you at no extra cost ;-)
Failing that medical surgery would be the last option ;-) j/k kidding.

I hope that clears your points?
Thanks mate.

*working scale model- The Burago type where all the parts move like a real bike. I don't mean a real "WORKING" bike ;-)

Okay, the render, modeling and textures are superb. The design is excellent and very original, however there is one thing that's bugging me......

Sonix.

indianartist
06-08-2005, 08:50 AM
hi nice work. realy good work. send ur more work.
i m form mumbai.i m new in forum.

ashishdantu
06-08-2005, 08:54 AM
hi ppl,

i see the point what nd_studio is trying to clarify.

i guess this is the flexibility of this being a concept bike < AKA > custom bikes which can be customized to anyone's needs.. say i'm 1.5 mts in width !! *(ha ha ..) but still nd_studio will have to come up with a good variation to seat me ...

can you pls post an image of ur working model ??

cheers

nitindesign
06-08-2005, 12:30 PM
can you pls post an image of ur working model ??

cheers

oops sorry "my bad" < (1st time I am using this internet slang "my bad" :)
I meant a scaled "made in Italy/China" model of existing motorbikes that you can buy ;-)
By working I meant that the detailed models where the shock absorbers, swing arms, handle bars move and behave like a real bike. I did not mean working as in a real full size model LOL! ;-)
You know like the Burago car models...

Maxter
06-08-2005, 06:11 PM
Great motorcycle concept... i really like your design, very solid:thumbsup:

Samurai Hack
06-08-2005, 09:52 PM
Excellent modeling and rendering but I wouldn't want to ride it. With a front end like that, it would be impossible to keep the front down.... Nice work.

sonix
06-09-2005, 12:13 AM
nd_studio, many thanks for the explaination. I've been thinking about your bike today as it happens and about my post. I also discussed it with my brother who is an avid bike enthusiast.

On reflection the swingarm would be at it's lowest, with it rising as you sit on the bike, as you have very kindly explained.

I regret to say I didn't see your explanation of the adjustable foot pegs and handle bar, so apologies for that.

So I withdraw my earlier comments, as you have designed the bike with them in consideration.

Excellent work as I said before. :thumbsup: (5* worthy indeed.)

Sonix.

nitindesign
06-09-2005, 05:55 PM
Mind the Gap- Thanks for the 5 points.

indianartist- Thanks for the comment. Yes I plant to put up more stuff in the future.
My aim is to win CG award this year. This was my 1st attempt that looks to have failed.
I will not give up until I win one ;-)

Maxter - Thanks Maxter.

Samurai Hack- I don't think it will fly.
It's not a sports bike plus the air flows/passes nicely through the side slits after coming in through the front.
Anyway should we rename it the "flying coffin"? :-)

sonix- No problem buddy. Btw did your brother like the bike or not?

sonix
06-09-2005, 11:08 PM
sonix- No problem buddy. Btw did your brother like the bike or not?

Yes he does, he thinks it's brilliant and the render looks very realistic. He's more of a low rider man than super/street bike, but he really likes this. :thumbsup:

Sonix.

Ronzzr11
06-11-2005, 09:56 PM
I must say first of all, that you bike looks great, I,d like to take it for a spin myself !!!.
One detail that no-one has mentioned, is that the bike has a high side area, with all the bodywork, plus the large diameter rim mounted discs. This will cause real problems in side winds, and would make the bike tend to drift out of its lane. I have a Kawasaki ZZr1100 which also has lots of bodywork, so I know all about what a side wind can do !!!

Ronzzr11

nitindesign
06-12-2005, 01:54 AM
I must say first of all, that you bike looks great, I,d like to take it for a spin myself !!!....

Thanks Ronzzr11.
Near the wheel disc there is a mesh area that allows the air to flow to the other side which helps a little bit.
Yes Kawasaki ZZr1100 has similar side body area. Correct me if I am wrong the Kawasaki's maximum speed is 280kmh. This one is not that fast plus it's more of a status symbol "I look cool" kind of bike that you will use in big cities built up areas where cross wind won't play a big role. It's not a race track type of bike.
That being said if Kawasaki can allow that much side area I guess the non existent imaginary buyer of this bike will have to put up with bit of "Russian roulette" excitment. :)

vampeta
06-28-2005, 07:22 AM
See... what dit i told you?!

Happy new Award!

Cheers Alex

King555
06-28-2005, 08:36 AM
Beautiful rendering !!
But shape top some not agree with to match the person the machine engineering learn!!

nitindesign
06-28-2005, 10:10 AM
See... what dit i told you?!

Happy new Award!

Cheers Alex

I am absolutely speechless! http://cgtalk.com/images/smilies/bouncy.gif
It was my aim to win one by end of this year but to actually win on my 1st attempt and be recognized makes me feel over the MOON!

Thanks to all the people who have e-mailed and congratulated me on the award. It means a lot to me and you all have touched my heart! http://cgtalk.com/images/smilies/love.gif

I also want to thank each one of you who posted feedback on the bike.

I am a very happy man!

On to the next one http://cgtalk.com/images/smilies/twisted.gif

Rigged
06-28-2005, 10:50 AM
This is just Kickass !!

"I got to get one of these"

NCL
06-28-2005, 03:11 PM
Very good!Very cool, I like this design!

PSlin
06-28-2005, 03:39 PM
That's pretty cool..
I wish I had it!

shuu
06-28-2005, 03:49 PM
Awesome design, and ultra rendering :scream:
Just to do some mehanics and dynamics calculating and you coud fly with it!!! :deal:
Nice, nice...

Sinner-Badboy
06-28-2005, 04:33 PM
gooooooooooooooooooooooood

zabardast ... aik dum fit hai .. mujhey bhi chahey .... (hope u can understand it [Urdu/Hindi])

jasbakleo
06-28-2005, 04:39 PM
I'm still new to this site,but I like to say your design concept is exceptional. How long have you had an interest in the design and concept of motorbikes? do you have any other work here in this forum? Again,you do great work and that's one bad ass bike!http://cgtalk.com/images/smilies/thumbsup.gif

Hettinger
06-28-2005, 06:38 PM
Great concept and execution. It has just the feel I think you wanted to convey.

Franz
06-28-2005, 08:20 PM
Nice work,
Greetings from Berlin!
Franz

ferymusica
06-28-2005, 09:20 PM
Very good overall 3d model , nice render , kind of sketchy :D
i would buy the machine for sure :D

only one thing:

the front doesn't really fit to the rest, you have actually a "negative front" (where the lights at) did you tried a model with a outgoing front/nose ?

other than that gj :thumbsup:

fery

GRC
06-28-2005, 10:32 PM
woderfull man , great work .

bravo !

garethcowboy
06-29-2005, 02:31 AM
Great man...he is Revienos or Adriga?forgot the name already...nice eyes,u scratched SD's most important attribute. But every SD doll has a very sharp chin do u agree?So i think here got little bit out'f shape? or intended to do the modifying?

streetsy
06-29-2005, 11:33 AM
The design is impressive and I like the render. If there is any crit it would be the headlights as someone already pointed out. They are pointing at the front wheelguard. Also it would be interesting to see you place a "doll" into the riding position to get a feeling for scale and riding position. It feels a little like the Buell designs with the stocky frame. And the Buell is a very small bike. Would the riding position be uncomfortable as it looks like the rider would be leaning forward onto their wrists. The footpegs appear to be very high cramping the legs too much and restricting the foot movement for changing of gears/back brake. Although you have no pedals so is it an automatic? Sorry if you think I'm taking it too seriously :) It looks great. My favourite view is the back seat and rear tyre from the top 3/4 angle.

Joee
06-29-2005, 11:38 AM
Very original , and great model and render - Fab!

nitindesign
06-29-2005, 01:56 PM
The design is impressive and I like the render. If there is any crit it would be the headlights as someone already pointed out...

The gear change is on the hand grip more visible on the Hi-res link (image 1 and 6) http://nitindesign.com/nitindesign_1000wide.jpg

Regarding the headlight I already pointed out that the light source/light beam/internal reflector beam angle will work fine. The external case/transparent front cover angle is irrelevant.

The footpegs and handle bar are adjustable. Thanks for the very detailed message. Appreciate it. :)

Monkey FunkR
06-29-2005, 02:51 PM
I don't think I would buy one if they were real. ;)

However, I would love to see that thing in a car-chase in a movie!

Nice detail overall, I like the rims and the tires especially!

RomtinErfani
06-29-2005, 07:38 PM
very very nice

mdwsr
06-30-2005, 12:26 AM
This is really good. I would like to take that ride out for a spin!

I agree about the headlight though, it's pointed down a bit too much. Otherwise great!

Gears
06-30-2005, 04:20 AM
I like it alot and i dun think the bike is far from reality.

Try and check this webby if possible ^^
http://www.dodge.com/tomahawk/flash.html

Naseem
06-30-2005, 06:58 AM
i wont think twice buying it if it comes out :P

very good work ;)

madm4tt
06-30-2005, 08:56 AM
Fantastic Concept man..... Awesome modelling....I wanna know all about this project....

What programz did U use dfor model and render?

Bye

HerrKatt
06-30-2005, 04:18 PM
I absolutely love it! The orange colour works great! :)

snowkiwi
06-30-2005, 05:12 PM
Genius color balance.

Rathma
06-30-2005, 11:32 PM
Awesome job, love the style and colour.

FreakyDude
07-01-2005, 12:08 AM
I wouldn't want one. Not that I don't appreciate the design, which rocks, but it seems vastly impractical.

@ gears, checked the link, that bike soen't appeal either, try driving an hour or more on that device, now try that on a regular basis and see how long your spine will support you for the rest of your life.

The hood cuts down performance drastically and it is bound to gather a lot of dirt. It will need a hell of a lot of maintenance on the hood. You don't want dirt piling up near the fork area. Seems like without maintenance, it is gonna corrode very fast.
The lights under the hood are cool as decoration, not as actual lights. lights are there to see AND be seen by your fellow drivers. these lights could be seen because they are to bright. They are to much under the hood to seem practical. How much will anyone see when they approach you from the side? how wide do they shine?

The design is cool, very cool, but i'd put my money on something that does more than look cool.

nitindesign
07-01-2005, 05:53 AM
FreakyDude you are completely entitled to your opinion but the bike is not a production ready bike designed by an engineer for anyone to buy http://cgtalk.com/images/smilies/smile.gif. It's a fantasy/concept bike.
The type you can see maybe in movies, motor shows etc.
concept
n. An abstract idea or notion. Abstract=Not applied or practical.
Fancy- The creative imagination; unrestrained fancy.

For argument sake if the bike was to be taken into production then all the engineering issues you have mentioned can be easily fixed.
Look at this image that I just got out of google. Do you see the headlight from the side view? My lights are exactly same from the side. They are in line with the side silver fairing.

Plus other orange reflectors/parts on the bike are capable of glowing permantly. Like the orange circle with the logo, the edge of the orange strip on the wheel, both the front and back orange indicator can be left on in non-blinking visibility mode.
The side visibility thing is definitely not a deal breaker...atleast for me.

http://nitindesign.com/Monkey.jpg

Regarding the maintenance...if you can afford the "imaginary" price tag I am sure you can keep up the maintenance. When I used to ride my bike I used to clean and pamper it every day http://cgtalk.com/images/smilies/thumbsup.gif

Someone mentioned the angle of the headlight. I will explain once again. The casing and the front cover are pointing down. Not the actual internal light source/reflector/light beam ;-)
Look at this headlight from a Mercedes. The cover is angled upward but all the internal stuff throws the light beam straight and not at the stars http://cgtalk.com/images/smilies/scream.gif

http://nitindesign.com/M.jpg

cyrenevjacob
07-01-2005, 08:36 AM
This is amazing work man!! Your design is outstanding and absolutely fantastic. I sure hope the guys at Honda/ Ducatti see this!! The headlights in front need to be redesigned for practicality or to give it more of that 'Dacoit' (in North India we call 'em 'dakoo'!!!) look!!! Amazing man!!! Keep it up!!!:thumbsup:

sitnikvladimir
07-01-2005, 12:46 PM
Nice Work! Well Done. Moto design is very conceptual.

sitnikvladimir
07-01-2005, 12:48 PM
Mental Ray is good tool for lights ?

kaknet2
07-01-2005, 02:28 PM
Oh ~~~Very goodlooking! Really a past master ! :buttrock:

ashishdantu
07-02-2005, 04:04 PM
Hi Nitin,

your bike is SOLID bike for sadhus!! imagine sadhus with moush and long beards & long jatas >> crusing along on ur bike !! hum prasannn hueee balak -- phir see !!

OM Namashiiivaayy !! :D

cheers,

AzzAnt
07-03-2005, 05:09 PM
That bike is sweet, love the lines.

MEITRIX
07-03-2005, 06:03 PM
i loved 3D modeling, i loved motocycle. and this picec of art got both of those. good work. i like it very much.

britofeliz
07-03-2005, 11:13 PM
MAN I WANT THAT BIKE! SELL IT FOR ME PLEASSEEE PLEAASEEEE
Amazing work. Congrats

ReBootedOne
07-04-2005, 02:53 PM
:bounce: Isso pretty! Way way awwwwesome.
(would type more specifics, but my right hand is in bandages...)
Actually, if I got this far, I would like to say that the overall design is freakin' amazing; so fresh and original!

-eric

mgalik
07-04-2005, 07:08 PM
super work
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

nitindesign
07-05-2005, 03:19 AM
:bounce: Isso pretty! Way way awwwwesome.
(would type more specifics, but my right hand is in bandages...)
Actually, if I got this far, I would like to say that the overall design is freakin' amazing; so fresh and original!

-eric

Thanks for typing "Mr one handed warrior ".http://cgtalk.com/images/smilies/thumbsup.gif Your post put a smile on my face and now I have this mental image of you trying to type...http://cgtalk.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

Ramteen
07-05-2005, 11:23 PM
U really have a self technology man . nice rendering . I think It rendered in mental ray .Its true ?
anyway goodluck ...

nitindesign
07-06-2005, 11:02 AM
The bike was rendered in Maya using MR.

todd4cgi
07-06-2005, 03:56 PM
Beautiful work, nd_studio! :) Inspiring.

In regards to the comment made earlier about grain, the size of the renders are too small to warrant noticable grain. However, it's the one mistake made 99% of the time in 3D photo-realistic renders. NOT adding grain. If in fact you want your render to be "photo"-realistic...add grain.

It's clear a lot of 3D artists have no background in photography. While it's not necessary, it helps when interpreting your ideas to portray "realism". Nothing kills an otherwise excellent "photo-real" render then the lack of grain. If you look at your highest resolution photograph, it still has noticable grain though small it may be. Your mind still picks up on it, even if you consciously don't.

Sorry if this sounds "lecture-y", but, as an aspiring 3D artist myself I hate to see someone's hard work at photo-realism lessened by CG-looking attributes.

nitindesign
07-06-2005, 04:14 PM
Todd thanks for the compliment.

Just to clarify- In your opinion are you happy with the grain on my high resolution image? OR do you think there should be more grain?

todd4cgi
07-06-2005, 04:59 PM
I would say add grain. If you look at "Img_6 of 7" you can see there's definite grain in the cement surrounding your bike. But, on the platform and the bike the grain literally disappears. I realize this "grain" may be within the textures themselves, but, this is the very attribute you want to match. This is the "giveaway" I was talking about. I'm at work, so I didn't immediately notice your link to the hi-rez. (my bad).

Especially when using photo-textures in combination with your own, you want to match the grain showing in your photo-textures since they are in fact real. Even if your textures don't contain a lot of grain, if it's photo-realism you're seeking I can't emphasize enough the importance of grain.

If you get a chance to catch a Sci-Fi Channel movie with CG effects, almost invariably you will find yourself thinking, "Boy, that looks fake." Unfortunately, the budget for those films are around $2 million and they are usually asked to complete effects shots in a week that bigger budget films take months to do. What's the one thing that gives away the CG? No grain. They have this cool looking creature (or ship) flying through the scene but it seems to be separate from the scene. Look again, and you'll see that they didn't match the grain on the CG to the live action backplate.

Like a lot of 3D artists, I too want to bask in the glory of my photoreal work. But, the joy is short-lived if I forget about good ole grain. I find it strange that some 3D artists actually bitch about grain in photo-realism. But, grain can enhance the mood as well as the realism. If it's photo-realism you're looking for? Grain is your friend.

nitindesign
07-06-2005, 07:38 PM
I love grain as well but I reduced it drastically as people were saying that it was too grainyhttp://cgtalk.com/images/smilies/twisted.gif The original image that I had posted was much more grainer. Btw my Nikon DSLR produces nice grainy stuff and I am a big fan of grain http://cgtalk.com/images/smilies/thumbsup.gif

Nishka
07-06-2005, 07:43 PM
Congratulations!!!

I'm an industrial designer, so I know what Im talking about. Your design is very diferent and beautifull. I'd like to watch a model like yours in the street, so...good luck to make it real.

Nishka.

todd4cgi
07-06-2005, 07:45 PM
nd_studio,
Is there a chance I can see your original ("grainer") version? I'd like to see what the fuss was about.

nitindesign
07-06-2005, 07:56 PM
nd_studio,
Is there a chance I can see your original ("grainer") version? I'd like to see what the fuss was about.

I don't think I have it as I have a master PS file with tons of layers/layer sets and I edited away the extra grain layers. I could always recreate but that would be lot of time :shrug: Let me see incase I find a jpg of the old version knocking about.

VKarlsson
07-06-2005, 10:14 PM
Fantastic work man! Very nice colors and really cool design

t7200
07-06-2005, 11:51 PM
Looks great!

cg_abbyz
07-08-2005, 11:12 AM
Awesome work. Looks like "Daku" Nitin Khosa has the perfect "Stallion" for the "loot" thats going to take place in the world of cg.:) Anyways, I love the flow of the bike. Keep it Up.:thumbsup:

Ronzzr11
07-09-2005, 09:50 PM
Thanks Ronzzr11.
Near the wheel disc there is a mesh area that allows the air to flow to the other side which helps a little bit.
Yes Kawasaki ZZr1100 has similar side body area. Correct me if I am wrong the Kawasaki's maximum speed is 280kmh. This one is not that fast plus it's more of a status symbol "I look cool" kind of bike that you will use in big cities built up areas where cross wind won't play a big role. It's not a race track type of bike.
That being said if Kawasaki can allow that much side area I guess the non existent imaginary buyer of this bike will have to put up with bit of "Russian roulette" excitment. :)

The top speed of the ZZr1100 is around 280kph-175mph, you,re right about that.
The main cause of the side wind drifting, on a ZZr1100, is the large front mudguard, that covers a lot of the wheel, plus the large diameter disc brakes, which add up to an effectively "solid" wheel, as regards sidewinds. I bet that the Dacoit, with its rim mounted discs would be as "interesting" to ride in breezy conditions. Having said that, I,d still like to test ride it for you, if it gets built
Ronzzr11

FSBproductions
07-10-2005, 10:02 AM
You mentioned that the bike was a one seater, but there are passenger pegs on the subframe. Also, is it automatic...there is no shift lever next to the rearsets. Awesome looking machine. I ride a 2005 Yamaha R1 (Raven) myself.

nitindesign
07-10-2005, 12:04 PM
You mentioned that the bike was a one seater, but there are passenger pegs on the subframe. Also, is it automatic...there is no shift lever next to the rearsets. Awesome looking machine. I ride a 2005 Yamaha R1 (Raven) myself.

FSBproductions glad you like the bike. The front footpeg is basically for sitting upright and the rear one is if you want to lean into the bike. The foot pegs along with the handle bar are fully adjustable. So yes it is a one seater bike.

The gear change as mentioned before is through the control buttons that are on the hand grip area. See the high resolution image No.6.

Yamaha R1 excellent bike. http://cgtalk.com/images/smilies/bouncy.gif
I was going to get one but my wife talked sense into me! http://cgtalk.com/images/smilies/twisted.gif I guess I will stick with riding my mountain bike safely in the fields...for now http://cgtalk.com/images/smilies/scream.gif
Nothing beats riding a motorbike though.http://cgtalk.com/images/smilies/thumbsup.gif

randalverde
07-19-2005, 02:35 PM
Really nice work. I modeled a bike of my own and I starting to render it out in maya as well using mental ray and I was wondering how did you acheive such a nice render?

monovich
07-21-2005, 07:12 PM
I am a fanboy of this work. great job from top to bottom, it is so distinctive and so well exectued. love the environment, also.

-s

koexistens
07-21-2005, 09:10 PM
The slight blur at that shiny surface really adds to the image. You could have pput the bike in a more dirty environment to get more contrast to the clean surfaces thou..

Lluc
07-24-2005, 09:26 PM
Excellent deisgn ! very aggressive looking and strong bike ! Fantastic color balance :thumbsup:

tinitus
07-25-2005, 04:47 PM
great work...!really impressive!
which shader did you used for this sss look of the seat?

omega3d
08-03-2005, 04:29 PM
That is incredible... Those are my favorite "hi-techy" colors... Pleased my craving! :)

Nice work.

RmachucaA
08-03-2005, 08:55 PM
Great everything, minus the drag coefficency and lift created by the shape of the body work, unpractical.

nitindesign
08-04-2005, 10:59 PM
Great everything, minus the drag coefficency and lift created by the shape of the body work, unpractical.

Hi! I already answered that in one of my previous posts.:) This is a concept/fantasy bike and not a production bike...I was staying true to my concept of a bike inspired by a hooded guy.

That being said if I wanted then I could easily solve the engineering problem by having a well designed visor in front to deflect air. Here is a rough non-designed quick example to demonstrate what I mean-

http://nitindesign.com/grrr.jpg

If a production bike like this can work I don't see what the major problem is with my concept/fantasy non-production bike :scream: Still your point is valid and don't mean to be over defensive :thumbsup:
Oh! and the guy next to the bike is not me!:)

http://www.leather-house.net/image/baiku4/motorcycle-2005/motorcycle-3/honda-goldwing/honda-goldwing.jpg

w4y
08-05-2005, 07:10 PM
Very cool design and nice concept.

DigiDe
08-08-2005, 04:57 PM
Nice render, headlights? Do they flip up when you start the bike?

nitindesign
08-10-2005, 07:56 PM
Nice render, headlights? Do they flip up when you start the bike?

Page 5 message #70 answers your question :thumbsup:

Aceroner
08-11-2005, 09:06 AM
OMFG DUDE!!! im speachless.... would you mind if i asked you a couple of questions??? like waht operations did you mostley use in maya? loft? or waht surfaces? poly or nurb or subdiv? well keep up the good work and if you can message me plz!!:scream:

marinello2003
08-12-2005, 08:01 PM
Great looking design! i would love to own a bike that that just to look at it. However being a motorcycle rider myself, I have a couple of functional criticisms to the design.

1) It looks like the fearing may impeed legroom or where you put your legs - especially for taller people. I think I would be hitting my knees on it.

2) The front does not look very aerodynamic. Although the design would definately keep the engine cool, it would also create a lot of additional air friction. You might want to create some kind of fering at the front to make it a little more aerodynamic.

3) If this bike is as fast as it looks, you may also want to add a wind screen. Not many riders could go 150MPH+ without one.

Other than that, I think it is fantastic!

joerhoney
08-26-2005, 07:27 PM
i would drive that. :applause:

sam4grafix
08-30-2005, 01:41 PM
NO COMMENTS.. ur worked so good!.. *****+ FROM ME!!

salvadortyrael
09-07-2005, 11:49 PM
the image is incredible, i would definitely fall for a bike which had such a high publicity value! i find it truly amazing how digital tools can be used as means to formal creation
congratulations! hope they start selling them soon!

subliminal
09-17-2005, 01:14 PM
wow !, i love your concept bike,very nice .:applause:

kellyw
09-22-2005, 09:05 AM
It's a very beautiful motocar~
Your material and rending ave also very nice~~

DMonz
09-22-2005, 12:21 PM
wow! did you do that without ref guide?
that's one hot looking bike for me, although i prefer blue instead orange..

DMonz
09-22-2005, 12:24 PM
woah!! that's one cool looking concept car, although i prefer red than orange.:thumbsup:

Leon.S.Ken
09-24-2005, 02:07 PM
WOW ,OK ,OK,good modeling ,l really like it !nice job!
I will for it 5 stars!

waydorr
09-24-2005, 11:39 PM
Man that thing looks like it could hold a Viper V10 under there :) Also the headlights seem to be pointing down instead of straight ahead which is where you'd want the light to be cast.

well talking about the headlight i think it's ok cos it's mean't to point diagonally downwards

hey man terrific work :twisted:

pockets072
09-27-2005, 02:21 PM
spice my rice wit dat rice burning badboy bike

BlueNyte
09-28-2005, 08:17 AM
Simply amazing. I'm trying to make a neat bike too, so i'll be using yours as inspiration.

Boban
10-04-2005, 01:31 AM
five stars.

kuno00
10-07-2005, 03:45 PM
wow, man, That is THE BEST thing I've ever seen >.<

*whisper*teach me*whisper* lol^^

excellent job, thats a bike I'd buy

dhyanimation
10-14-2005, 04:34 PM
damn it's hot !

trence5
10-18-2005, 09:59 AM
CCooooooooooolllllllllllllllllllll:buttrock: :scream: :thumbsup: !

Strannik
10-30-2005, 12:16 AM
5 * from me. Be cool.

DorisDay
11-01-2005, 12:05 PM
Awesome bike with a broken speedo, it shows 105 but the bike is stationary...:bounce:

That said great work & where do I sign to place my order???

nitindesign
11-01-2005, 01:13 PM
Awesome bike with a broken speedo, it shows 105 but the bike is stationary...:bounce:

That said great work & where do I sign to place my order???

Thanks Buckie :)
The speedo is not broken. It records all the data which you can analyze later when the bike is stationary. So in this case the rider just pulled up the data for the fastest speed he did during his last ride...which was 105 kmph. Did you like my answer? :thumbsup::)

DorisDay
11-01-2005, 05:22 PM
']Did you like my answer? :thumbsup::)

I liked it, but don't believe a word of it...;)

bluemagicuk
11-05-2005, 07:33 PM
I have just got back from the NEC bike show in birmingham ... man there were some great bikes there i loved it !!! I wish my camera had not died :)

As for this design ,

The good
1) I think it is a great eye catching design, nice render and great modelling
2) The lines of the bike are really clean, nice flowing curves -- sexy
3) I love everything about the wheels !!!
4) The wheel base looks pretty short between the wheels ( Good for wheelying :) :) )

The bad
1) I dont like the faring surrounging the tank it is too sharp (it looks cool) but i dont like it)
2) If you hit 110mph on that thing the wind shear would be pretty choppy (it is a streetbike i know) but without a good wind resistant faring you will be limited to using it in the city. I could not take it for some seriously tight cornering around the Switz mountains :P
Correct me if i am wrong - i suppose if the vents distribute the on-coming wind well then this comment is irrelevant.

The ugly
1) The position of the footpegs needs to be readjusted, (I know you said it is adjustable)
It would need to be closer to the centre alighnment of the wheel.

ps .. sorry to hear about your data loss always a bummer when it happens

deadline
11-05-2005, 08:33 PM
great concept work. i like what you did with the colors...

KenSaba
11-07-2005, 08:59 AM
Wow, nice images!

But as bike lover, I guess there are some concept problems: you said its a city only bike, but all its lines, the giant disc brakes, the engine size, one seat only, speed seat position, this all leads to thought it is a sportive speed bike. Anyway, its design makes the front too light, unstable... And to road the city trafic, it should have more confortable ride position.

Would be nice have one in garage to see, but not to ride...

But nice renders anyway! Best regards!

nitindesign
11-11-2005, 10:43 PM
I want to thank all the people who sent me private e-mails. It was not physically possible to answer all the mails as there were just too many. So please don't feel offended or that I was ignoring anyone or being arrogant :sad:

A mini "Making of Dacoit" article was published online recently so that should answer most of the questions that were e-mailed to me.

Thanks for all the positive e-mails and for the support.

N

kizoku
11-14-2005, 08:06 AM
Now that is a bike! :D

rendering3d
11-17-2005, 05:52 PM
excellent keep going!!

Shiranui
11-18-2005, 07:07 AM
Excellent work, Nitin!

A few questions though:

How long did it take to model, and create textures for it?
How long did it take to render the final image?
What is your hardware setup?

Keep up the good work.

Digital-Miss
11-18-2005, 02:58 PM
That is hot to death. Fabulous work :)

vishaldpatel
12-05-2005, 05:56 AM
Oh WOW!

Yeah thats all I got lol.

- V

Zanith
12-23-2005, 10:12 PM
The reflective brake rotors are the only thing I have an issue with. They should at least have a matte, brushed look like in your 3rd/4th images of the bike

dash1203
01-08-2006, 06:42 AM
:eek: NITIN THAT IS AWESOME WORK DONE MAN,PERFECT FINISHING AWESOME LIGHTING HATS OFF TO U MAN

seagulls
02-02-2006, 02:29 AM
great render and model but the reflection underneath the bike looks like a plastic version
fix this and it will be even better:thumbsup:

Dark_sasuke
02-19-2006, 06:35 PM
WOW!! :thumbsup: :applause: i like it

tariqrauf
03-05-2006, 02:02 PM
heyyy nitin .. awesome work!!! nice to see fellow indians do such awesome work!! cheers mate..

ps.. what materials did you use for those "soft" greys ??

congrats again,
Tariq

VersusBlack
04-23-2006, 07:08 PM
Fantastic work ya man..

wasriyah
06-15-2006, 04:59 PM
aye nice job great render.

LeoWong
07-24-2006, 10:50 AM
cool~

that's my style, i like it so much

top work, well done

pall456
08-25-2006, 02:17 AM
nice work man, very very impressive. the only crit i have is that the corners of the gas tank are too rigid the rider's elbows would have no place to rest and be really uncomfortable. but, on the bright side, it's still sick as hell.

bblanar
10-04-2006, 08:08 PM
beyond modelling, rendering, which lots of people can do on here. the best part to me is the execution of the concept and design, the choosing of the name, the background and style, the concrete textures. excellent. 4 thumbs up.

vishaldpatel
02-04-2007, 12:43 AM
I like the design - the main impracticality I noticed (or maybe I'm just blind) is the lack of foot pedals - for resting your foot on or even changing gears (unless its gearless ;)).

Gorgeous design - I'm sure if something like this were to make it to production, the production ready version would have most of the impracticalities fixed, yet look just as nice - especially if you were on the design team :D.

pumbaziN
12-27-2007, 01:07 AM
gorgeous bike,look's agressive and powerfull , the top view is just fantastic !!
great design and great rendering, congratulations !

Demensia
06-09-2008, 05:58 AM
WOW that bike is Godly.. nice work.

lovedreamworld
03-15-2009, 08:26 AM
http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww231/glorious_art/1copy.jpg

This is my first work at www.cgsociety.org (http://www.cgsociety.org)
Every one has the right to dream and to fly as above as they want. So encourage them to fly instead of discouraging them. This is a Poster made on a concept of how to eradicate poverty. Made in poster color and in photoshop.

Comar93
05-03-2009, 02:42 PM
Amazing im completely stuned!

I dont get how do you make such clear intensive colors that make the picture look more buetyfull than real life? do you crank up the hue/saturation or contrast? how do you make that? layers in photoshop? please explain :D thx

CGTalk Moderation
05-03-2009, 02:42 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.